🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 8 - Kevin Daniels: It's Not Hype

Actor Kevin Daniels (Modern Family, Sirens) thinks Hamilton is the most inspiring piece of theatre he's ever seen. He's particularly amazed by the sheer amount of story that the Hamilton cast members pack into every performance. He tells Travon and Mike about crying to “It’s Quiet Uptown” and they croon along to “You’ll Be Back.” And we want to know: what piece of American history do you wish had a Hamilton song? We want to hear you sing it. Give us a ring at 937-9MYSHOT.

Y'all touched briefly on the horror of the lyrics but really this is a song from an abusive boyfriend to the girl that finally left his ass. And it's creepy as fuck to hear but that's what makes it so damn brilliant! I was worried for half a second that y'all were gonna say this was a totally normal song to hear from a guy singing to his girl but then you said it was an OJ kind of love song and I busted out laughing and stop that worry lol.

It's such a creepy song but interesting and amazing and I love it and my GOD is it fun to sing along to!

Also I wish I had called in about my favorite lyric because that perfect tongue twister from Daveed in "Washington on Your Side" is now what I say to myself every time I need to get pumped up! I mean the whole song pumps me up, of course, but that line, "I'm in the cabinet I am complicit in watching him grabbin' at power and kissin' it. If Washington isn't gonna listen to disciplined dissidence this is the difference this kid is out! OH!" That line gets me loud and ready to go for whatever it is I need to do! Especially amazing as a warmup to a workout to really get your ass in gear lol.

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this