🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
paulscheer

Q&A w/ Paul Scheer Thread

Have you ever considered doing TV? Like you guys discussing the season premiere of Two and a Half Men. The possibilites are endless. CSI: Miami, The Real Housewives of [insert Large City], Hoarders.

TV - Not out of the Question. Entourage would be amazing. Maybe the Season Finale?

I counter your Battle LA w/ Skyline --- it's even lower on the Meta Critic Scale

Do you have any true 'guilty pleasure' movies? Not in the sense that they're awesomely bad but in the sense that you actually think they're legitimately good?

You seem to do a lot of newer movies, do you kind of give a pass to older movies because of the advancement in technology and budgets and such?

Paul, where did you guys find that amazon.com review of The Smurfs? I looked like crazy, i'm starting to think those were to ridiculous to be true.

Paul, I second robstraws: out of 17 episodes, only two episodes were of movies over 10 years old. Do you guys plan to devote more episodes to more "classic" bad movies, like Superman 4, Howard the Duck, or even (a boy can dream) Devil's Rain? If not, I'll settle with you guys roasting Freddy Got Fingered on a spit.

Paul, when are you guys going to do Dreamcatcher? I'm already going to mark it down as the best podcast you've done yet.

RE: AMAZON REVIEWS: The Smurfs reviews are real, i just dug through a bunch of them.

RE: DREAMCATCHER: Gotta research that.

RE: The Oldness factor is more about being relevant, I guess. It's not a conscious decision. I'm sure we'll dig into to older movies. We just are going after the ones that jump out at us and what people suggest.

GUILT PLEASURE: POINT BREAK, FROM PARIS w/ LOVE, FAST 5, CRANK 2....

Have you considered using Netflix reviews in addition to amazon one's. I'm in love with a number of them. There's actually a pretty sweet Leonard Maltin type game you can play. What is this movie?

We thought this movie stunk--PU!!! It was vulgar and stupid. I was surprised Tom Cruise hasn't bought it all off the market by now so no one else sees it. I'd be embarrassed!! It is not a thought provoker--just stupid!! We shut off after 15 minutes.

Magnolia!

what about this one? There's 4 so you can get a good feel for what the public thinks.

Tom Hanks is an Obama lover and supporter, they are ruining America with Obama's policies.....

This movie is NOT suitable for young kids. We quit watching a few minutes into the show.

A movie that had a few bright spots but was basically goofy and pointless. Hard to believe that this was considered academy award material ??

Lets see.......uncalled for f-bomb........... predicatable movie........what more can i say.......

Big

They're the best thing in the world and they're just out there and there's so many. It's like that guy that told me the second transformers movie was "EVEN BETTER THAN THE FIRST ONE!!!" started his own version of rotten tomatoes.

Also have you ever started on a movie and been disappointed that it's not amazingly bad enough or been surprised at the depth of madness in a movie. Like all the episodes have been pretty great but it seems like sometimes there's just magic like when Jason gets upset because nobody seemed to grasp what the hell was going on in suckerpunch or when Old Dogs actually exists.

Hey Paul, since I know you love bad movies and all I would highly highly recommend that you watch Christmas In Wonderland. Its a holiday movie that takes place in my hometown of Edmonton, Alberta in the worlds largest mall and features such talent as Patrick Swayze, Carmen Electra, Chris Kattan, Tim Curry and Preston Lacy (of Jackass fame). There are enough WTF moments to write a book about but a couple of my favourites are, 1. The fact that since they filmed it in the middle of summer there is no snow in the whole movie that's supposed to take place in a city that regularly gets down to -30C (-22F) in the winter and, 2. All of the CGI looks like it was put in as an after thought 10 minutes before the first screening. I don't think this movie would be good for the podcast sine I don't know if anyone has actually seen it but if you can find it somewhere please watch it. I am lucky enough to own a DVD copy of this cinematic masterpiece which I believe was only on sale at the mall customer service. If you do watch it I would love to hear your opinion. Keep up the good work.

Hey Paul, since I know you love bad movies and all I would highly highly recommend that you watch Christmas In Wonderland. Its a holiday movie that takes place in my hometown of Edmonton, Alberta in the worlds largest mall and features such talent as Patrick Swayze, Carmen Electra, Chris Kattan, Tim Curry and Preston Lacy (of Jackass fame). There are enough WTF moments to write a book about but a couple of my favourites are, 1. The fact that since they filmed it in the middle of summer there is no snow in the whole movie that's supposed to take place in a city that regularly gets down to -30C (-22F) in the winter and, 2. All of the CGI looks like it was put in as an after thought 10 minutes before the first screening. I don't think this movie would be good for the podcast sine I don't know if anyone has actually seen it but if you can find it somewhere please watch it. I am lucky enough to own a DVD copy of this cinematic masterpiece which I believe was only on sale at the mall customer service. If you do watch it I would love to hear your opinion. Keep up the good work.

Paul: Love the podcast, NTSF:SD:SUV and The League...Just curious, who does the AC/DC-type outro on NTSF:SD:SUV? I thought it might just be some studio band but am curious if it is a real band doing their own song...

I would love a horror/scary movie in honor of Halloween. One of my all time favorite horror/sci fi movies is Event Horizon directed by Paul W. S. Anderson and starring Sam Neill and Laurence Fishburne. I genuinly love this movie, freaks me out, but a lot of people think its lame. But I would be happy with just any scary/horror movie this month. Love the show, I wish it was as long as whatever movie you guys are covering, I feel like a lot of points are missed. But of course, thats a troll thing to say because I love the show. Thanks!

Gothika, Devil or The Happening would make good Halloween HDTGMs.

I love Sucker Punch with a passion, but I was still able to laugh and enjoy your podcast on the movie even if I think you guys are totally wrong about it. On that note, I was wondering if you could do a HDTGM on a movie that has its own cult following with people who seriously defend it, yet is a movie that doesn't seem that great and wasn't a box office smash. For example, Donnie Darko, The Village, 12 Monkeys, to name a few. Thanks. I really enjoy the podcasts.

Do you have any advice for a couple of 13-year-olds who really have no idea what they're doing but wanna start their own podcast? (also, is there any change you could appear on it now or in the future?) BTW you guys should have David Wain on the show, he's a funny dude.

You guys should do a poll on facebook with some of the movies you're considering watching and people can vote for what they want to see.

I concur with Evie. I liked it when you did the poll on Facebook, even if (as I recall) the one that got the most votes ended up being the nothing of a film that was "Jonah Hex." If you guys put up polls for, say, the Christmas episode (also, please tell me there will be a Christmas episode), I'd totally vote for it.

Do you or any of the others on HDTGM have any sites (IMDB for example) where you keep track of ratings of movies you've seen? I'd just be curious to see how you felt about various movies.

Lando - No we don't have an IMDB site where we keep track of our ratings.

sillstaw - After watching Jonah Hex we thought it was actually too much of a bummer to talk about. It felt like Last Airbender bad, where it's just bad and not really fun. Yes, we have a Christmas Episode planned.

Evie - We created a forum on Earwolf to read and that seems to work better.

Sacha - David Wain would be great. Advice for a 13yr old, I'd say just start recording and see what happens but don't do a straight interview show, their are too many of those already.

Kristin - Troll 5

Orlando - Psyched that you ave found things to love in Suckerpunch. The Village has a cult Following? Ha! That's definitely one of the ons on our list.

Lando - All on the list. But Leprechaun won out.

Jamie - Not a Troll thing at all. Think of our show as a best of and you watch the movie with your friends and their are still points to talk about.

Ghost of HST - the theme was composed by Jack Dolgen and the end credits change. So You'd have to give me a specific episode.

Do you guys enjoy any particular movie reviewers or movie review podcasts yourselves? Outside of Comedy Film Nerds, I mean.

Paul: Love the podcast, and I really enjoyed your appearance on Indoor Kids.

Have you guys ever thought about releasing a commentary track for one of your "favorite" movies, meant to be listened to while watching the movie?

• Like 2