🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
nthurkettle

The Net (1995)

So, Facebook glitched today and momentarily declared me dead, which was hilarious. And it reminded me of this awesomely crazy movie from 1995 when most people didn't really understand what "The Internet" was and Sandra Bullock was this rising star and so they just put her in a dumb Hollywood thriller where she's this shut-in nobody recognizes but with fabulous hair who, like Internets her way into a conspiracy, and then bad guys Internet her identity and then Internet her friend to death so she won't Internet the truth to anyone about how they're Internetting stuff in an evil way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46qKHq7REI4

• Like 3

Haha I kinda like this movie. I think some things were ahead of their time for 1995 like Sandy ordering her dominos pizza online on this awesome website lol. It's 1995, pick up a phone weirdo.

But it also made me hate Dennis Miller for all time. Not that I was a big fan of his to begin with. I was 10 when this came out.

• Like 2

They should do this movie, I know June has fond memories of it. Itd be great to hear if she has a similar realization like she did with Ladybugs.

• Like 1

Also Jeremy Northam was so handsome and charming throughout the movie that as a kid, I thought he was going to switch sides at some point and him and Sandy were going to work things out.

• Like 1

"Eraser" is on Netflix now, and it has a scene where Vanessa Williams is frantically burning top secret evil villain information onto a mini CD-ROM and I can't get enough of 90's computing in movies and "The Net" is the "Citizen Kane" of those movies.

• Like 1

My favorite part of The Net is the master computer she has to use at the end is of course located in the center of a fucking convention hall. 

• Like 2

I was thinking about this movie recently, did they ever explain how the praetorian symbol that would just randomly send the user to some seemingly random login screen for various government and medical sites ended up at the bottom of Mozart's Ghost?

Like was that the only program that Gatekeeper was installed on that caused the issue with that symbol showing up on it? And how was that the only copy of that program, wouldnt the developer have had more of the disks let alone the computer with the original file on it? 

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this