🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 455 - The Washington Monugents Reunite

Every 3 or 4 years or so, Scott’s old political parody singing group will get back together for a reunion. Rhea Butcher of Seeso’s Take My Wife joins Scott as today’s co-host as they welcome back Bob, Tim, Dave, Mike, and Eban on the keys for the powerful return of The Washington Monugents. Expect some good ol’ classics, new instant classics, and everything in between that will poke fun at Washington, D.C. in ways that everyone can appreciate.

Sorry, 'The Cubs', your achievement just got immediately overshadowed.

• Like 4

Oh baby, really looking forward to this 'tent, I can still remember the last one that I had to listen to a few times. That "Sarah Palin" song really stuck in my head that year, sooo stupid, pointless and funny

Best week of Bang Bang that I can remember!

Your memory must be extremely poor

• Like 3

Best week of Bang Bang that I can remember!

• Like 1

Its so weird Scott is talking about Brent Spiner being on CBB because just last night I randomly watched that episode and couldnt figure out who the actor was playing Captain Ketchup. Now i know! Thanks Scott!

• Like 2

Rhea and I had a disturbingly similar upbringing music-wise. I guess now I'm that weird kind of fan who really thinks we would be friends.

• Like 4

It's not great, but if you can think of a better recent week of CBB episodes I'd love to hear it. I looked back and can't find a better pair of episodes that came out in the same week since before the summer. Unless there was some Mantzoukas/Kroll/Adomian back to back week that I missed, I can't think of who would even be able to compete with Jon Daly/Odenkirk and the B Boys right in a row.

Halloween+Washington Monugents scratched my CBB itches in all the right places. Took me back to the good old Death Ray days. So maybe it's just me, but for ME, best 2 ep week in a while.

• Like 4

Rhea Butcher is awesome. I laughed out loud at Scott's reaction to her saying she was most like Silver Surfer.

Scott worried me for a second by not immediately referencing the Power Cosmic, but then he pulled it out.

Great ep, love the baseball talk. I'm intrigued by these medium-sized garlic fries-holding mini helmets.

• Like 2

Oddly structured one, going back to the interview segment after the Monugents, but I appreciated more time Riffin' with Rhea. The in-house rivalry between Rhea (Ohio native) and Cameron (Chicago native) on Twitter really made the World Series shine this year, and I don't particularly care about baseball.*

* Which infuriates certain friends of mine, because I was present for both Felix's perfect game for the Mariners and Humber's perfect game vs. the Mariners.

• Like 2

Those plastic baseball hats that hold cheese fries are the source of my fondest baseball memories. I would have gladly given Rhea my spare mini hats, partly because my cat didn't particularly enjoy wearing them

• Like 1

Agreed about the weird structure, but it was nice, just a surprise. I was also surprised that the tensions didn't boil over with the Monugents, seemed hinted at early on in their appearance. Would've like to hear those guys back for plugs though.

Speaking of, plugs theme was cool. Reminded me of Stabbing Westward a little, but I understood how Scott characterized it too, maybe he was more accurate about the inspiration.

Rhea was delightful. I enjoyed her reactions to "both candidates are equal" insinuations.

I thoroughly enjoyed Scott and Rhea's conversations

It's not great, but if you can think of a better recent week of CBB episodes I'd love to hear it. I looked back and can't find a better pair of episodes that came out in the same week since before the summer. Unless there was some Mantzoukas/Kroll/Adomian back to back week that I missed, I can't think of who would even be able to compete with Jon Daly/Odenkirk and the B Boys right in a row.

Halloween+Washington Monugents scratched my CBB itches in all the right places. Took me back to the good old Death Ray days. So maybe it's just me, but for ME, best 2 ep week in a while.

I'd probably say last month's eps on the 10th and 13th top this week's ep. Not a big fan of the Kyle Kinane ep but that Bajillion ep on the other, oh boy one of the year's best. Also, Horatio Sanz.

I'd probably say last month's eps on the 10th and 13th top this week's ep. Not a big fan of the Kyle Kinane ep but that Bajillion ep on the other, oh boy one of the year's best. Also, Horatio Sanz.

Jeez, the level of sarcasm you used to rebuff me originally made me think you actually had a better example. I guess you meant to say "wow your memory is fuckin AMAZING".

Which means you heard it here first and second ladies and gents- this was in fact the best week of bang bang in months. Enjoy it folks.

Those plastic baseball hats that hold cheese fries are the source of my fondest baseball memories. I would have gladly given Rhea my spare mini hats, partly because my cat didn't particularly enjoy wearing them

I know them as little plastic helmets that held iced cream.

• Like 2

Agreed about the weird structure, but it was nice, just a surprise. I was also surprised that the tensions didn't boil over with the Monugents, seemed hinted at early on in their appearance. Would've like to hear those guys back for plugs though.

Speaking of, plugs theme was cool. Reminded me of Stabbing Westward a little, but I understood how Scott characterized it too, maybe he was more accurate about the inspiration.

Rhea was delightful. I enjoyed her reactions to "both candidates are equal" insinuations.

good one.

sometimes i think scott and everyone that listens to this show have only ever listened to 90s alternative rock.

Sign in to follow this