🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
agata

Episode 153 - Jen D'Angelo, Our Close Friend

to chanson

for a well-fed cog in the machine to affirm that men and women are persons, and as persons should be free from oppression, and yet do nothing tangible to make this affirmation a reality, is a farce. what concrete reality-transforming critical interventions do you plan to make in your day-to-day life? how do you intend to translate your woke feminism into the liberation of women?

on a reference from the episode

i wonder if @41:00 ("how you're an adult who shit yourself, and that's like... you'll get a lot of praise for that. maybe do keep it a secret?") sean is referring to @2:00 of this episode of 'box angeles':

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXgM45RrWDQ

to alienate the other from the natural machinations of its own butthole is an act of dehumanization and oppression. this is precisely what mike elder does when he chooses to use the clinical word defecate instead of aping ingrid's colloquial shit.

mike makes it worse when he 'genders her' by justifying his word (and words are the atoms of dialogue, use them with care because atoms can be bombs) with gender-roles that also divide and dehumanize. mike makes it even worse still when he interprets haas' rejection of these gender-roles as an open invitation to light-heartedly 'gender her' again in a sexualizing and infantilizing manner ('you dirty poop girl').

yes to haas humanizing herself, mike elder, us, and all our assholes by sharing her lived experience and testifying to the humiliating real, and no to gendered pidgeonholes and alienated anuses.

it's not about humans failing as adults or ingrids making names for themselves as 'the comedian thrice soiled', but it is about the social conditions that force humans to shit themselves at work, the prospect of seans having to do ads glorifying the time-saving qualities of casper's adult diapers, the reality of vladislavs already being forced to wear adult diapers, and most importantly the dream that one day we will use all our asses in a planned social economy, that one day we are no longer ashamedly taking off pants accidentaly shit, but instead are proudly putting on pants industriously shat.

tldr: you shoulda said shit mike.

• Like 8

to chanson

for a well-fed cog in the machine to affirm that men and women are persons, and as persons should be free from oppression, and yet do nothing tangible to make this affirmation a reality, is a farce. what concrete reality-transforming critical interventions do you plan to make in your day-to-day life? how do you intend to translate your woke feminism into the liberation of women?

I'm gonna tweet some woke shit.

• Like 4

any of you guys catch westworld, pretty tight

not yet

• Like 2

i really hope a new episode of hollywood handbook comes out soon!

• Like 6

HH forum fantasy football league Week Eight halftime report:

Ira Glass LEADS The New Hampshire Diarrhea Idiots, 20-17

The Winnipeg Murder LEAD the Pietá & the Memory of Big Floppy Guy, 14-10

Knights of Columbus & the Power of David Bowie TIED W Made with real Koenig Sugar, 13-13

The War of Northern Aggression LEAD Engineer in the Headlights, 360-227

Team Joes Lerini TIED W Ledecky Don't Know Defense, 2 dimes-4 nickels

The Flint Mi Marc-Maron-i And Cheeses LEAD Mutant League Football, ASMR Videos, Gluten, Chrs Hrdwck & Bela Lugosi as Dracula, 411-187

The Hollywood Name-Droppers LEAD Fart Sound, 4 vintage Weird Tales, Tcoap.. & YakkoWakko.com, cash-credit

The Lochteaser Freezer LEAD Dick Jokes, Vaping Hard af & blowing Huge f*cking Clouds & Being Smartest Kid in class but not Doing any Work, 17-14

• Like 4

My hot pick of the week? Sure! I got the Handbook boys to cover the spread against any fuckin podcast you choose, not enough points idiot

• Like 2

to chanson

a tweet (an affirmation) is not enough, and this type of verbalist 'blah' is in fact making real opression more oppressive still by adding to it the realization of oppression. if you want respect you must couple your wokeness with concrete action. a good starting point is finding and defeating conservative tech-bro (in the bergsonian sense of the term):

24RSzm7.gif

i'd start by looking for clues inside ourselves, because only when we discover ourselves to be hosts of the oppressor can we contribute to the midwifery of liberation.

police the boards! keep our threads clean from the mysogynist menace!

• Like 4

i am a bit naive, and uneducated, so this may be a silly question: is it misogynist to say something like, "women owe men sex"? again - sorry if that's a dumb question!!!!!!!!!!!! thank you

• Like 4

@lex @Chris Bannon @Jeff Ullrich (i REALLY hope theses @s work) - any update on nominating Hollywood Handbook for the Peabody Prize award? let's give the boys some credit

• Like 3

@Eskimo is that chumlee from pawn stars? Cause if he can beat up wonder woman and power girl I might draft him to my team, barring of course any dibs you have for bringing that to the boards attention.

Also could you clarify conservative tech-bro? I'm thinking of becoming a masked vigilante and wanna be sure I'm taking on the right guys

edit: if Chanson is Woke, you're Spoke, and cheeba is obviously Toke, maybe my superhero name can be Cloak? Smoke? Broke? make sure to alert me via @cisco to vote for your favorite or give you're own suggestion, only this forum can help us stop Mr. Sogyny in his tracks

• Like 2

we call it the popcorn gallery around here

edit: this was a response but it seems the statements it was in response to have disappeared, let's split up and search for clues

• Like 3

thanks for bringing chumlee into my life. watching the youtube-clip video felt like sliding a greasy chumlee-shaped puzzle piece into a chumlee-shaped hole in my consciousness.

smoke goes well with toke, but maybe cloak is the best one, because it makes me think of spawn. member when the lady tried to kick him in the crotch and he had like a big skull that shot out from his belt buckle and bit her foot? that's what we need, except for stopping you-know-whats, and it can work both ways, just wear it backwards.

i fear that if i tried to specify 'conservative tech-bro' i would reveal that i have no clue what i'm talking about, and am actually dumb. i was planning on taking a 'flail arms first, ask questions later'-approach.

• Like 1

Cool, that's 1 vote for cloak. Remember folks, you have until Nov 8 to drop in those absentees, anyone who doesn't I expect to see at the polls!

• Like 1

Cool, that's 1 vote for cloak. Remember folks, you have until Nov 8 to drop in those absentees, anyone who doesn't I expect to see at the polls!

If you're gonna be a superhero with the handle of "Cloak" expect some litigation from Marvel.

d5bbc76f18f640b2cec34e8c2dabae2d.jpg

• Like 2

*eyes dart back and forth* dude come on i knew that, I'm totally a nerd bro! I love comic books! eh heh, uhm..

*pulls collar*

isn't there a new thread to be in? excuse me..

• Like 3