🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 14 — Robots (good. one.)

We're talking about robots this week and you know what that means! We get a visit from everyone's favorite automaton character: Exhausted Fireman! Learn what the Professor Blastoff crew tried to invent when they were kids (or, in some cases, full-grown adults) and why the future of robotics is sex. Don't forget to pick up Tig's new album Good One, and follow us on Twitter for future live-tweetings.

Hey T&K&D,

Thanks again for another funny episode. I kept thinking about how C3PO and R2D2 were one of my first exposures to the world of robots, and it's interesting that they kind of represent the duality of robot experience-R2D2 was more machine and appliance-like, where C3PO was more humanoid, and they complemented one another in such a way as to bring out each other's human and robotic aspects, respectively, at least in George Lucas' mind, anyway. Finally, I couldn't let this topic pass without posting this stone-cold sillicon-chip classic:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYwV1TA7Et0

Thanks,

Jamey

Great episode guys, Exhausted Fireman is an instant classic. Everyone should get Good One, the Taylor Dayne bit is easily the funniest thing I've heard all year. And Tig's photo on the front makes me happy.
As for sex dolls, what about Realdolls? Those faces slip very far down the uncanny valley for me, but they do basically what David was talking about... make sex noises and all that hullabaloo.
Love the podcast though. Thanks guys! (Come to Chicago!)

maybe the best robot would be two robots combined one infinite and not really alive and the second finite (perhaps a copy of a human brain) and alive, able to be built up in cooperation with the non alive one. Same if i wanted to be a cyborg , i would copy my brain, let it spend a semester abroad build up to super daniel ,then come back (if it wants to) and live inside me. Protecting me advising me and laser eyesing me. During an emergency it could take over my body to get out of danger with precision.

Easily my favorite episode yet. The combination of the water jug, exhausted fireman, good one robot, and the classic "going to the mall is crazy!" bit made me laugh harder than ever. GOOD ONE, Team Blastoff, GOOD ONE.

You guys need to tone it down a bit. It is getting difficult to drive and listen to your podcast anymore. I can't see through the tears.

Sign in to follow this