🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
LukeHENDERSON

Insidious

Please drop everything and watch this movie. It starts out so promising with an interesting haunting story, and quickly turns bat shit crazy. Highlights; Ghosts that aren't CGI, yet still look terrible. Medium that speaks to ghosts via a gas mask. Mormon bicycle evangelist that handle a/v for paranormal investigations. Grandmother who knows probably what is going on, but doesn't let on. Bizarre reason for why everything is happening. Amazing evidence of an after life that no one seems concerned about at all afterward. Murder of an old woman. Weird red faced child/demon creature. I can even pin point for you when it all starts going insane. Wait for the moment you first hear, Tiptoe through the Tulips by Tiny Tim. I can't even explain this strongly enough...it's so bad.

The first half is okay. The second half is worth attention from this show. Old woman with a gas mask anyone?

i agree, starts out so promissing, and then it introduces the comedy duo of the ghost busters and nothing in the moview can be or even wants to be taken seriously after that

I think you guys are right that it doesn't fit on this show, and there are many films that are worse in the horror genre, but come on, the second half of that movie was just strange.

I think you guys are right that it doesn't fit on this show, and there are many films that are worse in the horror genre, but come on, the second half of that movie was just strange.

Oh buh-rother was this a stinker!

I watched it as a part of "bad movie night" at a friend's house and it was so bad that we didn't even have that much fun. I even fell asleep for a bit.

Okay, so the main ghost looks like Darth Maul with a shitty wig.

Patrick Wilson - I don't get it. He's a good actor! He's been in a lot of shite lately though. What's the deal?

Anyway, this movie sucked to the point where I was Jason Mantzoukas angry.

When Mr Wan's career and ideas stalled after the fluke of Saw... he obvious thought i know.. I'll rip of the plot and characters from Poltergeist and make no reference to the fact and sell it to the studio. Then I'll replace tension, chills, quotable dialogue, iconic imagery and amazing special/practical effects with 2 jump scares and the most bland ending ever.

But how do I invent a super scary demonic entity that no one has seen before.. I know! I'll give Darth Maul sideburns and maybe satyr legs. A creation so scary that a child's crayon drawing of it is far more frightening than it is in person.

And in case that's not enough lets make it PG13 with visual cues ripped from Paranormal Activity.

I think this movie is more relevant now that James Wan is directing Fast & Furious 7. This movie is hot garbage.

The series of photos that shows the old lady getting closer is amazing. I saw this at TIFF and the audience was laughing... I would have felt bad for Wan and the other Saw guy but it was shit.

I liked the first 2/3 of the movie where it was a decent haunting movie, but when it became "let's go into ghost world" I completely checked out.

Sign in to follow this