🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
agata

Episode 155 - Keith and Jesse, Our Food Explorers

Wanna feel old?

I had BACDAFUCKUP on a maxi single cassette that I carried around in hysterically large case that looked like a little suitcase but actually had all my cassette singles in it. Brought it around to all my friend's houses because I really could not count on them having "WHOOMP There it is" or "Lately-MTV Unplugged Uptown Edition" available for me when I was in the mood to groove.

I am like literally almost practically 40 so if you know what I am talking about you are old AF.

• Like 9

Rough start to the day. My neighbor put up a fucking skeleton decoration on their door so I had to cover my ears and scream the entire walk to my car. I'm okay now but if someone could bring me some food, expensive clothing, and a more considerate neighbor to my office building that would really help my situation. My cubicle is the one by the women's restroom (yes I can hear their business going on, and yes i do hate it even though i always pause what im listening to whenever i see someone go in there)

• Like 9

To anyone who didnt "get" this ep: it's probably because you're not a true 90s kid, and dont member things like pokemons, dawson, and living in a time before Obama ruined the economy with weird food that might be made out of dogs. We forgive you though. Keep it real with slap bracelets and trapper keepers and shit!!

Love,

The real Zach Braff

• Like 5

The food reviews made no sense. Was hoping for more scores on the rock sticks bugs and dogs scale.

• Like 4

There were things in this episode I was going to comment on, but I have since forgotten what they were.

• Like 11

I'm gonna warn you now, if you start a post with 'wanna feel old?' I'm gonna stop reading right there. Because no, I dont. I wanna feel young forever. That's why I stopped working out, because nothing makes me feel older than being sore after going to the gym and listening to CCR or whatever these kids like to get rowdy to

#foreveryoung (# is a hip thing to put before a phrase that you type out on a computer)

• Like 7

Great ep. Great forum. Great posts. Some okay jokes. It's nice to have a place where people can kick back, relax, and escape the insanity of this election season. In the grand scheme of things there is more that unites us than divides us and if you really want to feel old you've aged since you started reading this comment.

• Like 10

If you've never used a rotary phone, it's against the law for you to feel old.

ETA: Not trying to invalidate anyone's lived experiences.

• Like 8

HH forum fantasy football league Week Nine final scores:

The Winnipeg Murder OVER Made with real Koenig Sugar, 34-31

The Hollywood Name-Droppers OVER The Flint Mi Marc-Maron-i And Cheeses, 52-49 5OT

Ira Glass & DVD of K-Pax OVER Knights of Columbus & the Power of David Bowie, 21-20

The Pietá & the Memory of Big Floppy Guy OVER The Lochteaser Freezer, 37-35

Mutant League Football, Bela Lugosi as Dracula & the Howie Scream OVER Team Joes Lerini, 44-36

The New Hampshire Diarrhea Idiots OVER Ledecky Don't Know Defense, 28-13

The War of Northern Aggression OVER Fart Sound & Friends, 37-30

Dick Jokes, Vaping Hard AF & Blowing Huge F*cking Clouds & Being Smartest Kid in Class but Not doing any Work OVER Engineer in the Headlights, 23-16

We at the HHFFFL front office are committed to providing you with the most virtually intuitive All-Pro-Star-Bowl experience possible. Having said that it will probably consist of a graphics package showing all of your team reps, some hoo-ha about several sweet touchdowns and a scandalous halftime show involving a risque dance routine from the HH modern interpretive dance troupe. If we have any volunteers to head up said troupe, it's all yours

A quick look ahead at the post-season. At this point we will have a 16 game season. All teams will be involved in the playoffs which will be a single elimination tournament with regular season records being used to determine playoff seating. #1 vs #8, #2 vs #7 etc. There will be a wild card round, division round, conference championship and then the winner of HFC faces off against winner of SFC in the HHFFFL title game. best of luck to you all

• Like 9

HHFFFL Week Nine Pro-Version goes to Fabio's Socks. His prize is a mound of Tibetan earth filled with rare silk worms to make the softest and most delicate socks to protect Fabio's feets or Frankingstein's or whoever you so choose

HHFFFL%20wk%209%20ProV%20Fabio.jpg

• Like 9

If you've never used a rotary phone, it's against the law for you to feel old.

ETA: Not trying to invalidate anyone's lived experiences.

I have used a rotary phone but technically it belonged to my grandparents when I was a kid, though I didn't call anyone on it because the only friends I had at the time were characters on Rugrats. So you win Auden, I'm just a dang millennial :(

• Like 4

Personally, I'm glad to be a Millenial. If only because Generation Y was such a lazy distinction. I wanna be my own thing with my own title, not just "well, you guys came after this thing dismissive handwank motion."

• Like 7

speaking of feeling old, it's been 14 years since the show of my generation, I Love The 80's, debuted.

Oh god that means its been 14 years since the debut of my favorite show of all time, That 80's Show

• Like 9

Third Eye Blind's debut album was the first CD I ever bought with my own allowance money and I listened to it over and over that summer while playing Microsoft Golf 97 or whatever. So I appreciated Sean knowing a LOT of the words to "How's It Gonna Be"

• Like 11

The food reviews made no sense. Was hoping for more scores on the rock sticks bugs and dogs scale.

I was also pretty confused by their food scores. Where i come from (fly over country) if you like a big food then that's usually a dog, or a cool bug.

• Like 4

There's a lactation station in there (the white curtain is for privacy).

d2767e0cc4.jpg

Looks more like a chotch notch.

White curtain is to signify its legitimacy.

• Like 6

I'm gonna warn you now, if you start a post with 'wanna feel old?' I'm gonna stop reading right there. Because no, I dont. I wanna feel young forever. That's why I stopped working out, because nothing makes me feel older than being sore after going to the gym and listening to CCR or whatever these kids like to get rowdy to

#foreveryoung (# is a hip thing to put before a phrase that you type out on a computer)

I feel sorry for you because being old is #GREAT and don't let anyone else tell you any different.

YEAH my joints ache, my hairline is thinning, and I can't eat beef anymore but I watched Friends and ER on it's original run and I have fond memories of tracking and cassette tapes and I had a pet rock and no one can take that away especially not a young person because like everyone knows they are dumb and lazy and sure maybe they are doing okay in Survivor but in the game of life actually I am winning because I have lived through some pretty great and some pretty terrible times to know that THIS TOO SHALL PASS whereas young people tend to think their terrible reality is the rest of their lives I know that the universe tricks you by giving you small tastes of happiness to get through the bad times that inevitably always lead to more bad times but hey you gotta keep going because it gets a little bit less horrible before it gets horrible again.

• Like 7