🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Dan_Peck

The Quest (1996)

Jean-Claude Van Damme DIRECTS (!) a movie where, 12 minutes in, he fights police officers on a crowded street while painted as a mime and wearing stilts.

Do I have your attention now?

Jason would call this movie "next-level bananas". It's on Netflix Instant but apparently its going away on August 6 so move quickly!

• Like 1

From director, Jean-Claude Van Damme.

Van Damme stars as a clown pickpocket living in 1920s NYC, caring for a group of orphans. Chased by the cops, he stows away on a ship, is discovered by pirate Roger Moore, sold into slavery, trained in martical arts, and then competes in a giant tournament.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-8WuCEYL74

This week I watched this movie and was floored by how bad it is. Christopher Dubois is as American as apple pie and only wants to help the poor starving children of new york. so he does what anyone would do, if faced by this problem. You steal from some high level gangsters, by dressing up incognito as a street entertainer with white clown makeup on your face and run around on stilts. no one would notice you and then when the local stereo type Irish cops come looking for you. you hit the first boat to south east Asia. that's just the beginning of it all of this mess of a movie.

This movie is soo poorly done. I guess Jean van Damme had done so many action movies that he got it in his head that anyone could direct a movie so why not him. Wrong...

2m6se4z.jpg

How about the fact that it was co-written by Frank Dux; the guy that JCVD portrayed in Bloodsport.

• Like 1

If you watch the trailer for this movie, you'll see a book named the quest. Remember that, because there is a reward for making it to the end of this movie. Ohh you'll roll your eyes when you see it. because it builds up to it.

The guy's got a book named after the movie and he named it " the quest" just in cause he's loses his life story..

loved it when i saw it as a boy... but when i saw it years later... the first part looks like a bad addaptation of newsies, and the rest is just full of bad steriotypes of countries, not to mention the crappy makeup of van damme to make him look "old", or the impossible theory that a hot air balloon meant to hold two people can lift and carry a four ton statue of a dragon!

good recomendation

That was supposed to be a Nazi Zeppelin Balloon. but it looked more like a weather balloon if anything else.

I remember how bad this movie is!! This is Van damme trying to get back to his early 90s box office draw status. This was his last movie before he was exiled to direct-to-video/movies directed by Koreans-land.

I remember how bad this movie is!! This is Van damme trying to get back to his early 90s box office draw status. This was his last movie before he was exiled to direct-to-video/movies directed by Koreans-land.

Oh, he still had a few more in the tank before disappearing from theaters, including "Double Team" with Dennis Rodman (IT'S A SPORTS TERM! GET IT?!?!?!?), "Knock Off", co-starring Rob "Pasta Robot" Schneider, and "Universal Soldier: Holy Shit, Wait 10 Years and Watch Those New Ones Instead". Yeah, he didn't go away until about the turn of the century.

How about the fact that it was co-written by Frank Dux; the guy that JCVD portrayed in Bloodsport.

You mean the guy that has been proven to be a fraud who never fought in the Kumite as the address where it took place was his home address? That Frank Dux? Okay this movie is TOTALLY legit now.

Isn't this the one where JCVD is a clown on stilts leading a gang of orphans in the beginning of the movie? Stilts rule!

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this