🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 145.5 - Minisode 145.5

how dare you!!

go clean out your Memory Warehouse!! almost the perfect movie.

speaking of arnold, anyone else see Facing documentary about Arnold.Schwarzenegger.? it's really great. watch it if your a terminator fan.

I FORGOT ABOUT THE MEMORY WAREHOUSE!!!

• Like 1

Also my parents named me Isabella back in the early 90s so I was stuck with it long before Twilight.

Hindsight is 20/20 on the name thing.

What're you all going to be for the 31st of October?

I think a circus ringmaster, I used it 2 years ago but at a different party so none of the people I'm partying with will have seen it.

Well I am working from home today and Gamer is on IFC in 30 minutes so I might as well. They are currently playing Rock 'n' Rolla, so they must be doing some Gerard Butler theme, maybe GoE will be later on in the day,

Edit: It's apparently only movies with Gerard Butler and Ludacris

That sounds like the greatest movie marathon to me

Too soon?

kim-kardashian-robbery-costume-02.jpg

That's legit the worst. The description makes me feel very sad. This isn't what Halloween is about.

• Like 4

That costume is gross.

I forgot everything about VAMPIRE ACADEMY so this minisode felt like a foreign language to me.

All I really wanted to say was that I watched "Brooklyn 99" last night and it made me really mad that Rosa was crying on a park bench for Pimento when he's been here watching dumb movies the entire time!

• Like 3

I just finished watching Dreamcatcher again. The only interpretation of this movie that makes any sense is the Jacob's Ladder interpretation.

• Like 4

Thinking about Stephen King movies, they must be really exciting to work on. Maybe you make The Shining, maybe you make a Maximum Overdrive, or maybe you make a Dreamcatcher, but holy shit, you're going to make something memorable. Girl on a Train? Fuck that nonsense, this is alien butt monsters directed by the guy who wrote EMPIRE STRIKES BACK. Presumably, Kasdan was on less coke than Stephen King during Maximum Overdrive, so I bet that was nice.

• Like 4

Also, the most sincerely disgusting scene in this movie is when Jason Lee sticks his slobber-covered finger into the peanut butter over and over again, using it as a shovel to fill his gross mouth, as if it's a normal human thing to do.

• Like 3

Thinking about Stephen King movies, they must be really exciting to work on. Maybe you make The Shining, maybe you make a Maximum Overdrive, or maybe you make a Dreamcatcher, but holy shit, you're going to make something memorable. Girl on a Train? Fuck that nonsense, this is alien butt monsters directed by the guy who wrote EMPIRE STRIKES BACK. Presumably, Kasdan was on less coke than Stephen King during Maximum Overdrive, so I bet that was nice.

It's just wild, like these guys had to know how insane the movie was while they were making it, right? Or do you just read the script and go "Huh, Stephen King, whatever man"? I guess the basic aliens/monsters story isn't so out of the realm of the usual King/Koontz/Straub crazy genre stuff. In a lot of ways it's kind of a throwback, because King kind of abandoned supernatural and paranormal themes during the 90s, or at least wasn't leaning on them as heavily.

By the way, did everyone catch that leaked Dark Tower trailer?

• Like 1

Also, the most sincerely disgusting scene in this movie is when Jason Lee sticks his slobber-covered finger into the peanut butter over and over again, using it as a shovel to fill his gross mouth, as if it's a normal human thing to do.

Couldn't agree more!

giphy.gif

• Like 6

Didn't you make a gif where they hi-five and then it just cuts back to them looking into each others faces?

• Like 1

Children of the Corn is not a good movie, it's cheesy, overacted, heavy-handed crap

OK, maybe not a 'good movie,' but one I enjoy. Like Sleepaway Camp. When I first heard that episode I was kind of pissed at Jason for saying "This movie is terrible!" until I realized that everything they were saying was true.

• Like 2

Didn't you make a gif where they hi-five and then it just cuts back to them looking into each others faces?

I think that was Jarry Canada, although, I might be mistaken...

OK, maybe not a 'good movie,' but one I enjoy. Like Sleepaway Camp. When I first heard that episode I was kind of pissed at Jason for saying "This movie is terrible!" until I realized that everything they were saying was true.

That was pretty much my reaction to the Demolition Man episode.

• Like 3

I tried watching this movie twice before last night, when I finally forced it upon myself. I can't wait to find out where June stands on Duddits. Will she be offended or touched? Jason is SURE to flip his lid. If anyone on the panel enjoys this film, I may have a stroke.The only way this film and Donnie Wahlberg gets away (IF) with that character is by veiling it as an alien instead of a person with a mental disability.

HOW DARE they end the movie, fading to black AS the story is resolved. Actually, scratch that. Thank you, film makers, for getting it over with as soon as it was resolved. I may not have been able to take much more.

ALSO, how the hell to the laws of motion, gravity, or physics apply in a "mental warehouse"? Wouldn't you think that Mr. Gray would just be able to appear anywhere within that warehouse?

This movie is so obviously based on a book by Stephen King. The oddball language that the boys and the face below Morgan Freeman's eyebrows is so typical of the zaniness he applies to his characters. This would have been better served if it were reworked as a sequel to IT (the film/movie...Tim Curry as a clown).

Dreamcatcher related question for y'all: Does anyone know any guys in their (presumably) 30s that still call each other by their childhood nicknames on a regular basis?

• Like 3

(I will still defend Demolition Man in any conversation, about or not about Demolition Man, about or not about movies.)

It should go without saying that I am over-the-damn-moon that this is finally happen. I've been on about this movie for a while. Last night, I watched it for the first time since seeing it in the theaters, and I think it will at least become an annual tradition. I can't think of another movie that takes so many 90-degree turns, almost all of them supplied by the source material. Other than the ending, this movie was lifted almost right from the page. You know how Jason always talks about having to rewind a few minutes? That's what reading Dreamcatcher was like for me. I kept going five pages back, wondering what the hell I'd missed. Also, like everyone here, I kept marveling at how many things about the movie I'd forgotten, including the batshit ending.

Jason Lee with his finger in the peanut butter jar reminded me of Puck. 'Member Puck?

I had totally forgotten that Damien Lewis was in this movie. His beard makes his mouth look so proportional that my wife wouldn't believe me that it was him. I loved him in this, though! He went full-tilt, and I love it.

Stephen King can describe what a buttweasel fart smells like incredibly well.

Those of you who bought the DVD -- is there a commentary track? I would happily buy the DVD if it meant I could listen to Lawrence Kasdan explain himself.

• Like 3

Dreamcatcher related question for y'all: Does anyone know any guys in their (presumably) 30s that still call each other by their childhood nicknames on a regular basis?

I think most of my childhood friends grew up to be pieces of shit. Most recently ran into my first grade best friend, who in the course of the evening shoved some woman to the ground for dancing too close to him [or something]. So, no

• Like 3

I had totally forgotten that Damien Lewis was in this movie. His beard makes his mouth look so proportional that my wife wouldn't believe me that it was him. I loved him in this, though! He went full-tilt, and I love it.

You would think that he was just some guy doing a bad English accent and not from London. Why does the alien have a bad fake English accent anyway?

• Like 1

Book readers - could you please let me know how the ending of the movie is different from the book's?

• Like 2

Book readers - could you please let me know how the ending of the movie is different from the book's?

Honestly, it's been so long I can't remember. All I remember was thinking, "Surely the book will clear up some of these things that don't make sense..." Nope. It has to be one of the most faithful of all his adaptations--which is, so sad. Then again, he wrote it on tons of painkillers so maybe it made sense to him..?

• Like 3

Honestly, it's been so long I can't remember. All I remember was thinking, "Surely the book will clear up some of these things that don't make sense..." Nope. It has to be one of the most faithful of all his adaptations--which is, so sad. Then again, he wrote it on tons of painkillers so maybe it made sense to him..?

I had it all wrong then. I just assumed the original book ending was radically different (and hopefully better) than the movie ending because, lolwut that movie ending.

• Like 3