🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×

For some reason this premise just seems interesting as hell to me. And if this doesn't seem like a Jacob's Ladder/Lovely Bones scenario I don't know what is.

It's still amazing that Bryan Cranston has grown in range as an actor from what he used to be most well known as.4f8d2831a2861b8c46be35bc04d7a06c.jpg

• Like 1

Just saw this trailer before Free Fire (see it immediately, it's fantastic) and as soon as Francis McDormand started throwing out swear words and kicking kids in the dick, I was instantly hooked. Then when I saw it's from the director of In Bruges and Seven Psychopaths, I cannot wait for this to come out.

• Like 1

The use of Whitney Houston there is genius.

Here's the poster for the film. hitmanbodyguardtiny.jpg

• Like 1

I can't wait to see this as I loved the first movie, but I have to wonder how they are going to explain how Colin Firth is still alive.

I can't wait to see this as I loved the first movie, but I have to wonder how they are going to explain how Colin Firth is still alive.

Honestly, the thing I found most interesting in that trailer is Channing Tatum. Is this going to be a soft Indiana Jones reboot?

The Hitman's Bodyguard trailer is so perfect, they don't even need to make the actual movie. It's all right there.

As for the debate about the Marvel movies, you must admit that--given the above evidence--that the lack of Samuel L. Jackson lately is a big problem. Age of Ultron would've been 100x better if he told the robot to go fuck himself.

• Like 2

Age of Ultron would've been 100x better if he told the robot to go fuck himself.

Or if he had told Joss Whedon to go fuck himself lbr

• Like 3

Or if he had told Joss Whedon to go fuck himself lbr

Yeah with it announced that he's directing Batgirl I don't know how to feel. I've loved the last few editions of the character which have real updated her to a more three dimensional character with interesting villains and allies. Yet I feel that's going to get bogged down in Whedon-dialogue and make it almost like a Buffy lite. I get why DC/WB picked him as he has had huge success with the films he's done for Marvel, but they have to realize he tends to bite the hand that feeds pretty hard even when that hand is still feeding him.

Yeah with it announced that he's directing Batgirl I don't know how to feel. I've loved the last few editions of the character which have real updated her to a more three dimensional character with interesting villains and allies. Yet I feel that's going to get bogged down in Whedon-dialogue and make it almost like a Buffy lite. I get why DC/WB picked him as he has had huge success with the films he's done for Marvel, but they have to realize he tends to bite the hand that feeds pretty hard even when that hand is still feeding him.

Someone else already summed up my feelings about it perfectly:

tHvXboQ.png

• Like 1

OH MY GOOOODDDDDDDDDD

giphy.gif

RIP BATGIRL'S CHARACTERIZATION

One of my other favorite tweets that day was Gail Simone asking Lexi Alexander how many people had asked her why the two of them weren't making the movie together.

And I would watch the FUCK out of that version.

• Like 1

One of my other favorite tweets that day was Gail Simone asking Lexi Alexander how many people had asked her why the two of them weren't making the movie together.

And I would watch the FUCK out of that version.

Idk, I tend to lean towards Becky Cloonans version, though WB will never make the film set in Burnside. Is Jenna Malone still Batgirl then since she had already filmed stuff for Batman v. Superman or is Whedon going to replace her outright even though Malone was great as Barbara Gordon?

Idk, I tend to lean towards Becky Cloonans version, though WB will never make the film set in Burnside. Is Jenna Malone still Batgirl then since she had already filmed stuff for Batman v. Superman or is Whedon going to replace her outright even though Malone was great as Barbara Gordon?

I'm sure she's under contract already and Whedon can't do shit about that. Unless he wants to break that contract and piss of DC/WB before the filming even starts.

I don't remember Jena Malone in BvS, but I'm in favor of more of her across the board, so I hope she's still going to be BG.

Her scenes were cut for time but were included in the director's cut. It added a bit of fluidity that the multiple storylines were missing, it's still not great but it improves upon what was put into theaters.

• Like 1

Her scenes were cut for time but were included in the director's cut. It added a bit of fluidity that the multiple storylines were missing, it's still not great but it improves upon what was put into theaters.

Ahhhh that explains why I didn't remember her. I was like, "How did I miss Jena Malone?! I love her!"

I'm sure she's under contract already and Whedon can't do shit about that. Unless he wants to break that contract and piss of DC/WB before the filming even starts.

I imagine this is how Whedon deals with this news. For some reason the clip won't open where I want it to so you have to jump to the 7 minute mark.

http://youtu.be/bvRSUlGe2lU?t=7m7s

Ahhhh that explains why I didn't remember her. I was like, "How did I miss Jena Malone?! I love her!"

Yeah I remember them promoting that she was hired to play Barbara and then she wasn't in the final cut which stunk, as after seeing her in the director's cut I would have taken her over the Lois Lane storyline any day of the week.

This movie got SO MUCH love at SXSW this year (along with Baby Driver and The Disaster Artist, it was one of the big movies people were crazy about), and it looks really great. If you've ever heard Emily or Kumail talk about either the movie or the events the movie is based on, you know it's going to be emotionally exhausting, but it looks totally wonderful:

• Like 6

My friend pointed out that the trailer is very similar to Last Action Hero, but substituting dreams for movies. And that's all I can see now.

BUT I love the idea of Dennis Haysbert as Idris Elba's father. Why has no one done this before? It's 100% perfect.

My friend pointed out that the trailer is very similar to Last Action Hero, but substituting dreams for movies. And that's all I can see now.

BUT I love the idea of Dennis Haysbert as Idris Elba's father. Why has no one done this before? It's 100% perfect.

I saw Haysbert and the first thing I thought was "aren't he and Idris the same age?" Then I look it up and that dude is 62 years old and actually the perfect age to play Idris' dad as he is 18 years younger, the age I would expect a young king/prince to start trying to have heirs. I absolutely love that they show how Roland loads his guns in the trailer, because there is a vaugeness to it in the books where it basically just says that he loads them faster than eyes can contemplate.

I also love that the studio basically made a "have a cake and eat it too" scenario by stating that this movie is a sequel to the book series. So the fans of the book can get new material while not being too made that it doesn't follow the source material to a tee and new viewers see a new tale without having to know any of the source material.