🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
temjeito

The Happening - (it's never happening, but talk about it if you want)

guys idk that our posting friends thought the "conspiracy" reasoning was dumb and obviously wrong i think it was more that there was a lot of mismanaged Care on a thing that rly deserves like zero care

• Like 1

I read this article where a guy defends ALL m night's films. The Happening stood out because he started off with something like, "if The Happening was made the way m night had originally intended, it could have done for forests what Jaws did for oceans." Just let that sink in for awhile

I read this article where a guy defends ALL m night's films. The Happening stood out because he started off with something like, "if The Happening was made the way m night had originally intended, it could have done for forests what Jaws did for oceans." Just let that sink in for awhile

HAHAHA holy shit how high was that guy?!

guys idk that our posting friends thought the "conspiracy" reasoning was dumb and obviously wrong i think it was more that there was a lot of mismanaged Care on a thing that rly deserves like zero care

I think it was just earnest questioning that sorta turned hostile for god knows what reason. This wasn't even my vote on FYI, I supported The Avengers

But seiously, I am sure that even if Paul says "Fuck no, we aren't doing it", this forum will still live on.

I think it was just earnest questioning that sorta turned hostile for god knows what reason. This wasn't even my vote on FYI, I supported The Avengers

But seiously, I am sure that even if Paul says "Fuck no, we aren't doing it", this forum will still live on.

We are getting Howard the Duck, so it is a nice consolation prize, IMHO. Also, I imagine Bagguh's room looks alot like this:

Life_conspiracy_wall.jpg

• Like 2

Everyone needs to remember that words on the internet are devoid of tone and thus someone may post something with a fairly innocent or inquisitive intent, but have it be read as a hostile attack.

• Like 1

More like... "The Crappening". AMIRITE?!?

*clears throat*

• Like 1

I take it this means nobody will be admitting I was right all along? Not that it's a big deal, but many of you seemed to think I didn't know what I was talking about it, when all I did was notice Paul's obvious attempts to avoid talking about The Happening and used a little common sense to figure out why.

Duder, I suggest you just drop it and move on. PM me your address and I'll mail you a bottle of vodka, some Mexican food, and a couple of Jim Jarmusch DVDs.

Just because it's not being done right now, doesn't mean it will not ever happen. Some were making the point that it was made to seem like this was a conspiracy on the level of who shot JFK as to why they weren't doing this movie at this time. This led to people becoming super defensive and hostile. Saying that you're right all along isn't going to help with some of these people.

June was in New Girl with Zooey, who was on The Simpsons, which also hosted Glenn Close at one point, who starred with Harrison Ford in Air Force One, who was in Cowboys and Aliens with Daniel Craig, who was in The Golden Compass with Nicole Kidman, who was in Moulin Rouge with Kylie Minogue, who was offended by the gang's criticism of Street Fighter, thus used her connections to shut down The Happening as payback.

tumblr_m7d792OuEY1qeweuno1_500.gif

Also, am I the only one who played the Sad Trombone sound 15 times in a row?

• Like 3

WHO ARE YOU CALLING DEVOID OF TONE?

What if someone was tone-deaf AND blind, thereby unable to read all-caps posts on the internet? Oh man, sarcasm would be TOTALLY UNREACHABLE FOR THEM!!!

In conclusion: the worst part about being blind would be the lack of internet message board activity.

• Like 1

June was in New Girl with Zooey, who was on The Simpsons, which also hosted Glenn Close at one point, who starred with Harrison Ford in Air Force One, who was in Cowboys and Aliens with Daniel Craig, who was in The Golden Compass with Nicole Kidman, who was in Moulin Rouge with Kylie Minogue, who was offended by the gang's criticism of Street Fighter, thus used her connections to shut down The Happening as payback.

*casually rotates chalkboard 180 degrees to reveal the name GEORGE SOROS*

• Like 2

tumblr_m7d792OuEY1qeweuno1_500.gif

Also, am I the only one who played the Sad Trombone sound 15 times in a row?

3050354749_8d2ce85f29_o_zps5df859dd.gif

• Like 2

Hey you guys are brilliant!

We all created a new game for us to play. I call it 13 degress of a Happening, you have to connect any star of the happening with Paul Scheer or Jason Mantzoukas or June Diane Raphael. Remember you get only 13 or less connections to the hosts of HDTGM, why 13 and not 6, well lets be realistic here..

besides isn't 13 a lucky number....

• Like 2

Three quick runs through the oracle of bacon to find the smallest path: http://oracleofbacon.org/

kylie minogue has a june diane raphael number of 2.

Kylie Minogue was in

Doogal (2006) with

Bill Hader was in

Forgetting Sarah Marshall (2008) with

June Diane Raphael

And so on (her Paul and Jason numbers are also 2).

• Like 1

How has this not been done yet?

Oh boy, here we go again.

• Like 1

Nevermind. I realized why.

Sorry, I didn't mean to seem snarky, I was just starting to see this thread as a sort of mobius strip from which we would never escape.