🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
zaprowsdower

Blame It On Rio (1984)

Blame It On Rio is a 1984 Michael Caine and Demi Moore movie that attempts to be a romantic romp but ends up just being super creepy. I actually said "How did this get made?" when I first saw it 5 years ago and I've been asking myself that question ever since.

• Like 2

I just watched Blame it on Rio. Holy shit is this movie creepy. This movie is fucking crazytown. Jason would have a field day with Demi Moore making sexy eyes at her screen dad Michael Caine, who is in full-on Hannah and her Sisters permed hair mode.

I think the the actress who played Jennifer might be retarded. She comes off like a robot attempting to emulate human emotion.

Some reason when I think about Michael Caine I can't stop thinking about the trip..

if you want to see a really cool adventure. The trip is a great movie, or tv series in case of the bbc channel. if your in the right kinda mood for it. it's a travel movie about these two guys who drive around the English countryside on a tour of fine restaurants and dinning. only to end up getting on each others nerves.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFIQIpC5_wY

I'll warn you, you may find your self working on your Michael Caine impression afterwords.

I feel like i am getting Deja vu. didn't we talk about this movie before.

I haven’t seen this for years. I’m sure I appreciated the boobs when I saw it as a relative youth, but now . . . a movie that is, to paraphrase Pauline Kael, a scarcely-disguised incest fantasy. I think June’s head would explode. And Jason would do the motorboating sound effect at least twice.

In the light of the current Olympics, could I please bump this thread. I mean, look at the trailer:

• Like 1

This episode would be the greatest HDTGM ever. It's got to be the most insane studio movie ever. And Jason would lose his mind.

To a certain generation (first round of kids to have HBO in the early to mid 80s), this film is monumental. I stumbled across it on cable with a group of friends when we were 8 or 9 and our minds were literally blown.

Revisiting it as an adult, it is beyond gross. A disgusting male fantasy that was inexplicably bankrolled and released by a major studio. In light of the recent developments in Hollywood, it would make for an incredible episode.

Even the title is egregious: don't blame Rio de Janeiro for your dark-hearted incest fantasies, film producers!

Sign in to follow this