🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
agata

Episode 154 - Brandon Wardell, Our Close Friend

Two new posters already!! Brandon Wardell has way more cred then I thought.

Welcome to pledge week new people!!! This will be tough newbies!!! Good luck.

• Like 11

Hey, sweeties!

Been scoop-troopin for quite a while, but finally got the nerve to post because I need to axe yall a question: what's the best way to support our boys with my listen? Should I download or stream? Does platform matter? I just want to make sure I'm getting them the most bang for my not buck.

Best wishes,

The Real Zach Braff

I think Scripps would tell you to listen on Howl, but since that is unpleasant, every other means of getting the show (iTunes or other app) all comes from Soundcloud servers so there is no difference in numbers as to how you listen in that sense. Review it places, tell a friend, and make sure you're downloading the show each week and you'll be considered a good boy

• Like 14

holy smokes, you seein this? noho just responded to another post and didn't say a review of the ep....

could it be that he didn't care for the episode!?

No it could not be. I liked the show very much. Lots of laughs in this one!

• Like 9

I thought this one was good. Anyone know what cell service Sean uses, I always lose signal when I go submarining.

• Like 14

wardell did a great job when you consider how intimidating it must be to roll with the punches from two guys about the same age as him, but who are already comedy giants. they said they got a 'young steve-o' vibe, i was thinking 'old tom scharpling'. since wardell is not tough enough to perform tweet-drafts on the spot, i'm going to show him how it's done by dropping some post-drafts:

something about overhearing a woman on the street asking a man for the directions to the bank, and the man responding: 'what! in this economy?'.

something about doing a flip on 'nerds is cool now' which is: 'jesters is kings now'.

maybe sean did the show on remote because he was recording an episode of doughboys? i remember hayes or sean saying they did recording on same day 2 eps before this.

• Like 10

Excited to finally see Doughboys dive into the undersea market!

• Like 13

this guy won me over with "i wanna be murdered by a woman"

• Like 18

Sorry, only just seeing this! I was at the gym working out while you were all here at the computer, I guess. I'll download the episode now and listen to it when I go back to the gym later, after my run.

• Like 8

Hmm, if any staff can help me i recently purchased the Hollywood Handbook Seanson Pass. Its when you pass on every ep until Seans on. Does this one count as a Seans on? Or is this one of the ez skips?

• Like 16

On my lunch break I realized my haiku was actually a reverse haiku. I'm such a fucking idiot

• Like 4

Black oil everywhere

A strange horse fights many wars

This is not a sub

• Like 11

Some of my insiders in the 'biz have told me that vinyl is coming back in a big way (no pun intended because the artwork is way bigger) so my best advice for you is to start investing in the Hollywood Handbook LPs that are getting shipped out every week. Not only to show your support but to prove to your friends that you care about things like sound quality, crackling, and just all around much bigger artwork when it comes to podcasts. Worst case scenario you end up with just a cool collection of Hollwood Handbook, and an even worse case scenario is that you can tell yourself they will all be worth something someday.

Anyway, did'nt mean to turn this into a big thing here, just wanted to stop by and say that I'm excited for and probably even listening to this week's installment of Hollywood Handbook.

Keep it real, and keep those vinyls clean

And another thing (this should interest the newly dubbed Ghoulstone) the new album by Ghoul is a freakin board game when you open it up. Good luck playing that on something the size of a CD booklet! Vinyl is king!

• Like 5

Great first post!

I would say definitely go on iTunes to subscribe, rate and review the show. Then probably best to also click play each week on the Earwolf episode page to get the soundcloud numbers up.

Hey & how bout them Natalie portmans huh?

How come I cant leave reviews in Howl? That seems like a pretty big oversight.

• Like 5

With how much the boys are focusing in on Twitter, I'm hoping they can help me with the fake celebrity joke account I'm trying to launch. So far I have a goofy picture of the guy who interviewed Clinton with the handle @GachZalifianakis. But what do I do now? Just post generic, sort of irreverant jokes unrelated to stuff Zach has ever done or no?

• Like 9

And another thing (this should interest the newly dubbed Ghoulstone) the new album by Ghoul is a freakin board game when you open it up. Good luck playing that on something the size of a CD booklet! Vinyl is king!

I do love a good board game, and I would love to add that to my collection if only the band's name didn't have me quivering in my friggin' boots over here. So much good music goes to waste when you name your band something scary like 'Ghoul', or 'Ghost'. What's next? Combining monster names and making your band name the same as the combined words? Maybe I'll just put the words 'Skeleton' and 'Witch' together and that's a band name. Is that what music is now? Just trying to outscare the last guy? Don't even get me started.

How come I cant leave reviews in Howl? That seems like a pretty big oversight.

Oh, they don't let any negativity past that paywall my friend. And if we've learned anything from 'EH WRONG', it's that a lot of negative people flock to Hollywood Handbook reviews to feel better about themselves.

• Like 7

With how much the boys are focusing in on Twitter, I'm hoping they can help me with the fake celebrity joke account I'm trying to launch. So far I have a goofy picture of the guy who interviewed Clinton with the handle @GachZalifianakis. But what do I do now? Just post generic, sort of irreverant jokes unrelated to stuff Zach has ever done or no?

Just go wild man, I dont give a fuck

• Like 3

Speaking as a full time chucklehead, this ep was great becuase it was chock(Chuck) full of chuckles!

• Like 11

We're already on three pages? Fuck.

I didn't have anything else to say.

• Like 13

What's next? Combining monster names and making your band name the same as the combined words? Maybe I'll just put the words 'Skeleton' and 'Witch' together and that's a band name. Is that what music is now? Just trying to outscare the last guy? Don't even get me started.

My pers'nel fav is "IMPALED" which is an acronym for "Immoral Medical Practitioners And Liscentious Evil Doers"

• Like 5

Another Tuesday, another podcast to listen to. It feels like we're running to stand still here, folks! What about all those big dreams we had when started listening to things? If you asked your young self what you hoped to be listening to in 2016, I seriously doubt that starry-eyed kid would have said "The 154th episode of a podcast." That kid still had fire in her/his ears! That kid had passion and ambition! That kid would say "I'm going to listen to the biggest noise in the world!" or perhaps "I'm going to listen to an ALIEN podcast, in a colony on the MOON!"

I think we can do better, that's all I'm saying. Listen big, people!

Edit: Don't take it personally Sean and Hayes, this isn't about you. The show was great, as usual. *yawn*

Edit: If you DO want to help, though, maybe try adding some new kinds of noises next episode. Maybe some weird animals or something.

• Like 13

this guy won me over with "i wanna be murdered by a woman"

same

• Like 5

Only just now got around to listening to this ep. I couldn't do this earlier because my mean mum and dad made me get a job but they don't let you download or listen to podcasts during the job and instead make you do training so you can do the job the way they want you to do it but the training person isn't even there today so you do pointless busy-work and when you are filling some stuff away you cut your finger open on a cardboard box somehow and you think maybe you should just quit the job but you're really afraid of disappointing your parents that have supported you and maybe you should settle down and heck maybe it'll just be for a year or so and next year when you have some more savings you can move to the big city but you're not sure the big city is where you want to be either and so you think you should express all these conflicting feelings but you're having trouble doing so so you think you should just write it all down in a stream of conscience post on the Hollywood Handbook forums but you make an odd choice to make it all one sentence and you don't reread before posting to see if your post contains any sort of through-line or point or indeed is even readable

5star ep!

• Like 12