🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 83 - Under A Big Rain Storm w/ The JayVees (Little Janet Varney, Jean Villepique)

Paul F. Tompkins does NOT exclude entrance to anyone in the world to this week’s episode of Spontaneanation! This week, Paul’s special guests AND improvisers are SPONT regulars Little Janet Varney & Jean Villepique, aka The Jayvees! They chat about what fulfills them, the physical side effects of playing the trumpet, and homemade productions of "Grease." They then improvise a story set Under A Big Rain Storm. And as always, Eban (only the best) Schletter scores it all on piano!

See Spontaneanation LIVE at the Now Hear This Festival on October 30th & at Largo on November 5th! Get your tickets at paulftompkins.com/live!

I now have a slightly different version of this song stuck in my head:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RALLQCB8aMY

"One to the two to the two to the three, my name is Paul F. T., down with the J.V.s"

I haven't actually finished listening to the episode yet, but I just wanted to plant that in at least one other person's head.

It's a real one off and unlikely to be as applicable as Paul's triggers of "Square Pegs", and "Girls on Film".

• Like 1

I enjoyed this episode very much, it felt special with just the two guests. I had a very strong reaction to PFT finally revealing the previous guest, and also saying "fun and whimsy."

Might be my favourite improv ever, so crazy with those murder robots!

• Like 3

Well, I loved everything about this.

Ever since Cackowski sat in the interview chair a few weeks ago I was hoping other Spont All-Stars would get their turn, but I never imagined two of the greatest would get their turn so quickly. The JVs will never stop being amazing.

Fantastic Eban moments this week: shifting from Grease songs to "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang" when the end of Grease was being discussed, and mashing up Winnie the Pooh's "The Rain Rain Rain Came Down Down Down" with Bambi's "Little April Showers".

• Like 1

So good.

As much as I love Frankie Valli et al, I'm a big fan of Paul's recent habit of opening ads by singing the product name to the tune of a popular song, and then simply moving on.

Paul said the previous episode's guest was Zach Gowen, but I don't know to where I should be directed to listen to said episode! There could be HOURS of listening pleasure awaiting me there!

• Like 1

This has to be one of my favorite episodes and I'm barely into the improv. I get excited every time I see Jean in an episode, she's consistently funny and one of my favorites. Janet's laugh alone makes me laugh, but she's also a brilliant improviser.

Well, I loved everything about this.

Ever since Cackowski sat in the interview chair a few weeks ago I was hoping other Spont All-Stars would get their turn, but I never imagined two of the greatest would get their turn so quickly. The JVs will never stop being amazing.

Fantastic Eban moments this week: shifting from Grease songs to "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang" when the end of Grease was being discussed, and mashing up Winnie the Pooh's "The Rain Rain Rain Came Down Down Down" with Bambi's "Little April Showers".

I believe I also heard the kit kat theme AND the opening flourishes of the Star Spangled Banner under the intro. I love this game

I had a very strong reaction to PFT finally revealing the previous guest

I. Was. SHOCKED! And even moreso when the JayVees didn't respond appropriately.

Sign in to follow this