🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Zach1326657705

Guests you want to see on Sklarbro Country

I would love to see Bill Simmon from ESPN and Grantland make a trip to Sklarbro Country. He definetely would be able to contribute to the sports aspect but also with the pop culture parts as well.

• Like 2

Sklarboro Country Episode 61 - "Beef Wellington"

Randy gets a long awaited chance to reminisce about his surprise appearance on Take Home Chef with Curtis Stone. Topics include "strange men in my house", "SURPRISE! CAMERA CREW!!", and the old standard of "I cook, you clean." Chef Stone discusses Australian Rules Football, Rugby, and Ultimate Boomerang.

British Comedian and sports enthusiast Andy Zaltzman.

Does The Bugle Pod cast with John Oliver for reference.
Might give a nice British perspective, if he ever passes close by to LA.

Oh how could I forget the minor league pitcher and positive energy vibes master Brody Stephens.

If ever a perfect fit for this podcast, well Brody isn't probably it but i am sure he is good enough for one show.

• Like 1

Not an Earwolf regular, but I think Drew Carey would be interesting.

...Henry Winkler?

• Like 1

Please only guests who have some sports knowledge! Rich Eisen would be good, his podcast does a great job of digging up entertainers who love sports.

David Cross or Todd Barry.
Personally, I don't care if the guests have sports knowledge. I can always turn on Dan Patrick or Petros and Money or Rome if I want to hear from athletes about sports. I really like the vibe of this podcast; there are some sports in there, but it's not forced. I like that there's no sports agenda, but if the conversation ends up at sports, it's nice to know that you won't shy away. It's a great mixture of Indie rock, sports and comedy.

You can forget about Bill Simmons. There's a documented feud between him and the guys. It was totally unprovoked, but for some reason Bill doesn't like the bros from their days over at ESPN.

I would love to see Chad Ochocinco or Metta World Peace.

Wendell Pierce from The Wire and Treme...I have no idea if he gives a shit about the sporting world but I just want to see him on everything

I would LOVE to hear Jason Elam and Tim Tebow. They could discuss sports and their writing careers.

In addition to more of Jesse Ventura and Tiger Woods, and return visits from great guests like Hamm, Oswalt, and Gould, and aside from some obvious possibilities like Louis C.K., Paul Rudd, David Cross, and Will Ferrell (who I'm sure the Sklars have tried hard to get), I'd love:

*Scott Van Pelt

*John Krasinski

*Ray Ratto (a brief phoner at top, maybe when a Bay Area sports story is in the news)

*Rob Riggle

*Jon Benjamin

*Craig Robinson

*Rich Eisen

*Mindy Kaling

*The Sklar Brothers' Mom (maybe just a phoner)

*Amare Stoudemire (maybe just a phoner)

*Steve Nash

*Detlef Schrempf (he's got the funny name, he's been the subject of an indie rock song, and based on his brief appearances on PARKS & REC he seems to have nice comedic instincts and an appreciation for comedy)

William Zabka - @WilliamZabka

Think of all the insight he could offer into the worlds of high school karate and college diving.

Sign in to follow this