🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
paulscheer

Q&A w/ Paul Scheer Thread

Paul- HDTGM is by my far my favorite podcast. Thanks for putting it out there! ! The descriptions of the show (and the theme song) describe a show that focuses on terrible movies. As a listener I know that is not always the case though. The "Crank" movies make the best example of this. "Crank" and "Crank: High Voltage" are outrageous and after watching them you can wonder "How did this get made?", but there is no doubt that both of these films came out exactly how the director/writer wanted them too........unlike say a "Catwoman".

Have you guys ever thought about making a differentiation beween truly bad films like the "Wicker Man" (ones that make Jason say "You guys I HATED THIS FUCKING MOVIE!!" w/in the first 5 min of the podcast) and one that are over the top and enjoyable?

Will you ever do a Blade 3 episode with Patton Oswalt, or a Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer episode with Brian Posehn?

• Like 1

Have you ever watched a movie for this feature and winded up actually liking it, or even loving it?

this is in regards to I Know Who Killed Me - you did see the killer in the closet in the alternate ending, right?

I wasn't sure because it wasn't mentioned in the end of the podcast. Not that it makes a tiny bit of difference as to the quality/legitimacy of the alternate ending.

If you could bang one, marry one, and kill one of these three movies, which would it be?

The Room, Gigli, and Birdemic: Shock and Terror

Hey Paul~

With you guys being fans of "The Cage" (Nic Cage for the rest of us) have you ever heard of screened.com? They are doing a feature called "Year Of The Cage" where they are talking about and reviewing each film of Nic Cage in chronological order each week for the whole year. (announcement here: http://www.screened.com/nicolas-cage/14-114/screened-presents-year-of-the-cage/107-18301/) Probably the easiest way to get to them all is to go to the Cage Forum and click each YOTC entry (http://www.screened.com/nicolas-cage/14-114/forums/) Every monday there is a new Cage feature. Each essay reviews not only the movie but his demeanor, hair quality, and a rankiing in the number of cages out of 10, and by cages they mean how "Nic Cage-y" the performance is. I'd figure movie fans and Cage fans like you guys are you might be interested/appreciate it. Love the Podcast and I look forward to each one!

Paul,

I love How Did This Get Made. I look forward to each episode (and minisode!) as it makes my workday that much better.

Who would win in a Mexican knife fight: Nic Cage as Behmen (Season of the Witch) vs. Nic Cage as Balthazar (The Sorcerer's Apprentice)?

Paul:

I was recently saw Salmon Fishing in Yemen (not by choice, mind you). It was the most boring, pointless, Ewan MacGreggor-penis-free waste of time ever, plus we were the youngest people in the theater by at least 20 years. Can you please recommend an awesome shitty movie to cleanse my palette of the bland nothingness I was forced to endure?

Paul, not sure if you are still keeping up with this thread but have you and the crew considered doing the rifftrax model? I love Mike and the bots but their brand of humor is a little dated, I'd much rather hear you guys rip apart a movie.

What's the downright WORST legitimate movie you have ever seen (aside from the home movies people send you)?

Hi Paul! I have a question/recommendation for your time in New Orleans. Did you know Nic Cage built himself a pyramid tomb here? It's completely ridiculous and worth a look - it's in St. Louis Cemetery #1 at Basin and St. Louis streets. Hope you're enjoying NOLA!

Paul:

When are you going to review Bride Wars or School for Scoundels?

Do you ever answer these questions?

Will you guys be doing a show at the SF Sketchfest this year? It would be great if you could get some of the other guys from The League to do a HDTGM episode about a sports movie...maybe "The Fan"

Paul,

or anyone I guess.

In an episode you mentioned a radio show called "The Business". I started listening and it's pretty great. Any other shows you recommend for people interested in the business of movies.

Thanks!

Hi Paul-

I remember you saying something about a NY live show (that was quickly retracted) - does that brief mention mean that you and the gang will be doing live shows all across these fair United States? I know as big ol' Hollywood people, the scheduling must be (in Jason's words) bonkers, but I'd be super excited if you guys came to Chicago. I know the coasts get a lot of love from other live podcast shows, so don't forget about us Midwesterners! We're all really polite! And Chicago has deep dish pizza and Ann Sathers cinnamon buns (and a bunch of other cool stuff - You, Jason, and June could go to The Art Institute and do your own "Ferris Beuller's Day Off" museum montage).

Paul, can you confirm or deny my theory that Jason has ordered what sounds like room service in Episode 12: The Love Guru. A knock can be heard around the 21:54 mark and then at about 22:32 is when you can hear what sounds like a dish cover being removed. If so, swanky, if not, what the hell was going on?

Hi Paul,

I have no idea where to put this, but I absolutely loved the stamps.com and other podcasting references in the latest NTSF:SD:SUV::

• Like 1

Paul: was the "seeing the past through the eyes of a dead man's disembodied head" in last week's NTSF:SUV:SD:: a hat tip to WWW or just strange coincidance??

Paul-

What the hell? Are you on Electric City? Why have you not pimped that on your show?...or am I late to this?

Thanks,

Not Jeff Goldblum

Hey Paul,

Love the show! Have you guys thought about making video versions of your show or at least the live ones and make them like a paid episode for the video part? Rights wise you probably couldn't put the clips but you could have reaction shots to the clips.

Thanks,

Clint

• Like 1