🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
danoforange

Coyote Ugly (2000)

Girl: Can I ask you somethin'?
Lil: What?
Girl: What - Oh, what does Coyote Ugly mean?
Lil: Did you ever wake up sober after a one night stand, and the person you're next to is layin' on your arm, and they're so ugly, you'd rather chew off your arm then risk waking 'em? That's coyote ugly.
Girl: My God. But, why would you name your bar after somethin' like that?
Lil: Oh, because Cheers was taken.

• Like 3

It's like 'Burlesque' with shittier costumes.

• Like 5

YES, YES, pleeease! It's so bad. Piper Perabo is just the pits in this. And Ty-Ty Banks makes an appearance!

The story of a girl from New Jersey who overcomes all odds to become a bartender who dances on the bar. And Tyra banks is a law student.

• Like 2

There was aparently an early re-write of this film done by Kevin Smith where he made it funnier and more of a movie. Last I heard they threw all that away and took his name off. though I did just find out that there is a slightly rare "Unrated/Extended" cut of this film that has me a little interested. There still won't be any nudity, but maybe it's langauge? I don't know. It was like PG-13 afterall. Probably won't be many trips to the bonezone, or will there? :Fingers crossed:

And Tyra banks is a law student.

Right there is reason enough to have an episode on this. Or that Piper Perabo's boyfriend is paid with a $25,000 Spiderman comic, which he uses as collateral for her audition. Most expensive audition ever.

I saw this in the theater because a girl I was interested in at the time wanted to see it. As I recall, this was a twofold mistake.

Poor Piper, she really had to make her bones in some shitty movies.

• Like 1

The scene on the roof where she gets inspired by her neighbour doing the electric boogaloo, then plays her not plugged in keyboard. Genius WTF moment. Literally a piece of garbage.

• Like 1

If they did a sequel that takes place now, Piper would probably be a crack whore by now with a beautiful case of meth mouth, or tan mom. Maybe even a hybrid.

This movie is like Crossroads meets Roadhouse (Crossroadhouse?). I like to think that a young Tom Brady saw this movie and decided that one day he would father a child with the angry one. I would love it if they got Kaitlin Olson AKA Dee from Always Sunny and Alex Borstein (who are both in it briefly) to guest on this film

Poor Piper, she really had to make her bones in some shitty movies.

Now now, they weren't all bad, for instance I kind of like like that one movie where she jumped off a roof and killed herself at the end (oops, spoilers).

Now now, they weren't all bad, for instance I kind of like like that one movie where she jumped off a roof and killed herself at the end (oops, spoilers).

Which "Cheaper By the Dozen" movie was that in again?

• Like 3

Which "Cheaper By the Dozen" movie was that in again?

Can't remember the name, and can't be bothered to look it up. There were sex scenes and then her girlfriend dumped her for some jock guy then there was probably more sex scenes, I dunno... and then she (piper) found a wounded falcon in the woods and healed and trained it. Then at the end of the movie Piper stabbed her ex's new boyfriend in the leg in a fencing match and jumped off a roof and died.

Can't remember the name, and can't be bothered to look it up. There were sex scenes and then her girlfriend dumped her for some jock guy then there was probably more sex scenes, I dunno... and then she (piper) found a wounded falcon in the woods and healed and trained it. Then at the end of the movie Piper stabbed her ex's new boyfriend in the leg in a fencing match and jumped off a roof and died.

Hmmmmm, it wouldn't have been in the first one then, because she was in the second one as well...

He's referring to Lost & Delirious and I am not gonna lie, I teared up at the end of that movie.

He's referring to Lost & Delirious and I am not gonna lie, I teared up at the end of that movie.

Yes, it wasn't a bad movie by any means. As I said I like it. I just like to oversimplify my plot summaries on this forum for fun. I just didn't wanna write "it's a tragic story of forbidden love, people's intolerance, cruelty and rejection that ultimately led to a young girl's death." It's a pretty good movie, it's just too sad and depressing and at this point, I don't feel like watching something like this.

By the way I teared up at the end too.

• Like 1

Did you hug a kitten as you teared up? I did.

• Like 1

It's on netflix so I'm bringing this back because this would be a great movie for the podcast, also Paul, June and Jason all lived in NYC around the time the actually Coyote bar was a thing so it would be interesting to see if any of them had been there.

• Like 2

Paul, June and Jason all lived in NYC around the time the actually Coyote bar was a thing so it would be interesting to see if any of them had been there.

The bar still exists, it's in the East Village, I went a couple of years ago because I hate myself and it was one of the saddest places I'd ever set foot in.

• Like 1

I'm scrolling through the yelp reviews for the bar now, it's almost as good as hearing Paul read second opinions. This one from Chris M sums it up nicely:

"Skeevy. Filled with lonely-looking men. I also hate these kinds of places where women have to go out of there way to put on a show for lonely men. It makes me feel bad. There were 20 men in the bar, and the only women inside were the two bartenders. I could find a better ratio at a gay bar.”

Sign in to follow this