🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×

I agree, I liked the girl from Prometheus Noomi Rapace. I thought she was hot in that movie. why not bring her back. I am a bit of a Audrey Tautou from Amélie fan. so I love her.

Noomi was good in Prometheus, and I love that movie, but this here is the source of all my perversions.

798dd05a922b866c8e374da3123759be.jpg

Morten Tyldum and JLaw came within seconds of recreating this scene in Passengers but they cut before every single scene of getting into their spacesuits. Fuck that movie.

• Like 2

Morten Tyldum and JLaw came within seconds of recreating this scene in Passengers but they cut before every single scene of getting into their spacesuits. Fuck that movie.

I think that's the least of that movie's problems...

posted video

I don't know but for some reason the fighting in that looks too polished to be a true successor to Bloodsport. Bloodsport worked in that it was real practitioners in those styles or could look like they were having a real fight with becoming winded, sweaty, bloody, etc. This one doesn't look so much as that until what look to be the end fights, at least I hope it isn't just that. There was a great movie a couple years ago called Raze that totally had the feel of women in a life or death fight tournament complete with the grit and realism of being in a fight.

I don't know but for some reason the fighting in that looks too polished to be a true successor to Bloodsport. Bloodsport worked in that it was real practitioners in those styles or could look like they were having a real fight with becoming winded, sweaty, bloody, etc. This one doesn't look so much as that until what look to be the end fights, at least I hope it isn't just that. There was a great movie a couple years ago called Raze that totally had the feel of women in a life or death fight tournament complete with the grit and realism of being in a fight.

Have to admit, I just got too excited when they said the words kumata! as for Raze goes, never watched all it.

not a trailer and i know it's only a still but this looks interesting ..

ocean_s-8.jpg?w=670&h=377&crop=1

I was curious just from this picture that made the rounds a month or two ago:

CzC7kAiXgAApNZL.jpg

• Like 2

I was curious just from this picture that made the rounds a month or two ago:

CzC7kAiXgAApNZL.jpg

Ooh, and Casper mattress logo in the background. HDTGM sponsor plug!

• Like 3

I've never seen an Ocean's movie, but I'm super excited for that. The director has made some fairly milquetoast films, though maybe the cast will rise above. I keep waiting for Sandy B to make more interesting films at this stage of her career but maybe she just doesn't have the clout I would assume she has, given how sexist and lame Hollywood is.

Anne Heche and Sandra Oh's new film looks fun.

Written and directed by Onur Turkel, one of the more infamous (worst?) guests on Doug Loves Movies.

• Like 2

I've never seen an Ocean's movie, but I'm super excited for that. The director has made some fairly milquetoast films, though maybe the cast will rise above. I keep waiting for Sandy B to make more interesting films at this stage of her career but maybe she just doesn't have the clout I would assume she has, given how sexist and lame Hollywood is.

Anne Heche and Sandra Oh's new film looks fun.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6cqFJlOb2zw

Written and directed by Onur Turkel, one of the more infamous (worst?) guests on Doug Loves Movies.

Hadn't heard that episode, what did he do or was he just bad at the games?

Hadn't heard that episode, what did he do or was he just bad at the games?

It's from early 2014, I think. Just search Onur Turkel + DLM. Basically the dude was just sloppy drunk and aggressively obnoxious, more of an embarrassment to himself than anything. Doug kicked him off during the episode. Maybe not the worst guest ever, but pretty rude and *I* wouldn't invite him back.

It's from early 2014, I think. Just search Onur Turkel + DLM. Basically the dude was just sloppy drunk and aggressively obnoxious, more of an embarrassment to himself than anything. Doug kicked him off during the episode. Maybe not the worst guest ever, but pretty rude and *I* wouldn't invite him back.

He had to be pretty drunk for that, because the pay episode that featured Amy Schumer and Anthony Jeselnik was pretty bad as they were just SLOSHED beyond approach. The first half of the episode basically was just them drunkenly shouting at the crowd and randomly swearing.

OMG Y'ALL

I know it's not a trailer, but I'm SO EXCITED for It Comes at Night.

1BCRfqf.jpg

I'm hoping we get a trailer in the next month or two (I'd expect it to be bundled with Free Fire in April at the latest). It's written and directed by Trey Edward Shults, who did Krisha. That was one of my favorite movies last year because he accomplished so much with so little. And many of the film's most impactful moments use the horror film elements (especially framing and lighting), so I'm excited to see an actual horror movie from him.

Also, it's being distributed by A24 (who signed him for his second film before his first even got a full release). And it stars Joel Edgerton and Riley Keough, who have both been a pretty great streak over the last year or so.

CAN'T. WAIT.

OMG Y'ALL

I know it's not a trailer, but I'm SO EXCITED for It Comes at Night.

I'm hoping we get a trailer in the next month or two (I'd expect it to be bundled with Free Fire in April at the latest). It's written and directed by Trey Edward Shults, who did Krisha. That was one of my favorite movies last year because he accomplished so much with so little. And many of the film's most impactful moments use the horror film elements (especially framing and lighting), so I'm excited to see an actual horror movie from him.

I don't know anything about this new film, but I just want to cosign on Krisha, that was possibly my favorite film of 2016. I wish there was more room in the Oscars to champion smaller films like it.

Ooooooh I am in!

Have you seen the trailer for XX? I think it might be up your alley, too. It's an all-female written and directed horror anthology.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGH-zJ9_uFs

St Vincent, Karyn Kusama (The Invitation), and Roxanne Benjamin (Southbound) all did segments in it. And it looks pretty awesome.

Edit: Also, it has Melanie Lynskey in it, and I absolutely adore her ever since I heard her tell her story about "Tie Me Kangaroo Down, Sport" on Spontaneanation. AND it has Sheila Vand from A Girl Walks Home Alone at Night.

• Like 2

Have you seen the trailer for XX? I think it might be up your alley, too. It's an all-female written and directed horror anthology.

St Vincent, Karyn Kusama (The Invitation), and Roxanne Benjamin (Southbound) all did segments in it. And it looks pretty awesome.

Edit: Also, it has Melanie Lynskey in it, and I absolutely adore her ever since I heard her tell her story about "Tie Me Kangaroo Down, Sport" on Spontaneanation. AND it has Sheila Vand from A Girl Walks Home Alone at Night.

I have not seen this yet (and will have to wait until I get home to properly watch it) but everything you just wrote literally does have me written all over it lol

• Like 1

Those last two look really good and with companies like Magnet and A24 releasing them I have high hopes due to both of their track records releasing quality horror. It Comes At Night caught my eye in particular in that it resembles the recent Resident Evil game in that it focuses not on hordes of zombies, but rather a smaller number of villains which are a lot more deadly. The entire experience of being alone in a house where you know something fucked up is going on and you are basically helpless to stop it or get out in one piece makes for a truly visceral experience, which the film looks to be offering as well.

• Like 1

Those last two look really good and with companies like Magnet and A24 releasing them I have high hopes due to both of their track records releasing quality horror. It Comes At Night caught my eye in particular in that it resembles the recent Resident Evil game in that it focuses not on hordes of zombies, but rather a smaller number of villains which are a lot more deadly. The entire experience of being alone in a house where you know something fucked up is going on and you are basically helpless to stop it or get out in one piece makes for a truly visceral experience, which the film looks to be offering as well.

If you haven't seen Krisha, I would strongly recommend it. It's a family drama with TONS of horror elements, and it's currently on Amazon Prime. It's 100% not a horror movie, but it's easy to see Shults' eye for horror storytelling and framing. It's a wonderful film, and it's one of those movies that I feel like people are going to look back at in 5 years and say, "We knew Shults always had the chops for this."

(Full disclosure: my friend's twin brother is one of the producers on both Krisha and It Comes at Night, but if anything, I'm brutally honest with my friends and the projects they work on, and I had nothing but praise to lavish on Krisha after I saw it)

• Like 1

It's a Will Ferrell, Amy Poehler and JASON MANTZOUKAS MOVIE!!!!!

Jason lookslike the best thing in it ... GO JASON!!!

I haven't been able to even click play because I'm laughing so hard at Jason's half face in that still lol

• Like 8