๐Ÿ”’ The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ร—
Sign in to follow this  
jingjong

Max Payne (2008)

I almost forgot about this garbage-fest. Ludacris...he's in it and the movie is that as well.

I love the video game. It's basically genre pastiche + dream sequences+ killing things in slow motion, but it still tells a more coherent story than, as you said, this garbage-fest.

We got another bad video game on the horizon! This is the first time that Mark Wahlberg and Mila Kunis shared the screen together. It didn't work out here, but eventually improved by the time Ted came out.

ย 

( If this is TOO unrelated I will post this in the Bad Movie Recommendations section of the forum if I'm asked to do so... )

ย 

IMHO the "Max Payne (2008)" movie with Mark Wahlberg and Mila Kunis is one of the worst (if not the worse) video game -to- movie adaptations EVER!!! Because they changed stuff that made it almost unwatchable for me...

ย 

I'll scratch the surface with what I really ticks me off about this movie...

ย 

*Acording to various entertainment outlets Mark didn't play the game (Some say that he wanted to create his own character others say that he did not want to get addicted to the game).

ย 

*The main illegal drug in the "Max Payne" game and movie is called "Valkyr" and the logo/tag for it is a letter "V" with a syringe that throughout the game and movie you can see in the walls as graffiti... In the movie they kept the logo but because of its PG-13 rating instead of injecting the drug they just drink it like gatorade...

ย 

*They changed the gender of Max's child from a baby girl to a baby boy ( I thought that in the game Max had a more "daddy's little baby girl" relationship and I liked that ).

ย 

*For a movie based on a game that is built around the "Bullet-Time Mechanic" I only counted 3 or 4 sequences where they used it in the whole movie.

ย 

*In the first 2 games New York is the setting where the story takes place, but they filmed the movie in Canada (OK ok thats nitpicking but still...).

ย 

*In the game the character Mona Sax has a twin sister Lisa Sax ( "Mona Lisa" get it??? ) but i the movie they are NOT twins and the sister is not named Lisa.

ย 

*In the game Max is an Undercover DEA cop/agent, In the movie he is a detective in the cold case division (BO-RING!).

ย 

ย 

I can only dream of the day they make an episode of that movie...

• Like 1

We got another bad video game on the horizon! This is the first time that Mark Wahlberg and Mila Kunis shared the screen together. It didn't work out here, but eventually improved by the time Ted came out.

ย 

ย 

Did it though?

Sign in to follow this