🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
paulscheer

SEGMENTS

Can you talk to real people who actually bought tickets to see the movie, and ask them about the movie posters, the trailers, and the people they knew who suggested they see it. Possibly ask them about what they were wearing that night so that people know how to prevent themselves from being targeted by a movie like this in the future.

can you talk to a proctologist, or an EMT and ask them if they have ever seen anything like this?

could you talk to the ladies from Two Girls, One Cup and ask them how they feel about the movie?

A fun game would be to guess at what point in their life that everyone who is responsible for making the movie gave up and decided that God is dead.

Another great game would be to consider how amoral writers and directors with no sense of good and bad, would create PSA's and training videos.

Have Jason Mantzoukas have a segment called 'Should of been stabbed in the first five minutes' pick an actor in the movie and then have him hilariously explain why they should of been stabbed.

I love this pod, but had not seen any of the movies except Mac and Me (a childhood fav I refuse to change my opinion of), and don't have time to watch the movies myself. It is still really hilarious and enjoyable to hear you talk about them, but would love a quick plot synopsis or discussion in order of plot instead of everyone just throwing out any and all thoughts. LOVE hearing the positive reviews. Please keep doing that.

You could always add a little improv. Pick the most ridiculous scene in a movie, and act out the behind the scenes footage. Acting out *ahem* HOW IT GOT MADE (natch). Have one person be the director, the others can be actors, writers, etc.

Since Jason Mantzoukas is always making funny comments about how aroused he was during inappropriate moments in these horrible movies, have him have a segment in one of the podcasts where he goes down the top three sexiest moments of the movie that nobody else in the world would find sexy. This would work hilariously with movies intended for children (like The Smurfs) or boring movies (Like The Happening) or even just graphically violent movies.

How could you save this movie in post? If you were the producer and this film was in the can, what would you have to do in post to salvage it? No easy outs like "set it on fire". What script doctoring would you do? What scenes would you have to re-shoot? Who would you have to re-cast, and with who?

There's a bunch of garbage TV shows on Hulu like "Genuine Ken: The Search for America's Best Boyfriend" and some bollywood idol show where half the dudes on it are middle aged IT engineers. There's a show called "In the VIP" which is supposedly a professional league for pickup artists, set in Canada... one of the judges is billed as an "all-star sports inspired master of seduction." God, I wish I fucking made that up.

Anyhoo, I don't know if it would be a good segment or maybe something that could be incorporated there, but there's a lot of terrible stuff in the world that's not restricted to movies. In fact, there's a lot of shit out there in all forms of media when you think about it, so maybe a bit that's inclusive of other stuff. Korn has a dubstep album for instance...

Either way, it could be something cool to tack into a minisode, a two minute review of something that's really bad in the bridge between intro and setting up the next episode. The minisodes have been getting longer every week anyway so I think it'd be good to set up an extra bit of content in there.

Probably has already been suggested, but it's always hilarious when the gang reenacts a scene from the movie they're talking about. So I think it should become a regular feature. Pick the worst section of dialogue in the movie and reenact it.

• Like 1

Not sure if this has been suggested, but there could be some visually creative folk who indulge themselves on your podcast. Why not have a forum contest that lasts from the minisode announcing the upcoming film to the release of the episode? The contest (not limited to merely a photoshop or sketch drawing) depicts the artist's interpretation of the film's focus or high point. For example, for Spider-Man 3 one could photoshop a movie poster highlighting a jazzed-up Peter Parker sauteing down the street or a painting of the pie Osborn found such delight in. Particularly outstanding pieces could be mentioned in the HDTGM episode and posted under that episode's photos section on Earwolf.

If that doesn't work, how about a segment called, "Hide Grandma" when a movie takes a left turn into sexual territory to make up for how boring the plot or characters are. The crew already typically does this, but the name makes me laugh.

There should always be a Jason "dumb-dumb" moment. For example in drive angry "look dumb-dumb if your wearing a necklace and you get stabbed maybe find a new necklace" whenever he has one of these it is always hilarious and usually leads to a patented mantzoukas freak out!

Hey Paul

I think a cool and quick segment would be for you guys to re-write the tagline of the movie after you watch it.

How about a segment called What's Their Story?

Usually in a bad movie there is a minor character that only has a line or two but still ends up being one of the most interesting people in the movie. I think it would be a cool idea if you each picked an under-developed character and gave them a funny back-story.

You can usually tell if a movie is going to be HDTGM material just by watching the trailer...or can you? how about a segment where you take a trailer for a soon-to-be-released movie and make predictions about how awful it is going to be, how well or poorly it will do in theaters, what you think will happen in the movie, etc. Then, after seeing the movie, revisit it on a later episode and see how accurate your predictions were.

Just listened to The Tourist episode, and it occurs to me that I LOVE IT when you guys act out scenes from the movie that you found rediculous. I don't know if it would make a reliable segment, but I would certianly love it if you did it more often. Great work!

Sign in to follow this