🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
paulscheer

SEGMENTS

We are always looking for new ways to improve the show. If you have any ideas on a segment you'd like to hear or have us discuss something, let us know.

Maybe do a Kevin Bacon segment where the guest as well as you guys need to pick a person in the cast. The person who can connect to Bacon in the fewest moves gets drinks from the others.

Another idea is a contest for WORST MOVIE LINE EVER and have us (listeners) submit horrible movie lines then make Jason and JDR guess the movie it's from. If we stump the panel we get sent a free H.D.T.G.M or Human Giant or Earwolf shirt.

I think that for suggesting these I should get a shirt and PAUL SNEERS should FINALLY ADD ME ON FACEBOOK!

Final idea:

Maybe select an actor and give them the Nick Cage WhyTF did you pick this part award. Take Jeff Bridges: The Big Lebowski, True Grit and WTF... The Open Road with Justin Timberlake?! WHY JEFF??? WHY???

--Skippy--

-pitch the movie.
-pitch a reasonable movie and let the others play executives who morph it to a concussed fever trip
-read a ridiculous interview with the mind behind it
-give merch from the movie to the guest
-foam corner

I thought it would be funny to have a segment where Jason has to pick out 3 good things about the movie and be nice. You could also do a segment over which actors could have been cast to make the movie better or tolerable. Your WTF segment needs to stay though because that's priceless.

• Like 1

How 'bout a segment where you all rapid fire share some thoughts you had during the movie. Just random thoughts. You don't have to go into specifics and elaborate.

Example:
Paul: "How did that baby get a drivers license?"
Jason: "Really? Bears are bulletproof now?!"
June: "I don't need to see this many cloacas in a Disney movie."
Brody Stevens: "This scene reminds me of the time I was an actor in the motion picture movie "The Hangover," which reminds me of the time I was in "The Hangover 2." A movie so nice they had to make it twice. 2 movies, 2 Hangovers, 2 Brody Stevens. Everyone gets their money's worth. Deal with it and love it!"

• Like 1

@foam corner I like that , it seems they have many single sentence thoughts that are never expanded. but their unplanned, maybe they can edit the podcast to both bring the single thoughts together for a segment and make the rest of the podcast flow better

While I look forward to this show every week and love the conversational aspect of it, I've always thought it could use a little structure rather than just jumping around to different parts of the movie. How 'bout like a beginning segment where you just talk about the premise. And then have like an Act I where the first half is discussed, and Act II for the second half (maybe even an intermission segment?) and then the listener comment segment. I realize this would require more prep to do, but just some ideas.

are the guests around for the reading of the fan submissions? i never hear anyone talking.

I think, in keeping with the title of the podcast, you should act out the unlikely scenario that led to the creation of the movie.

For example, Jason Statham being a time traveller whose mission it is to set back the feminist movement before it can take over the future; and to meet this end, he filmed the "Crank" movies.

In the vein of the new Second Opinions amazon reviews (which need to keep happening) I'd love to hear some excerpts from positive reviews found on RottenTomatoes.

• Like 1

I like the concept behind this podcast, but i feel like it needs more structure - right now, it's kind've all over the place with everybody randomly pointing out different favorite bad moments/ elements and often circling back to the best (worst) of the best.

> How about breaking the movie down and commenting on each major category: script, acting, cinematography, wardrobe/ make-up, production design, etc. Then generate an aggregate score.

Other ideas:
> Have the Hosts/ Guest(s) write/ improv and perform a 'Deleted Scene' - something involving the main characters that 'got cut' and didn't appear in the movie...
> Perhaps this could be a recurring bit each week where the main characters of the movie in question are improv'd appearing in the same ridiculous (non-movie related) situation. For example, Nick Cage's character from 'Season of the Witch' buying carpet.

> Pitch the movie - re-imagine the pitch meeting for this film
> Summarize the movie plot...maybe see who can do it in the fewest words/ funniest.

> More real audio clips from the movie!
> Try to get an interview with someone involved in the movie being discussed - let's hear some stories from the set.

Big fan of yours, Scheer...bring the funny!

It might be neat to do a comparison segment, just basically saying whether you thought this weeks movie was better or worse than last week's. I enjoy random comparisons and it'd be neat to hear whether 'Sucker Punch' or 'All About Steve' sucked more. Or you could do like ^ that guy wants and just do awkward sketches the whole time. If there's one thing I hate about podcasts it's people acting naturally and being organically funny.

It might be neat to do a comparison segment, just basically saying whether you thought this weeks movie was better or worse than last week's. I enjoy random comparisons and it'd be neat to hear whether 'Sucker Punch' or 'All About Steve' sucked more. Or you could do like ^ that guy wants and just do awkward sketches the whole time. If there's one thing I hate about podcasts it's people acting naturally and being organically funny.

"How Did This Get Made WITHOUT ME?"

You guys talk about a specific character, and see how you would've spun some of the most "powerful" scenes if you'd been playing it instead. For example, The Smurfs movie had a scene with Neil Patrick Harris delivering a speech about family. But how would that speech have gone if Paul, June, Jason or Mr F. Tompkins had been playing it?

"How Did This Get Made WITHOUT ME?"

You guys talk about a specific character, and see how you would've spun some of the most "powerful" scenes if you'd been playing it instead. For example, The Smurfs movie had a scene with Neil Patrick Harris delivering a speech about family. But how would that speech have gone if Paul, June, Jason or Mr F. Tompkins had been playing it?

[How would this be made again] - A segment where you guys and gal think up what would the sequel to this movie be like.

[How would this be made again] - A segment where you guys and gal think up what would the sequel to this movie be like.

How about 'I Feel Sorry For..."
Of these films there's usually a good actor or actress that's cast in these films that you go 'the hell is this respected actor/actress doing in this film?'; example: Mark Wahlburg in 'We Own the Night'. The man's an Academy nominated actor and he's in a piece of shit film such as that. Or a good comedic role wasted in a film.

Something of that nature.

How about 'I Feel Sorry For..."
Of these films there's usually a good actor or actress that's cast in these films that you go 'the hell is this respected actor/actress doing in this film?'; example: Mark Wahlburg in 'We Own the Night'. The man's an Academy nominated actor and he's in a piece of shit film such as that. Or a good comedic role wasted in a film.

Something of that nature.

You could talk to the movie creator's ex-lovers, or parents, assuming they are not the one and the same.

How about talking to a psychologist who could interpret the meanings behind the movie.

Sign in to follow this