🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 144.5 - Minisode 144.5

I had to look this up because I assumed this was a joke. But no...

http://www.crowdfund...quel-frostbite/

https://www.indiegog...-academy-film#/

They raised $254,000! Less than a third of what they wanted!

Taylor Anne, I'm assuming that the perks listed are things that people who know about the books would be familiar with?

To put in perspective of how bad that is, this movie, which does have a decent fanbase for the source material, couldn't get the movie made, while Uwe Boll finally got the funding for his "final" movie, Rampage: President Down, after TWO failed crowd funding campaigns.

• Like 1

I am watching this thing now and, oh goodness, I adore Olga Kurylenko and Gabriel Byrne so much. It's pretty damn painful seeing them in this movie, even share scenes together, spouting such awwwwwwwful dialogue.

• Like 2

Jeeeeeee-sus Christ!

How can a movie, made up solely of exposition, make so little sense? The more they tell me what's going on the further adrift I feel. Seriously, what the fuck is anyone even talking about?

max-smart-confused.gif

They might as well have just dramatized the Wikipedia entry...it would have made much more sense and been just as interesting.

• Like 3

Jeeeeeee-sus Christ!

How can a movie, made up solely of exposition, make so little sense? The more they tell me what's going on the further adrift I feel. Seriously, what the fuck is anyone even talking about?

The first fifteen minutes feel like they're on fast forward, or like it's missing a first act. It gets a little better after that but the beginning moves REALLY fast.

What I don't get is why a vampire movie even bothers with world building exposition? Everyone knows how vampires operate, and you don't even need to stop and say "These are the bad vampires, they're called Strigoli, and we fight them because blah blah". Like, I get it, they have red eyes. This entire world works just as you would expect it to, it doesn't require voice over.

I do like the lead actress -- bobo Ellen Page. She tries to make her lines zing as best she's able. The blonde girl with the bee sting lips is pretty awful though.

• Like 1

I do like the lead actress -- bobo Ellen Page.

She happens to be the daughter of Lea Thompson and director Howard Deutch of "Pretty in Pink" and "Some Kind of Wonderful" fame.

• Like 1

She happens to be the daughter of Lea Thompson and director Howard Deutch of "Pretty in Pink" and "Some Kind of Wonderful" fame.

If Lea Thompson and Howard Deutch got together when they were making Howard the Duck, then their daughter could be the first HDTGM baby!

• Like 1

This may have already been mentioned, but Paul stated in the Stealth episode (I think) that the only year they hadn't done yet was a film from 1985. However, the Travolta/Curtis turd Perfect was from 1985. That being said, there were some other doozies from that year...Rocky IV, Rambo II and Revolution. If they did one, I'd vote Revolution. The others are layups, and didn't have the 1) tiny box office haul or 2) the gall to have a Christmas release.

This may have already been mentioned, but Paul stated in the Stealth episode (I think) that the only year they hadn't done yet was a film from 1985. However, the Travolta/Curtis turd Perfect was from 1985. That being said, there were some other doozies from that year...Rocky IV, Rambo II and Revolution. If they did one, I'd vote Revolution. The others are layups, and didn't have the 1) tiny box office haul or 2) the gall to have a Christmas release.

small correction ... paul got the movie years abit mixed up.

this was the first 2005 movie covered so the last year, between 1980 - 2016, without a HDTGM movie is 1981. (there is 3 movies before 1980 but they are spaced out all the way back to 1969)

https://docs.google....dit?usp=sharing

• Like 1

You guys, Jim Steinman wrote all of the music for Incubus.

• Like 1

Thanks for the heads up. 1981 looks ripe for the picking. Mommie Dearest, Tarzan, The Legend of the Lone Ranger, Endless Love, Rollover.

You guys, Jim Steinman wrote all of the music for Incubus.

590.gif

• Like 1