🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 53 — Lady Caddy

We begin the second year of Sklarbro Country with the most relevant and important topic concerning sports: Which players should and shouldn't be made into bobbleheads? It's an important issue and thankfully we have Paul Scheer on the show to help us figure it out. In addition to discussing Human Giant and The League, we get to the bottom of thephenomenonof homeless joke theft and Paul uses his knowledge of MTV to help us understand Jay Cutler and Kristin Cavallari's relationship. Also in the studio is Kevin Seccia who reads a passage from his hilarious new book Punching Tom Hanks. Music is courtesy of Langhorne Slim & The Law who not only play beautifully, but offer up their own opinions on Deputy Butterbean. San Francisco fans, don't forget to pick up tickets to see The Sklar Brothers this weekend at thePunch Line Comedy Club!

Awesome show as usual guys. I just wanted to share a funny story about the Orioles as I have been afflicted with being born just outside Baltimore and never leaving the metro area. Speaking on the Nolan Reimold/Ryan joke you guys did, when he first came up to the starting line in 2009 he looked pretty good. Not good enough for Rick Dempsey, who was doing the post-game wrap-up and managed to call Reimold by the greater name Ryan several times throughout the broadcast. And it wasn't as if he was getting it wrong consistently. He started the highlight reel of Reimold by correctly identifying him and then would substitute Ryan as though he was secretly watching Ryan highlights in his head. My personal opinion is that Dempsey stopped caring 2 clips in after realizing it was going to be another losing season and was using the "mixup" of last names as reason for him to be let go by the Orioles so he could pursue his life-long passion of crocheting over-sized baby jumpers for the obese children of the Baltimore suburbs. I smartly DVR'ed the flub, but due to an unhealthy obsession with the Flavor of Love, the clip has been lost. Keep up the good work.

Holy Damn! Haven't listened to it yet, but I'm so stoked for Langhorne Slim! A cougar once tried to seduce me with a free ticket to Langhorne Slim, she also claimed to have slept with one of the members of Yo La Tengo (?!). But alas, I had to take my brother to the airport. Damn brother.

Just Finished! (TWSS). Great Episode.

As a Bears Fan, I like to rationalize the situation by thinking that Culter just doesn't understand what the emotion sad looks like. His facial expressions have been molded by years of douche-baggery. I then imagine Lovie Smith assigning Culter to take acting lessons. In fact Lovie could use some help in the emotions department himself. Urlacher's been in a commercial, perhaps he can teach them.

Anyway, loved hearing from Paul, can't wait for the new season of the League.

Also, will there be a non-joke fantasy league for members of the sklarbro nation? I propose a funniest-team-name contest in order to get in. PLZ!

Sign in to follow this