🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 448 - Master of Horror

p0lyb1ussinup I feel like I'm just following you around the Earwolf forums at this point. We're probably friends now.

• Like 2

p0lyb1ussinup I feel like I'm just following you around the Earwolf forums at this point. We're probably friends now.

I will accept your friendship but caution you that I am notoriously unlikable. Enjoy me at the risk of your own sanity.

Have you checked your forums inbox recently OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO? Did you even know the forums had a messenger feature? It's shocking, I know. Don't worry you do not have a message from me but you do have one.

• Like 7

Wait a minute, this isn't the Hollywood Handbook forum!

• Like 14

Many of you are making very compelling points and if you look back at what I originally said, I recognized right away that it was unnecessary and probably "the worst" to post that. That doesn't excuse doing it, I sincerely regretted it and felt stupid for saying it, I guess I was just in a shitty mood and it rubbed me the wrong way. You're absolutely right that it was trivial, unnecessary, that nobody gives a shit, that it was a stupid thing to say, but I maintain that it had nothing to do with gender to me, it wasn't coming from a place of hatred for women or even a dislike of women in comedy, that is something I'm completely against too. Some of my favorite comedians are women and I think Berlant is funny, some of the funniest people and funniest moments from CBB and Spontaneanation and Improv 4 Humans come from women, I don't think I need to defend myself with this shit because you all know this but I will anyways. I'm right there with you when it comes to that.

You are right to hate my comment and I don't blame you for thinking it's misogynistic because you don't know me and you only have the comment to go on, so it is what it is. I maintain that saying something like that, even though it's stupid, unnecessary and just mean, isn't necessarily sexist. It certainly wasn't in this case, and you can make claims about some kind of unconscious bias or some underlying hatred, but that's not me. It was a flippant comment that I shouldn't have made, but it's not a reflection of hatred of women even if you refuse to believe that. What compelled me to say it is a shitty mood and a very shitty desire to shit on something that annoyed me, and in that moment I was here. It's not a valid excuse and it doesn't justify anything, but it's true.

Thank you Dingus (or now a bunch of O's) for saying all of that just now. You didn't have to explain yourself but I'm really glad that you did. I agree with almost everything you just said and I clearly made an inaccurate assumption about you as well. The only thing I don't agree with is where I was coming from with the comment, because again it was a stupid and shitty thing to say, but it wasn't fueled by what you think. I don't expect people to believe that but I'll say it anyways. Thank you for leveling with me.

So, I'm sincerely sorry that I said a shitty thing. We all agree it was shitty and unnecessary and although I'll continue saying things that pop into my head, I'll try to leave the shitty things out. I'll scribble them on paper and then eat the paper instead, because although I'm glad to have this kind of conversation it always makes me feel like a stupid asshole for having it here on Earwolf.

This episode was awesome and I really wish the bullshit from last week stayed in that thread, but here we are.

• Like 13

Wait a minute, this isn't the Hollywood Handbook forum!

• Like 5

Many of you are making very compelling points and if you look back at what I originally said, I recognized right away that it was unnecessary and probably "the worst" to post that. That doesn't excuse doing it, I sincerely regretted it and felt stupid for saying it, I guess I was just in a shitty mood and it rubbed me the wrong way. You're absolutely right that it was trivial, unnecessary, that nobody gives a shit, that it was a stupid thing to say, but I maintain that it had nothing to do with gender to me, it wasn't coming from a place of hatred for women or even a dislike of women in comedy, that is something I'm completely against too. Some of my favorite comedians are women and I think Berlant is funny, some of the funniest people and funniest moments from CBB and Spontaneanation and Improv 4 Humans come from women, I don't think I need to defend myself with this shit because you all know this but I will anyways. I'm right there with you when it comes to that.

You are right to hate my comment and I don't blame you for thinking it's misogynistic because you don't know me and you only have the comment to go on, so it is what it is. I maintain that saying something like that, even though it's stupid, unnecessary and just mean, isn't necessarily sexist. It certainly wasn't in this case, and you can make claims about some kind of unconscious bias or some underlying hatred, but that's not me. It was a flippant comment that I shouldn't have made, but it's not a reflection of hatred of women even if you refuse to believe that. What compelled me to say it is a shitty mood and a very shitty desire to shit on something that annoyed me, and in that moment I was here. It's not a valid excuse and it doesn't justify anything, but it's true.

Thank you Dingus (or now a bunch of O's) for saying all of that just now. You didn't have to explain yourself but I'm really glad that you did. I agree with almost everything you just said and I clearly made an inaccurate assumption about you as well. The only thing I don't agree with is where I was coming from with the comment, because again it was a stupid and shitty thing to say, but it wasn't fueled by what you think. I don't expect people to believe that but I'll say it anyways. Thank you for leveling with me.

So, I'm sincerely sorry that I said a shitty thing. We all agree it was shitty and unnecessary and although I'll continue saying things that pop into my head, I'll try to leave the shitty things out. I'll scribble them on paper and then eat the paper instead, because although I'm glad to have this kind of conversation it always makes me feel like a stupid asshole for having it here on Earwolf.

This episode was awesome and I really wish the bullshit from last week stayed in that thread, but here we are.

I appreciate the thought out response. Maybe we should have started there, but I was admittedly aggressive and, like you, in a weird mood when this all started last week. Of course, it is also just kind of fun to fight on the internet but the intent on my end was very genuine and, while no artist should be exempt from critique, I hope that we as a group can keep the conversations constructive and intelligent in our own idiotic way.

• Like 9

I agree that it's fun to fight! I hope we can do it again sometime, just maybe about a topic that isn't such a spicy meatball. Maybe one of Gabrus's many hilarious microaggressions will bring us back into the ring.

• Like 2

Beef no longer happening?

NOT ON MY WATCH

• Like 1

hey oddburger, aside from your obvious sexism which you have a blindspot to, what i keep asking myself is: what kind of person is "annoyed" by a photo?

oh my, how delicate you must be, right? i'm sorry sir is this photo bothering you? is it ruffling your feathers? oh what a nasty mean awful photo it is! oh my! oh dear! this still image is accosting my fragile senses! i have no choice but to declare it to the world, this horrible affront, this hostile invasion, has stricken me to the core! i am now lesser for having taken it into my pure and dainty visage. damn you annoying photo! DAMN YOU TO HELLLLLL!

is that what it was like? please insert your dumb response back up your stupid asshole you misogynist piece of idiotic garbage.

love, souprman.

(too much?)

• Like 3

Someone actually liked your post. Depressing. It's much easier for me to assume all of that is a joke than to actually engage with any of it, because if anyone actually thinks I'm a misogynist then I think it says more about their perspective than mine. I commented on being annoyed by the photo here because nobody in my real life even knows who Kate Berlant is, and I thought others would maybe agree that it is, in fact, an annoying photo. I was so wrong in so many ways... Thank you for helping to show me that.

It's good now.

Q3GDSPp.png

yeah you keep beating that drum:

anyone who has an opinion of me i can't process i just turn it around so it's their problem thus releasing me from having to examine myself.

we get it.

• Like 2

Oh, so you weren't joking? In that case, you're a pathetic idiot who has ignored everything I've already said. I feel foolish for even responding to you.

• Like 2

This was originally a really dumb joke post. Please refer to the "jk" in the next post.

I hear a bunch of commotion from the CBB forums and when I get here, the fires out, the arsonist has already been crucified and has asked for forgiveness! I didn't even get to cast one stone. Such a bummer. Warn me sooner people, always love be me stoning.

Like your spunk ooooooooooooo et cetera.

• Like 4

remember that time someone said a funny thing on this podcast we all like? that was good. and also nice

• Like 8

remember that time someone said a funny thing on this podcast we all like? that was good. and also nice

Those were the good ol' days. I also liked that we all talked about that funny thing on these forums.

• Like 4

Those were the good ol' days. I also liked that we all talked about that funny thing on these forums.

Wow, was this post made on a porch of a nursing home in Florida? Hmm... Those good ol' days.

• Like 2