🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 82 - Madison Square Garden: Live from The Detroit Improv Festival (w/ Zach Gowen, Nyima Funk, Marc Evan Jackson, Marc Warzecha)

Paul F. Tompkins welcomes all the citizens of the Motor City back to Spontaneanation, recorded in front of a LIVE audience at The Detroit Improv Festival! This week, Paul’s special guest is professional wrestler Zach Gowen! They chat about Zach having the sleeping schedule of his baby boy, befriending an older rich man who basically lived in the hotel where he worked the night shift, and whether any hotel guests tried to bribe him. Paul is then joined by Nyima Funk, Marc Evan Jackson, and Marc Warzecha to improvise a story set at Madison Square Garden. And as always, Eban (only the best) Schletter scores it all on piano!

See Spontaneanation LIVE at the Now Hear This Festival on October 30th & at Largo on November 5th! Get your tickets at paulftompkins.com/live!

• Like 1

IIIIIN-DO-CHI-NO!

I hope everyone caught Nyima's (unacknowledged) aside when Marc brought up Ron Jeremy.

• Like 2

More local Detroit geography references I don't understand! But hey, I laughed at "Tofino" (not a dessert) and "New Westminster" at the Vancouver Spont, I had my turn.

This episode was super fun. All the shape talk and Nyima's knowledge of the quadratic formula filled me with nerd glee!

Yes! I forgot to mention that, but my nerd alarms were going off at full blast when someone brought it up and no one mentioned Futurama.

"What is Love" is very much a Deee-Lite song which predates the Haddaway number that SNL made infamous. Very nice semi-slow groove, too.

"What is Love" is very much a Deee-Lite song which predates the Haddaway number that SNL made infamous. Very nice semi-slow groove, too.

True, but given that someone mentioned Night at the Roxbury (which would refer to the Haddaway track), and Nyima and Marc respectively quoted "succotash" and "supper dish" (which are from Groove is in the Heart"), I'm almost convinced it was a misattribution that just happened to also be correct.

Anyway, here's the Deee-Lite one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zD71055315c

Sign in to follow this