🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
agata

Episode 156 - Jensen Karp, Our Close Friend

Jensen Karp Owes Me 300 Calories-- cause I just burned em laughin at this frickin episode!

• Like 15

what's the over/under on how many times someone mentions kanye?

beeface, and fourthly congrats on 200 posts!

Beeface has made 200 posts, but do you think he's reached 200 posts read yet? Jk I kid, I kid

Seems a little derivative of the Adele song

Sean and Hayes invite JENSEN KARP, host of Get Up On This, to come on the show and all do their own Get Up On This after Sean and Hayes did it so well two weeks ago.

Great post, great ep

• Like 7

Lionel Richie has been ripping off Adele since the first time he ever saw her build a Brick House

• Like 7

Enjoyed the episode but i'm only posting to announce my new catchphrase.

Brexit baby!

• Like 14

Can someone tell me where I can get up on some Brett-fist burritos?

they MIGHT be serving them at the brett-fest . Location and time TBD.

• Like 7

doctors inundated with inquiries as listeners still up on this hours after ingesting.

Q144C-2T.jpg

• Like 11

big ups to saltnuts and sonny for my first likes. BWAAAAP BWAAAP

your generosity will not go unnoticed when i take this place back from the jocks for us nerds.

and yes. im doing this right.

• Like 9

I've known of, an dliked what I heard from, Karp for a bit but I've never listened to GUOT because I am not a "cool guy" and every thing it seems they'd tell the guest (and the audiance) to GUO I'd just have no interest. But having the gumption to pick up the phone and say "hey boys, I heard you on the show, you kinda hurt my feelings but a stranger's just a friend you haven't met" and hand in a very likable, funny guestspot on the show, I might have to check out a few eps. Someone once said on another fourm dedicated to HH that guests sometimes get locked into the straightman out of defensiveness, and that might have happened here, but still he held his own, nobody's going to be saying how quiet he got in a fortnight, or nothing.

Also, some good Brett work this ep, gonna say "you're starting to get good" (callback)

• Like 11

I enjoyed this ep a lot. Nice to see the boys get back to their old new way of not really having a format for the show. Brett and Jensen both did very well. My Mount Rap-More is Busta Rhymes, MCA from Beastie Boys, Sticky Fingaz from Onyx, and what's that rapping at my chamber door- Poe's The Raven with rhymes galore

• Like 8

I've known of, an dliked what I heard from, Karp for a bit but I've never listened to GUOT because I am not a "cool guy" and every thing it seems they'd tell the guest (and the audiance) to GUO I'd just have no interest. But having the gumption to pick up the phone and say "hey boys, I heard you on the show, you kinda hurt my feelings but a stranger's just a friend you haven't met" and hand in a very likable, funny guestspot on the show, I might have to check out a few eps. Someone once said on another fourm dedicated to HH that guests sometimes get locked into the straightman out of defensiveness, and that might have happened here, but still he held his own, nobody's going to be saying how quiet he got in a fortnight, or nothing.

Also, some good Brett work this ep, gonna say "you're starting to get good" (callback)

I initially listened to Jensen a number of years ago, and the first episode I heard was one where he told people to get up on a fella named Chief Keef. I remember the song was some shit that I don't like, but sure enough, within a week the dude blew up and I was hearing him all over my high school. After that I gave the show a chance for a couple of months, and a lot of the stuff was kind of interesting. I still like Kid's These Days and even that rapper he produces that sings about Batman, (don't recall her name right now Nova Rockafeller). I fell off for awhile until recently when I decided to go back and listen to eps with guests I liked, and it was 7/10 entertaining. The thing is, for no reason of his own, I seem to go between disliking and liking Jensen. He just seems to be self involved, which is understandable with all of the things he has himself constantly working on, yet self-aware at the same time. He is an enigma to me.

This all being said, mad respect for Jensen for reaching out to the boys and coming on the show. It was such a good ep, and him having fun with everyone was really really enjoyable.

edit: P.S. Hayes' getting everyone up on holding their shirt up at the urinal made me lose my shit.

• Like 11

More like Jensen Crap.

Because this episode made me laugh so much I crapped my pants!

• Like 11

Greg Escalante is a great guest!

I know very little about baseball, but is faking people out by pointing to the outfields and then bunting something people do in baseball?

• Like 10

Greg Escalante is a great guest!

Thankfully he didn't go into the Scientology stuff he is known for, because we all know how Sean feels about religion.

• Like 6

Thankfully he didn't go into the Scientology stuff he is known for, because we all know how Sean feels about religion.

Considering that Karp is a Scientology apostate, his views on Scientology at least probably closely aligned with Sean's. I miss his Sock Reports on Pistol Shrimps Radio but I'm glad that his painkiller addiction seems to be firmly behind him. The talk of getting Kevin medicated didn't trigger him at all. Although Karp did very quickly suggest Ativan. Hm.

• Like 7

i listened to this episode whilst walking the streets, earphones securely in my ear canals, clapping regularly and severely and saying "bravo, bravo" in response to the moments i enjoyed - which was all of it.

what more can I say? I was tempted to post my highlights, but there were too many.

one thing I am wondering though - do you think the boys are pissed at hannibal buress? pretty bold of him to come at hollywood handbook so directly with his own competing "hand" podcast

Hey guys I know we joke around a bunch on here, but seriously, congrats beeface. You deserve it. 200 posts is nothing to sneeze at.

thank you sweetie

Beeface has made 200 posts, but do you think he's reached 200 posts read yet? Jk I kid, I kid

wow, what a wild ride. i cried, then i laughed

I initially listened to Jensen a number of years ago, and the first episode I heard was one where he told people to get up on a fella named Chief Keef. I remember the song was some shit that I don't like

*concentrates extremely hard to understand the true meaning of this*

• Like 7

they MIGHT be serving them at the brett-fest . Location and time TBD.

Also, fair warning, they MIGHT be giants.

• Like 9

edit: P.S. Hayes' getting everyone up on holding their shirt up at the urinal made me lose my shit.

I was confused by this, as PS Hayes was the leader of the Fabulous Freebirds, a professional wrestling tag team.

• Like 5