🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
thatjoshguys

Tremors (1990)

I cant believe that nobody has suggested it. It was such a bad horror movie that it was a successful comedy, and they made it into 3 mores movies but trying to be funny. It was like playing with a 5 year old and they decided that the ground was lava and you cant stand on it. I am surprised they weren't sued for stealing intellectual property using the Sand Worms from Beetlejuice as their main antagonist. I really hope you guys do this one even though i am alittle behind all the other suggestions.

This is one of my favorite ridiculously good bad movies of all time. I stand by this recommendation.

Hmm... it is a B-Movie, but I think it's a really good one. Lots of tension, good humour and just plain fun. I don't really think it belongs on this show, even in the way that good crazy movies like Roadhouse do. It's not really crazy enough to justify it in my opinion.

• Like 1

It wasn't really meant to be a horror movie. It was a spoof of old B-movies and their ridiculousness. The last two sequels were terrible as they were basically SyFy movies and had monsters called Ass Blasters. Plus if they did Tremors it would have to be for how it works as a spoof because it would be the highest rated film HDTGM has ever done with an 88% on Rotten Tomatoes. Hell even the sequels are better regarded than 3/4 of the movies done on this podcast.

It's a great throw-back to the old monster movies of the 50's. If you're going to do Tremors, do one of the awful sequels. Probably Tremors 3. The worms mutate into bipedal creatures that can fly by farting fire. And it's only PG...

Agree with the majority here - Tremors was a deliberate retrovision of old B-Movies and I think they did a helluva good job all-around and overall some respectable direction, acting, writing. good humor.. all in all pretty good job!

This movie is awesome & you are all worst than Stalin.

Wait why are all of us terrible? Most of us are defending the film.

Please to consider. My favorite childhood movie and first exposure to Kevin Bacon. Underground worms, Reba McIntire and the Dad from Family Ties plays a gun nut. I rest my case.

I wanna hear this on the podcast, despite loving this movie, Kevin Bacon movie has not been mentioned on the podcast yet.

Sign in to follow this