🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 448 - Master of Horror

did anyone else notice how annoying robert kirkmans photo is?

I was too busy noticing how only white heterosexual cisgender males are guests today. This episode is just oozing with sticky, gooey privilege.

Despite that, great ep.

Gemberling is a top 5 CBB guest. Maybe higher. If you disagree - I challenge you to a town hall style debate.

Little Button Puss made me laugh harder and more consistently than most characters/guests. Gemberling's always amazing on Improv 4 Humans too.

Also, "my favorite past-time is the 80's" was a really great line from Kirkman.

• Like 5

good one.

my condolences to steveh.

• Like 4

loving the grandma bit with Gemberling

also, Invincible is the most consistently good superhero comic out right now and Robert Kirkman is surprisingly funny

• Like 3

Ryan Gaul had the biggest LOL moment for me, but the whole thing was really great. Seriously good ep.

• Like 3

Ryan Gaul had the biggest LOL moment for me, but the whole thing was really great. Seriously good ep.

When he was stumbling over explaining plugging up a dyke, then revealed he was just on the phone, then Scott said the phrase "a random dyke" was where the tears started a-flowing.

• Like 3

I'm liking this lineup. There's enough peen involved to calm everybody down from last week

• Like 2

Gaul is just killing it in this ep. The New Yorker cartoon was brilliant. I am also liking Gemberling and Aukerman arguing over getting Mute guests on the show.

• Like 3

Upcoming Semen sounds like the XXX version of Upstream Color, except you actually know what is happening.

It's sex.

did anyone else notice how annoying robert kirkmans photo is?

I was waiting for this, almost did this myself but figured some of the Men here would not find it humorous coming from me. But yeah, notice how a man can have a goofy photo and it is just whatever, but a woman does the same and you get a manifesto from Oddbomb and Sitwell. Keep up your denial, boys.

• Like 5

45501f351555ba3bda0c64f050897266.jpg

Now that you mention it, I am completely fine with Kirkman's picture but this one seems to fill me with some kind of testosterone-flavored rage. Should I consult my doctor, or could you possibly edit this comment with a more appropriate (read: arousing) photograph?

• Like 7

I was waiting for this, almost did this myself but figured some of the Men here would not find it humorous coming from me. But yeah, notice how a man can have a goofy photo and it is just whatever, but a woman does the same and you get a manifesto from Oddbomb and Sitwell. Keep up your denial, boys.

Again, you're the only one obsessing over gender. You're kind of a parody of feminism, and I suspect you're more sexist than me because I'm not and you clearly have a huge chip on your shoulder. Also the picture you just posted is awesome, nothing annoying about it. I'm glad you're baiting me into ruining this thread too though, it shows character. Girl power! You're definitely doing your part to #topplethepatriarchy.

• Like 2

I suspect you're more sexist than me because I'm not

whats that Shakespeare thing about protesting too much? methinks you doth it

• Like 4

Again, you're the only one obsessing over gender. You're kind of a parody of feminism, and I suspect you're more sexist than me because I'm not and you clearly have a huge chip on your shoulder. Also the picture you just posted is awesome, nothing annoying about it. I'm glad you're baiting me into ruining this thread too though, it shows character. Girl power! You're definitely doing your part to #topplethepatriarchy.

I like how your comment took me on a little journey there. My opinion of you changed every few words and by the time I finished reading it I decided you were cool.

It's in response to being told I'm in denial of being sexist. Remember, it's because I said I thought a picture is annoying. Letting things like this slide is allowing people like her to get away with ridiculous accusations, and reaffirming the belief that any criticism of a woman, even something as arbitrary as saying a picture is annoying, is misogyny. I dothn't think I'm protesting enough, because this is a serious issue regarding discourse in our society, it's just a really duam place to protest about it. At least this time I'm not the one who started the bullshit on an Earwolf thread, but I'll begrudgingly continue it.

• Like 1

It's in response to being told I'm in denial of being sexist. Remember, it's because I said I thought a picture is annoying. Letting things like this slide is allowing people like her to get away with ridiculous accusations, and reaffirming the belief that any criticism of a woman, even something as arbitrary as saying a picture is annoying, is misogyny. I dothn't think I'm protesting enough, because this is a serious issue regarding discourse in our society, it's just a really duam place to protest about it. At least this time I'm not the one who started the bullshit on an Earwolf thread, but I'll begrudgingly continue it.

You don't seem to realize that the fact that your complaint was about something as trivial as a picture IS the reason it's misogynistic. You made a completely unnecessary slam on a female performer based on her appearance. No one is saying you can't criticize a woman but for fucks sake look at the basis of your criticism.

• Like 9

here's the thing about misogyny - and this is fun - it's not always about what you're saying (in this case, that the picture is annoying to you) but moreso the REASONS behind why you feel compelled to let the world know that you think a photo of a woman is shit. chew on that, get back to me. what compelled you to feel the need to make that remark? either way, i can assure you of this - literally no one gives a shit what you think of a picture of Kate Berlant, so i implore you, next time, take a min to reflect before you rush to an internet forum to talk about which woman annoyed you on that particular day.

• Like 13

Yes I do have a chip on my shoulder. As a standup comedian and improviser I am surrounded by dudes like you. My good friends include dudes like you. You're not a disgusting sexist, but you fail to acknowledge the boy's club here. I am for sure projecting on you. You are not as bad as I am making you out to be. I am also not the social justice warrior that you think I am. But you truly CAN'T understand how it feels to see the first comment towards a female comedian being about how her funny face bothers you. You think it is just a meaningless complaint, but it is really not. It comes from a place of "Woman comedians try too hard"; "Women shouldn't bother trying to be funny" etc...it is the reason many female comedian friends of mine just simply quit. All while unfunny, unattractive men thrive. So sorry for my sensitivity, but this is a real thing.

• Like 15

"Tis a consummation devoutly to be wished"

• Like 13

I dothn't think I'm protesting enough, because this is a serious issue regarding discourse in our society

You've been told by a number of people that you are contributing to a pattern of female CBB guests being criticized in a way that male guests are not. If your response to that is "NUH UH YOU ARE DA TRUE SEXISTS" then I don't know what to tell you. Examine your shit or fuck off.

• Like 16

Now that you mention it, I am completely fine with Kirkman's picture but this one seems to fill me with some kind of testosterone-flavored rage. Should I consult my doctor, or could you possibly edit this comment with a more appropriate (read: arousing) photograph?

Hmm, how does testosterone taste? I bet it tastes great. Much better than measly estrogen.

• Like 8

You've been told by a number of people that you are contributing to a pattern of female CBB guests being criticized in a way that male guests are not. If your response to that is "NUH UH YOU ARE DA TRUE SEXISTS" then I don't know what to tell you. Examine your shit or fuck off.

I wouldn't have sex with a single male guest whos ever been on any earwolf show ever. They are all totally unappealing to me in any sort of sexual or romantic way. I guess Im just sexist that way. Now the women on the other hand, hot damn, have you ever seen a titty before? Theyre awesome!

Hmm, how does testosterone taste? I bet it tastes great. Much better than measly estrogen.

It tastes like beer and cheese, which is great. It's the aftertaste of systematic oppression that I could do without.

• Like 2