🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
temjeito

The Happening - (it's never happening, but talk about it if you want)

This movie pulls off a remarkable feat: it is just bad enough in EVERY respect to lack any merit, but not quite bad enough in ANY respect to be funny or otherwise enjoyable. On the plus side, after watching the movie you understand why that woman at the beginning stabbed herself in the eyes (HINT: she didn't want to watch the rest of the movie)

• Like 7

• Like 3

I agree with this suggestion too. Classic terrible F'ing movie. It would also be a ton of fun to watch again knowing HDTGM would be ripping it apart and Jason would be beyond pissed.....literally beyond pissed.

• Like 1

I don't know what you guys are talking about! This movie brought to light the dangers posed by conniving trees and/or wind that is trying to DESTROY us.
Forget about Arbor Day, we need to have Slaughter Day, where we chop down as many of those wooden bastards as we can.
It's HUMANS vs. TREES, people!

• Like 1

The Wahlberg clips on youtube make me think its worth it for the incredibly deadpan delivery of Wahlberg...Is it only these few scenes or is it chock-full of this good badness?

This movie is so horrendous that it is amazing that it was released at all. The plot must be the result of M Night suffering from an aneurysm, and it follows that great tradition of actors punting their good grace earned from an Oscar straight out the window (in this case Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch, but also see Halle Berry with Catwoman and Swordfish after she got hers, or Charlize Theron with Aeon Flux).

My favorite part is when the wind is chasing them through a field and Marky Mark (and the etc.) pauses to ask everyone to let... him... think...

What really shocks me is that nature has revolted but somehow it began in the cities. Where there is less nature. And then.... our plucky heroes make a run for the countryside! "NO! RUN _INTO_ THE HOUSE!!"

M Night started good, went boring, got bad, and ended up absolutely abysmal. It's hard to imagine how things slipped so much, but like Green Day and Metallica, he started down a shitty career path that he will never return from. Let's hope Hollywood stops funding his celluloid criminal activities.

yup. agreed. there were some cool scenes like all the dead mexicans gardeners hanging from trees, and all the mexican construction workers jumping off that building. well i cant remember if they were all mexicans but I really dont want to watch it again to find out. crap movie for sure.

This movie is so horrendous that it is amazing that it was released at all. The plot must be the result of M Night suffering from an aneurysm, and it follows that great tradition of actors punting their good grace earned from an Oscar straight out the window (in this case Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch, but also see Halle Berry with Catwoman and Swordfish after she got hers, or Charlize Theron with Aeon Flux).

My favorite part is when the wind is chasing them through a field and Marky Mark (and the etc.) pauses to ask everyone to let... him... think...

What really shocks me is that nature has revolted but somehow it began in the cities. Where there is less nature. And then.... our plucky heroes make a run for the countryside! "NO! RUN _INTO_ THE HOUSE!!"

M Night started good, went boring, got bad, and ended up absolutely abysmal. It's hard to imagine how things slipped so much, but like Green Day and Metallica, he started down a shitty career path that he will never return from. Let's hope Hollywood stops funding his celluloid criminal activities.

This could be a two-part episode. 30 minutes wouldn't be enough for this shit storm.

Thank you to Julia for posting that video of Mark talking to the tree. I rushed out with my friends to see this movie when it came out and it was at that moment that a guy in front of just screamed out, "Jesus!". I really hope they do this film. Don't forget the math riddles in the middle of it! I truly hope my last words on this earth are a math riddle.

Thank you to Julia for posting that video of Mark talking to the tree. I rushed out with my friends to see this movie when it came out and it was at that moment that a guy in front of just screamed out, "Jesus!". I really hope they do this film. Don't forget the math riddles in the middle of it! I truly hope my last words on this earth are a math riddle.

As Sarah Schneider says, "What's the mad haps my mad happer?"

Seriously though, this movie is almost too obvious, but I'm sure it would be a full out, balls-to-the-wall crazy episode.

The Happening? I know it's not M.Night's worst film (Airbender) but this unintentional 'comedy' will make a great episode with bad acting, dialogue & direction what more could you want?
When in Rome? Seriously how did someone convince a reasonably talented bunch of people to star in this drivel? Incriminating photos? Tax write-off? There's got to be a reason!
Expendables? Don't even try to defend this! Yes it's big dumb fun (so are the Crank films) but expendables still has terrible acting/dialogue, plus enough cliches to fill a football field, and while everyone celebrates this movie for returning to the 80's style action films... haven't we moved on just a bit?

I could get behind When in Rome, I get that the plot is fantasy, but some of it was just nonsensical.

I have not watched it yet, but everything I've heard is it's a completely HDTGM-worthy movie. While it's free to some would be a good time to do an episode on it.

Totally agree, this movie is Whalberg at his worst/best and its a low point on Shamalans steady decline in visual masterbation. Plus, even worse than Green Lanterns villain. The villain in this one is trees, or wind... fuck I dont remember. Its great to offer movies that are easily viewed by the audience too, though that should never dictate the choice.

Classic movie with Mark Wahlberg,

Anybody whose seen it would understand why it needs to be done :)

Some of the weirdest lines (

) around backed up by some of the most mediocre performances.

(

)