🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
danoforange

Coyote Ugly (2000)

The bar still exists, it's in the East Village, I went a couple of years ago because I hate myself and it was one of the saddest places I'd ever set foot in.

I know people who hung out there in the late 90's early 2000's it used to be a really cool place with a pretty mixed crowd, I think after the movie it got super touristie and then just ended up kindoff dying off into what it is now.

I know people who hung out there in the late 90's early 2000's it used to be a really cool place with a pretty mixed crowd, I think after the movie it got super touristie and then just ended up kindoff dying off into what it is now.

I remember seeing an episode of I think Wild On where they stopped at the bar shortly after the movie came out and it was packed to the brim, but a bar can't sustain that momentum for long without changing anything or people just get tired of the schtick. Add to it that the movie is almost 20 years old and wasn't very memorable.

It reminds me of a great movie called Kinky Boots starring Joel Edgerton and Chiwetel Ejofor about a British shoe company owned by Edgerton that starts making boots for drag queens that are able to support the weight of a full grown man as regular woman's boots cannot. It is based on a true story of where the company did it because it was close to bankruptcy and the change in product helped them and even spawned a long running musical based off the movie. Unfortunately the success of those productions didn't help the company for long as people started buying cheaper products from China and the company all but went under shortly after the musical started to really hit big. Last I read, the guy Edgerton was based on was hocking his boots at various fetish and sex conventions around the world.

Sign in to follow this