🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Skeevins

Mom and Dad Save The World (1992)

This movie is absolute fucking bananas. The kind of crazy, over the top, fare that could have only existed in the early 90's. It's almost like a creepy, half-remembered L.S.D. trip from my childhood, but without the L.S.D.

• Like 2

How could I forget any of those things? Haha! I'm glad that I'm not the only one haunted by this film, it's like a childhood trauma. We should form a support group.

• Like 1

It's one of my favorite movies, I own the VHS and DVD. It's absolutely ridiculous, but I don't think it'd be right for this podcast.

• Like 2

It's one of my favorite movies, I own the VHS and DVD. It's absolutely ridiculous, but I don't think it'd be right for this podcast.

I also own this movie and throw in my vote as well

I understand, I found this movie entertaining as a child as well. But we have to ackowledge the sheer craziness of it as well. You don't have to hate something to analyze it's content. Which is why I think it would make for great material. But that's just one very unstable man's oppinion.

• Like 2

Damn, I forgot about this movie! I think it could actually work on the podcast, I have no idea how it got made. It's a super-enjoyable movie that is terrible on all measurable levels.

• Like 3

" It's a super-enjoyable movie that is terrible on all measurable levels."

Very good assessment Devin, this would make a fantastic episode. And, thank you for your support.

• Like 1

I just watched this again today and needed to bump this recommendation. it's so amazingly bad, the production design is like David Lynch's Dune meets Pluto Nash. Also, it takes place on a planet where tiny fish people fuck tiny dog people!! I love it!

• Like 3

I used to watch this movie all the time as a kid, seemed to always be on HBO. I am in a hotel tonight and surprise, surprise it's on HBO! Still as amazing as ever! Please review this!

Chriselgui it was on some channel at any given time and yet i can't remember it.

The trailer seems to remind me of Tim Burton meets PeeWees big adventure. but we all know it's nothing like.

2ecn9g7.jpg

Award winning director!

From the people who give you " License to Drive 1988"

Amazing.

He also did smallville maybe that was a cry for help. Somebody save me!

FYI, Tim Burton directed Pee-Wee's Big Adventure. In fact, it was his first feature film. You didn't know that?

I guess I should of known that, did know that but forgot it. too busy admiring Director Greg Beeman award.

Thanks..

it looks like it's being marketed to Tim Burton fans.

THIS MOVIE! The more I've been listening to HDTGM, the more I feel in my heart that they have to do this one.

• Like 3

This is a favourite movie of my childhood. My siblings and I used to quote it all the time. They have to do this!!!

I cant help but think that this movie is something theyre purposefully holding back for the right guest. As a fan of Discworld, I actually enjoyed this movie far more than it deserves to be enjoyed. When Eric Idle showed up I seriously thought that the movie might have been a loose adaptation of it. 

The world building in this movie is pretty amazing considering how fucking terrible a movie it is. The makeup and the prosthetic work on the fish and dog people is remarkably well done considering the age of the movie and what I would hope is a small budget. 

It's also I think worth mention that this movie also was the inspiration of one of my favorite Rick and Morty characters: Bird Person. 

• Like 1

BUMP this post up.  I NEED them to do this movie.  I want to hear Jason's reaction so badly.

• Like 1

One of those movies that played on HBO so often that I probably watched this movie well over a dozen times as a kid. When I first saw it, I was disappointed that the actor who was in Salute Your Shorts was barely in the movie as he was the most recognizable person in the movie for me at that time. 

Sign in to follow this