🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
temjeito

The Happening - (it's never happening, but talk about it if you want)

I'd like to apologize to the 2000 people who voted for this movie, apparently I am responsible for them not doing an episode on it. A converstation I had with a handful of other people on this board a couple of weeks ago, that lasted for a few days, was apparently so infuriating that they found it neccesary to punish the 2000 people who weren't involved in the conversation.

You may be asking why they wouldn't just ignore a conversation they had no interest in, especially since it's an online message board and that would be very easy to do. You may also be asking why they would spend months creating and talking about a website whose sole purpose was to give the fans a voice, only to ignore the voice of 2000 because of what 5 people said over a few day period a couple weeks ago.

Well the answer ofcourse is this isn't the real reason.

Now I wasn't planning to post anything else after it was made clear they wouldn't be doing it, other than my initial post on episode 63.5, and I know this post won't be getting much love from you guys, based on how many likes Paul's statement got, but I had to do it. I had to do it because I really don't appreciate being made a scapegoat when it is very clear there were other reasons why they aren't doing this movie other than the fact that 5 people annoyed Paul so much that are going to completely ignore the other 2000 people who voted for it.

I'm not saying any of this is a big deal, I was ready to drop it until I was made a scapegoat, but I really wish they would have just let it be. I understand that whatever the real reason is they don't want to say what it is, I doubt Zooey would appreciate that, so just don't say anything and after, at most, a couple days everyone would be done talking about it.

He probably's just fucking around, man. I wouldn't take it to seriously.

Are you gonna feel like an ass if he was just screwin' with you and they are doing this for the live episode?

I most definitely will and will make a post about how stupid I am. I honestly didn't consider that a possibility so I apologize if that is the case. I mainly felt he was being serious beause of the choice of After Earth, it just seemed like they were not wanting to do The Happening so they did another M. Night film to make up for it.

It just really felt like he was being serious so I didn't really even entertain the thought he could be joking, so sorry if that's the case, I just felt like I was being singled out and took offense to it.

I'll go ahead and change the post to something we know is true.

Edited by BagguhMcGuirk

They've been talking about there being a few upcoming live shows, so maybe the FYI site is for deciding what those will be for the most part. And for a movie like The Happening, it would be better suited for a live show as they get a lot of audience participation and the movies are usually a lot more crazy (Superman 3, Birdemic, From Justin To Kelly,) so a movie like the Happening would be perfect for this environment. Also FYI got put up at a time when there were going to be a lot of topical choices for the show, Fast 6 was a shoe in to be done the moment it was released and After Earth became a viable choice after all of the background information involved with it and the fact that it was Shymalan and Will Smith and it still TANKED. The main thing that makes a site like FYI and these forums difficult is that this is the only Earwolf show that is bi-weekly, so it will take a while to get to all of the films fans want discussed. I always thought they could have a new episode on Tuesday followed by a mini episode on Thursday or Friday to prepare fans for the following Tuesday, but with June and Paul's schedules becoming more hectic at least, it doesn't look like that is happening any time soon.

It feels sort of like if you were to call into a DJ and ask him if he can play a classic song from a band and instead he plays the new single from that band. You know that with the exception of for two-fer-tuesdays they space out the plays between band songs, so you know you're not going to hear the song you requested.

Who knows though, maybe they're going through the top 3 from the poll working their way up it, but I think a lot of us are left confused.

Now I wasn't planning to post anything else after it was made clear they wouldn't be doing it, other than my initial post on episode 63.5, and I know this post won't be getting much love from you guys, based on how many likes Paul's statement got, but I had to do it.

I don't know how you decided that The Happening is the right hill to die upon, but the fact that you have been harping on this (non-)issue for 3+ straight weeks with no tangible information to support your accusations is making you seem mentally unbalanced.

You. Need. To. Calm. Down.

• Like 1

I don't really think I come off as "mentally unstable", but more power to you if you feel the need to say that. We'll find out if I was right or not sooner or later.

this board has a real painkiller abuse problem

Duh, have you seen the list of movies that we end up watching?

Next week on celebrity rehad with Dr, Drew, the entire discussion board for How Did This Get Made?.

• Like 1

I don't really think I come off as "mentally unstable", but more power to you if you feel the need to say that. We'll find out if I was right or not sooner or later.

well i was just calling back to another thread with really funny overreactions to jokey replies but now i guess i hope you turn out to be right about why they arent doing the happening???

I don't really think I come off as "mentally unstable", but more power to you if you feel the need to say that.

Of course not, since the person who has been railing against imagined personal slights for three straight weeks is qualified to make that determination.

Where's hand jiving double amputee dog when we need him?

• Like 2

This is just a suggestion. Not a criticism, not a conspiracy, just a suggestion, but can there be a portion of the next minisode where Paul explains how he is going to use the FYI results, because this is frankly making the members come off as conspirators and the mods, or hell, everyone come off as dicks.

so I guess The Happening is not happening. LOL

it's those dam aliens. they got in paul's head.THEY GOT TO HIM DAM IT!!!

I think there's anything to be learned from this, it's chill out dudes.

• Like 1

From the mouth of Mr. Scheer himself (met him at the largo show last Saturday) this will not be happening because of reasons already mentioned in this topic (Zooey/New Girl).

All I was trying to say from the start. Wasn't trying to make a big deal out of it, just pointing out what I found to be fairly obvious based on what Paul was, and wasn't, saying about the FYI site.

The only time I went on any kind of a rant was when it seemed those of us who were having a conversation about it were being blamed for them not doing it.

Kinda makes the "End this boring ass conspiracy" comment seem a little defensive now.

Excuse me, I must solemnly watch Rifftrax's The Happening to ease the pain.