🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 35 — Let\'s Get Outta Here

I second Foam Corner's resilient, pointed defense of the Bonus Chart theme. And not only was Howard correct, but it sounded pretty good to me as well, so good work, indeed, Dustin.

Howard was right on the point of contention, indeed. He's just wrong about jazz.

Is Kulap really pregnant, or was that a riff? Either way, awesome episode! I could listen to Scott and Howard riff on Cowboys and Aliens all day.

I have listened to this episode 4 times since 6 A.M. That is a good thing! The most I have listened to one show in one day ever in 29 years. Great job guys!

I like how the #5 said his name, but I'm a little upset that he didn't say the year and yell "Death to all Infidels!" at the end.

Sounded awesome to me Dustin. If every episode you produce is this good, then...you'd be super good, or something.

I just wanted to say in reference to Alamo drafthouse saying they will kick people out if there's a loud table, in those commercials they say all you have to do is write on a note and put it up to let your waiter know. You don't have to get up, the drafthouse will do it you just have to let them know, they aren't psychics.
I don't mean to be rude but I love the drafthouse and no one talks shit about them!

• Like 1

I was disappointed to learn that Scottabot is a Jason Derulo apologist. I'm a huge dance music fan, and that song is kind of everything that's wrong with popular dance music today. He didn't "sample" Robin S.'s "Show Me Love" so much as he lifted the beat wholesale, added absolutely nothing to it, and called it his own. Usually when you take that much of a song, you call it a remix and give the original artist credit although even remixes add something to the song instead of simply looping the original beat, look at the Safari mix on the Ministry of Sound 2009 for instance.

But that wasn't enough, he had to steal the melody to "Day-O" as well. So, the beat, the melody, and the chorus, were all stolen from other, superior artists. So what exactly did Derulo contribute to his own song? Because it doesn't seem like much. He's like a less-talented Girl Talk who charges for his music and tries to hide the fact that he doesn't actually create it (his other huge hit, "Whatcha Say", is another egregious example of this). I really hope he gets sued one of these days. Howard is right, dance music fans should be more discerning than just liking anything with a 4x4 beat.

Luckily, I like the comedians I like based on their sense of humor, not their taste in music, otherwise I would probably hate almost all of them, and so I loved this episode, but I had to get that off my chest.

Wow, "The Beatles Want To Hold Your Hand" needs to be recorded with a band. I had to stop the podcast to collect myself ^_^

I loved this episode of 'WC'. Sott Hack-or-Man is awesome. Please move CHART-CHATTER to the end of the show. It slows down the start of each episode (and Howard sounds dis-interested). Have a summa!

This episode was so fun and funny I never wanted it to end. I wanted to listen to these three absolute delights of human beings cutting up and having a gas until the end of time, if not longer.
Random highlights -
Wewe: "... and you exchanged ..."
Scott: "Fliuds ... there was blood and piss and semen."
Wewe: "Are you one of the Kulap birthers Scott?"
Scott: "I like a nice bare leg, you know what I mean? I like a nice bare leg where you can really imagine just sinking your teeth in, do you know what I'm saying?"
Kuku: "Do me a favor ... open your legs so I have easy access to kick your dick in."
Wewe: "People are like smurfs, they come in all different colors ... Scott Aukerman ..."
Scott: "Smurfs are pretty much only blue ..."
Wewe: "That is Gargamel who made you say that, the evil wizard."

fuck, when Howard was talking about eating women at Hooters I lost it.

that 2 on 1 was tense.

• Like 1

Scott Aukerman is so good with numbers. I've noticed it a couple of times on CBB, and now on this episode. When he was pretending to be Al Pacino in 1955, not only did he remember that The Godfather came out in 1972, but he quickly did the math and determined that it's 17 years between 1955 and 1972. What is he, some sort of Human Hot Sauce Calculator?!

• Like 1

@Julia - Oh yeah, you're right. I guess that shows how cack my forum browing skills are that I've been visiting here for two or three weeks now and never stumbled across that thread.

This episode was great. Scott Aukerman was a way better guest than Bob Odenkirk, and his chemistry with Kulap was hilarious. I enjoy the chart chatter feature, but I note that there is no theme song. Encased in this post is the song that I produced for Chart Chatter.
Lyrics: Who charted/ Chart chatter/ What is goin' on in the world of Who Charted?/Yeah, what is goin' on in the world of Who Charted?/
"Hey, did you realize that that ryhmes with who farted? Ha ha ha ha!"/Who charted/Chart chatter

Strange all the love this one is getting. I had to turn it off. Scott Aukerman is seriously annoying and has terrible taste in everything. I thought him liking Prince was gay but then all this dance music and terrible jokes. He's like a giggling, prancing, fairy. Not funny.

Sorry you had to sit thru that WeeWee

I saw Drive over the weekend, and each time Ryan Gosling said "get outta here" - which he said quite a few times - I laughed thanks to this episode.

My Howl.fm subscription lapsed for two weeks after my free trial was over. During that time, i realized I didn't have any WC eps downloaded. I'd previously been trying to listed from the beginning (it's my thing for earwolf stuff. Once I listen to a few with my fav guests and get hooked, I listen from the beginning. I know, innovative and original and totally important).

I bought the year subscription and this is my first legitimate paid for podcast episode. Having these three in studio is a gift to all humans with the ability to hear.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this