🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 3.1 — Concept & Content: Day 1

It's Week 3 of The Earwolf Challenge and we're down to nine contestants who will compete this week over show content. Meaning? There must be a reason for someone to listen to your podcast, and some reasons are more compelling others. In today's coaching session you'll hear some contestants struggle to explain their podcast or wonder how they can consolidate the theme into two minutes. Listen tomorrow to hear their submissions with guest judges Paul F. Tompkins and Jesse Thorn.

Tomorrow will be a super exciting ep, but I have to say that I learned a lot more about the shows this week that I didn't remember/know from the original introductions. I feel like I have a much better understanding of all the podcasts and their concepts now.

I liked the scifi guys podcast theme. I don't think Matt and the judges understood the jokes. The 'fucking amys daughter' wasn't out of line at all- it was a gibberish plot twist in the series and NEEDS to be joked about.

That said, the Totally Lame podcast are a bunch of name-droppers... they might win this thing.

I realize neither of those things are in this episode XD

HUBRIS! For anyone to imply that their sketch podcast is better than Superego-- Pshaw and DOUBLE PSHAW! SCANDAL! That had better be a good two minutes of sketch podcast comedy tomorrow. SCOFFING!

I think they were trying to say it's not better than Superego. Matt Besser jumped to that conclusion.

I can't wait to hear the F Plus tomorrow. I have yet to listen to any of the podcasts yet and so far that is the only one that really stands out to me. I am pretty familiar with the type of horrible writing they will be presenting but the idea of it being in podcast form sounds amazing.

Not gonna lie, I was really hoping the exchange about Superego would go unnoticed. I brought them up because Matt asked for other examples of sketch podcasts, and I love that show. I mean I love it so hard, you guys. Then he asks if we think we're funnier than they are. I mean Christ, what are you supposed to say to that, right? I had to scramble and quickly come up with a diplomatic answer that neither sold out my own show or disrespected the Superego folks, whom I consider honest-to-goodness geniuses. I hope nobody thinks I was boasting or denigrating other comedians. I save that for intimate private times, and even then would never say a bad word about Superego, which is in fact the only show to once make me laugh so hard on the subway that I missed my stop (It was the most recent Shunt McGuppin bit). When Superego comes to NY the first round is on me.

Yeah, I had to cringe at the "diplomatic" answer regarding superego. That was a terrible question for Matt to ask.

Sign in to follow this