🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JimmyMecks

Cape Fear (1962) vs. Cape Fear (1991)

Original vs. remake. I wonder where the majority of people (especially a Gen-X/Millienial skewing community like this one) would fall.

For added bonus, it can be a triple versus: Cape Fear vs. Cape Fear vs. Cape Feare!

Cape Fear vs Fear vs Primal Fear vs Wages of Fear vs Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas...

I'm sorry.

• Like 2

Pretty sure remake would take this one. I'd vote that way for sure. Although if the remake were a solo episode, I'd be hesitant just because I wonder how many Scorcese/DeNiro we NEED in the Canon. It's an excellent movie, they're ALL excellent movies. But I feel like if the project of the Canon is to make a viewing list for people who want to know about film, I wouldn't show them 5 movies from the same actor/director combo.

• Like 1

Pretty sure remake would take this one. I'd vote that way for sure. Although if the remake were a solo episode, I'd be hesitant just because I wonder how many Scorcese/DeNiro we NEED in the Canon. It's an excellent movie, they're ALL excellent movies. But I feel like if the project of the Canon is to make a viewing list for people who want to know about film, I wouldn't show them 5 movies from the same actor/director combo.

This. I like both Capes Fear, but I don't believe either are particularly canon-worthy. I'd love to hear the arguments.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this