🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
temjeito

The Happening - (it's never happening, but talk about it if you want)

I feel so responsible for all this sadness.

I make the FYI polls.

That first one was based on the most popular suggestions I had at the time... I never knew it would turn into this...

tumblr_mjmchcqNW81rm49iao1_400.gif

• Like 5

tumblr_lsel3aoKff1qat9klo1_r1_500_zps95f0df1b.gif

It's okay Shannon, you couldn't have known the horrors The Happening would unleash upon us.

If "The Happening" isn't...happening any time in the foreseeable future, can we all just agree to go back to hounding the shit out out of them to do "Southland Tales"? Really, it would be the right thing to do. HDTGM FEARS "Southland Tales". I don't think there are any bridges left to burn there, as I think the movie itself already River Kwai'd the shit out of any bridges that Richard Kelly had with nearly any person, place, or thing.

If they don't end up doing Southland Tales, I would like to start a pre-rumor that it's all Amy Poehler's fault.

• Like 2

I'm still angered at the fact that no one seems to be with me in forcing them to review The Avengers (1998).

I will publicly throw my support behind that one. The teddy bear/furry scene alone deserves discussion.

The question remains did nostradamus some how know that this was all going to happen and could we of provented it.

For anyone that wants to torture themselves further, this is in rotation on FX right now.

Marky Mark: "I don't understaahnd why these kids ahhhnt maaaare interested in sciunce! And remembuh to say hello for to yur mutha faar me."

The Happening is so bad it essentially took a website dedicated to voting on bad movies offline and drove a man here to madness. That literally happened

• Like 2

That actually is something I wanted to ask about, have we just stopped using FYI? Because the last poll has been up there for weeks with low numbers (It's Pat would've place 8th on the inaugural poll), so what's up?

• Like 1

That actually is something I wanted to ask about, have we just stopped using FYI? Because the last poll has been up there for weeks with low numbers (It's Pat would've place 8th on the inaugural poll), so what's up?

I was just wondering the same thing. In addition to the lower numbers, this poll has also been up for much longer than the first one, right? Can someone please photoshop the gang into some classic P. Diddy "Rock The Vote" photo ops ASAP??

There's a new poll up now!

And no, the site isn't dead. It's just run by very busy people who had gotten confused about who was doing what and when.

Sorry guys... try to be patient with us. We're just people.

• Like 1

Oops, my mistake, P. Diddy's thing was "Vote or Die." Even better. post-45054-0-88633300-1373329317_thumb.jpeg

I specifically remember that it came out that Paris Hilton did not vote, and then she didn't make good on the "or die" part either. It's like I can't take anything P. Diddy does seriously anymore, you know?

• Like 2

Sorry guys... try to be patient with us. We're just people.

Unacceptable. You are part of an elite group. You are...A MODERATOR.

Unacceptable. You are part of an elite group. You are...A MODERATOR.

That's right, I don't want to hear that they're normal people. It SO ruins the illusion :( *sigh*

• Like 1

Shannon I think you should just lock this thread down. if paul and the gang are not going to do this movie it's only going to get worse as people join this group and request this film. You should post something in the lines of we are not doing this film so quit asking for it. LOCKED Topic... thats how other message boards would deal with this subject.

Shannon I think you should just lock this thread down. if paul and the gang are not going to do this movie it's only going to get worse as people join this group and request this film. You should post something in the lines of we are not doing this film so quit asking for it. LOCKED Topic... thats how other message boards would deal with this subject.

I think they should troll people a little harder, though. Paul should release a minisode announcing they are going to do it, then the next week they should do a different movie like League of Extraordinary Gentlement and reupload a different minisode, so if people go back and check it will match the new movie they did. He could do the same questions for the second part and everything. Then they should lock this thread and aggresively moderate the threads for those podcasts, so no mention of it comes through.

• Like 1

seriously though, WHY HAVEN'T THEY DONE THIS ONE YET???

Don't ask that question. The argument caused by it is the reason this is the longest thread in the HDTGM forum.

From what I've read, for anyone curious, it could be left at this: Remember that the hosts are actors poking fun at other actors, which can be tenuous territory. Sometimes somebody knows somebody and that means this movie or that movie is a no-go. I know I'd be self-conscious if I were in either position, so I'm all for that policy.

It's funny that this general issue came up today; for some reason, I had the urge to watch Zodiac on Netflix last night, and had totally forgotten that June played Mark Ruffalo's wife. It made me start wondering whether Mark Ruffalo had ever been in a HDTGM movie...

From what I've read, for anyone curious, it could be left at this: Remember that the hosts are actors poking fun at other actors, which can be tenuous territory. Sometimes somebody knows somebody and that means this movie or that movie is a no-go. I know I'd be self-conscious if I were in either position, so I'm all for that policy.

It's funny that this general issue came up today; for some reason, I had the urge to watch Zodiac on Netflix last night, and had totally forgotten that June played Mark Ruffalo's wife. It made me start wondering whether Mark Ruffalo had ever been in a HDTGM movie...

While I get that, it bugs me when people associated with something that's been ripped on for years don't have the sense of humor to let it go, especially when it's primarily COMEDIANS (you know, people that are renowned for having a sense of humor) that the show seems to deal with. It'd be one thing if a person that the hosts were friends with had gone off and tried something really different, tried really hard, and was really passionate about something and it failed terribly, like if it ended up being a well-meaning dramatic film about a sensitive subject that just wasn't any good and wasn't particularly that person's fault. Not only do we not expect them to go after something like that, but we surely don't expect them to drag the poor friend out and say "So, what the fuck were you thinking?". "The Happening" is not that kind of movie, and again, we're not asking them to take their friends to task for something that had so many things wrong with it, maybe the least of which was their involvement. We just want them to make fun of the fucking movie already, regardless of who the guest is or if we ever get the straight story on why it seems to be untouchable, because this movie deserves an episode. Hell, make it your first ever PREMIUM episode if you want. We'll be there!

• Like 1

Not yet, but they can fix that by doing Now You See Me.

• Like 1

While I get that, it bugs me when people associated with something that's been ripped on for years don't have the sense of humor to let it go, especially when it's primarily COMEDIANS (you know, people that are renowned for having a sense of humor)

Hah, you mentioned somewhere else that you're gonna start listening to Go Bayside, and that's a topic that comes up frequently. Most of the actors from Saved By The Bell are pretty good natured about, y'know, a silly show they were on over 20 years ago. Except for Dustin "Screech" Diamond, even though he's (ostensibly) a stand up comedian now. He's the one that is apparently a jerk about it and won't do reunions or answer interview questions.

Incidentally, Go Bayside is a great podcast that would appeal to a wide swath of HDTGM listeners. It's essentially the same format, just smaller and shorter, and focused on Saved By The Bell. You'd think it'd get boring, but with new guests every week (including some Earwolf favorites like Howard Kremer) it's pretty fun.

• Like 1