🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
temjeito

The Happening - (it's never happening, but talk about it if you want)

how did this episode not get made!

Introducing "How Did This Not Get Made?" A new podcast that asks the question, how did the How Did This Get Made team not get this made yet?

Introducing "How Did This Not Get Made?" A new podcast that asks the question, how did the How Did This Get Made team not get this made yet?

Im on board. We cant let them pass this one up!

Oh oh.

In fact, I loved the original story concept (where people in deep love could resist the plant toxins) and what's more I love the cast and the look and feel of the movie. I also loved some individual scenes.

Liked where it was going.

Have no idea WTF happened but heard that M.Night was taking too long and was basically told to finish it ASAP and that he better show some big cash box-office.

So, he pretty much stopped making the movie (creatively, working on it, etc) and just threw it together with as many outrageous shock and gore moments as possible.

whatever made an awesome trailer.

But the frustrating thing is that this had everything I needed to be one of my all-time favourite M.Night movies and... oh nooo... it fell apart on the rails!

Yea this movie is certified bonkers. Like how 1/4th into the movie some old dude is like "What if...it's the plants trying to kill us?" and then...it is! Literally a pre-emptive anti-twist, good job M. Night.

• Like 1

I agree wholeheartedly about this movie! Anything that continues my campaign against trees!

I know what you're going to say: "But trees produce oxygen!" To which I respond, I've seen people with tanks of oxygen. So who needs trees when we can just get tanks? Screw you, trees!

• Like 2

I agree wholeheartedly about this movie! Anything that continues my campaign against trees!

I know what you're going to say: "But trees produce oxygen!" To which I respond, I've seen people with tanks of oxygen. So who needs trees when we can just get tanks? Screw you, trees!

are you just against tree's or all flowers in general? without photosynthesis you wouldn't have any oxygen to fill those tanks with!

This will never happen. Everyone knows Paul and Wahlberg pump iron together.

Are they really friends? Sorry if you're just joking, it can be hard to tell online sometimes.

How in the hell have you not done "The Happening"? I hope I didn't overlook it but one of the movies I now judge against others as bottom of the barrel (the room and birdemic now being the other two I use) as one of the worst movies I have ever seen in my fucking life?

Seriously, few movies ever made me angry like the happening did. It was a M. Night Shamealon movie so that should tell you something.

bleep blorp thread merge

• Like 1

I am glad to see such strong support for this film on FYI

• Like 3

This feels like it will be the first movie where we genuinely forced them to watch. I have a strong hunch that Paul isn't telling us why this hasn't been done yet.

The movie's title was shorted from it's origional: "[What] The [F*** is] Happening[?]"

Not that it's a big deal, but if all the tags at the fyi website that make sense have already been taken you don't have to add ones that make no sense. #straighttoDVD, #basedonbetter?

*Deleted by poster due to irrelevance*

But The Happening didn't have source material to defile. It was an 'original' M Night idea.

OHHHH! I thought we were questioning the meaning of the tags in general. My mistake. Sorry.

Not that it's a big deal, but if all the tags at the fyi website that make sense have already been taken you don't have to add ones that make no sense. #straighttoDVD, #basedonbetter?

I have a lot of tag clean up to do, but it's gonna take me awhile to get through 2000 movies. Sigh. Why people gotta abuse my organization system?

Based on how many people are voting, which is way more than I thought would, it might be never ending. I'd say don't bother fixing it, but then that would defeat the purpose of what should be a useful feature.

Tag abuse aside, I feel like the happening should have gone straight to DVD. I would love for the HDTGM team to talk this one over, I got dragged to see this piece of garbage in the theater. Everybody in this movie is just awful, they're totally wooden-even people I normally like in other contexts. Somehow M. Night got the worst possible performance out of everyone involved. Attack of the killer tomatoes had a more believable central premise.