🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×

won't put this in the wraith thread but i went to see wonder woman today and it was awesome. Gal is incredible. for me it's up with the dark knight and winter solider. here's hoping justice league doesn't ruin it all again

I liked it as well though I felt they could have done more with the story than just a basic origin story. Another thing I found unfortunate was that the reveal of who the villain is was kinda telegraphed since the film had really only two major actors and the rest of the cast were character actors, so by process of elimination you could figure out who was going to be in the final reveal. I loved the action and felt that it moved smoothly and didn't seemed forced or stilted as other films have shown. I do wish that they kept more of the gods as they could have pulled a bit from the amazing Azzarello run of Wonder Woman, but they still did a fantastic job.

• Like 1

Another thing I found unfortunate was that the reveal of who the villain is was kinda telegraphed since the film had really only two major actors and the rest of the cast were character actors, so by process of elimination you could figure out who was going to be in the final reveal.

Yeah, Ewen Bremmer. Obviously.

MV5BMjA4NjkxMDI3OV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwODAyOTYzMjI@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,1499,1000_AL_.jpg

I enjoyed it and love Gal Gadot (RIP Gisele) but if I had one comment it would be that Patty filmed one too many catwalk glamor shots. Like right before the 3 most epic moments, we get these 10 second shots of Gal doing this catwalk strut and model faces right at the camera with wind blowing back her hair in slow mo. Like these weird blue-steel faces totally out of context from the scene.

Is that a double standard, I can't tell. I don't notice how much dude heroes do this but it was so blatantly un-badass. I much preferred her smiling and enjoying the fight in BvS when she got smacked down because it was contextual. Obviously that's bad comparison because this is just her origin story and she's not a full-fledged badass, but then go the other way with it. Show some fear or doubt on her face before heading into no-man's land instead of eye-fucking the camera.

• Like 3

Also, I couldn't get out of my head how bad the accents were for the other Amazons has the actresses were clearly instructed to try and match Gal's accent. Robin Wright, who was great in this, just couldn't do a convincing accent as neither could anyone else, so it all just came off as like when Brad Pitt tried to do an Irish accent in The Devil's Own.

• Like 1

won't put this in the wraith thread but i went to see wonder woman today and it was awesome. Gal is incredible. for me it's up with the dark knight and winter solider. here's hoping justice league doesn't ruin it all again

Hear, hear!

I liked it as well though I felt they could have done more with the story than just a basic origin story. Another thing I found unfortunate was that the reveal of who the villain is was kinda telegraphed since the film had really only two major actors and the rest of the cast were character actors, so by process of elimination you could figure out who was going to be in the final reveal.

I thought that defeating Ares was not going to be the thing that would stop the War, and I also did not even think that he would appear in the movie at all... Like a wake up call for Diana to understand the real world or something.

I enjoyed it and love Gal Gadot (RIP Gisele) but if I had one comment it would be that Patty filmed one too many catwalk glamor shots. Like right before the 3 most epic moments, we get these 10 second shots of Gal doing this catwalk strut and model faces right at the camera with wind blowing back her hair in slow mo. Like these weird blue-steel faces totally out of context from the scene.

Show some fear or doubt on her face before heading into no-man's land instead of eye-fucking the camera.

I liked Wonder Woman a lot too... The only criticism I have (and I'm being 100% nitpicky, I know) is the quick cuts in some of the action scenes that took me out of the movie for some reason... For example, Gal would be flipping an armored truck or something and then a quick cut would happen that interrupted the action (maybe cutting to the beginning take where "Action!" was just called on) and it seemed like she froze in time or stopped in place for a beat or less like she was pondering what to do next or something, but inversely I LOVED all the slow motion scenes (I saw it in 2-D) and I read on-line that a lot of people disliked them.

I thought that defeating Ares was not going to be the thing that would stop the War, and I also did not even think that he would appear in the movie at all... Like a wake up call for Diana to understand the real world or something.

that's what i thought. it would have been much more powerful if she discovered it doesn't need a god to interfere to cause man to destroy itself. especially in the context of the first world war. but i guess that's what ares was saying when he just "whispered in their ears". it would have been an incredibly depressing ending though

• Like 1

that's what i thought. it would have been much more powerful if she discovered it doesn't need a god to interfere to cause man to destroy itself. especially in the context of the first world war. but i guess that's what ares was saying when he just "whispered in their ears". it would have been an incredibly depressing ending though

That whole thing had me wondering then about how they explain how the numerous wars after occurred if that was taken care of in this film?

i bet she studies nineteenth-century French poetry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntxS1bBg5o0

Okay so this is apparently the slasher version of Before I Fall.

• Like 1

Okay so this is apparently the slasher version of Before I Fall.

it's a slasher version of groundhog day. that's actually phil and rita's daughter. she's experiencing her dad's nightmare by living the same day over and over and over ... rise and shine campers....

• Like 1

That whole thing had me wondering then about how they explain how the numerous wars after occurred if that was taken care of in this film?

Also if Ares only whispered and gave new wepons ideas but did not actually manipulate mortals/humans to do war with each other then why does the "War to End All Wars" stop after the final battle scene???

It's either a plot hole or he is still alive in some way...

it's a slasher version of groundhog day. that's actually phil and rita's daughter. she's experiencing her dad's nightmare by living the same day over and over and over ... rise and shine campers....

50 Cent replaces Sonny & Cher in this version ;)

Also if Ares only whispered and gave new wepons ideas but did not actually manipulate mortals/humans to do war with each other then why does the "War to End All Wars" stop after the final battle scene???

It's either a plot hole or he is still alive in some way...

To answer both you and Ryan

The point Ares was making to Diana was that he didn't actually create these wars only gave them ideas about how to do what they wanted, so human kind was always going to start more wars. Nothing could stop that.

The war was also already ending. They were going to sign the armistice on November 11th anyway, nothing that happened in that final battle actually affected that. If Ludendorff and Dr. Poison had succeeded in their plan then the war would have continued, which is what Ares wanted.

• Like 4

The point Ares was making to Diana was that he didn't actually create these wars only gave them ideas about how to do what they wanted, so human kind was always going to start more wars. Nothing could stop that.

The war was also already ending. They were going to sign the armistice on November 11th anyway, nothing that happened in that final battle actually affected that. If Ludendorff and Dr. Poison had succeeded in their plan then the war would have continued, which is what Ares wanted.

In regards to the end and some things that happened in the comics,

since Diana is revealed to be Zeus' daughter and she kills Ares, I have to wonder if they will follow the comics to where she is given the mantle of Goddess of War which is what happens after she kills her mentor Ares while battling the First Son of Zeus who is attempting to mold Mount Olympus and by extension Earth in his own image.

I seriously hope they at least make reference to that as that could make for an amazing movie.

So Ares gave both choices ( wepons ideas or the armistice he proposed ) but he really wanted Ludendorff and Dr. Poison to succeeded and crush Wonder Woman's hope for mankind?

P.S.: Thank you for explaining :D

• Like 1

So Ares gave both choices ( wepons ideas or the armistice he proposed ) but he really wanted Ludendorff and Dr. Poison to succeeded and crush Wonder Woman's hope for mankind?

P.S.: Thank you for explaining :D

Yes, in order to get her to join him in recreating the world in his image rather than Zeus's. My understanding is that Ares was pushing for Armistice knowing full well that Luddendorff and Poison would go against it because they were the ones he was whispering to. Thus only dragging the war out.

• Like 1

I dunno if this counts as a trailer, but want to see Jason given awkward press tour interviews? (These always seem light nightmares.)

• Like 1

like jon snow i know nothing about inhumans so i say this as a neutral .. this looks cack

i guess mr. bohannon is going to talk even less in this. what's his character's issue? he speaks everyone around him dies or something?

i guess mr. bohannon is going to talk even less in this. what's his character's issue? he speaks everyone around him dies or something?

Pretty much. Black Bolt has a voice so powerful that he can level a mountain with a whisper. While not the worst metaphor I've ever heard, is pretty on the nose. Aside from Medusa and Karnak, I'm not a huge fan of the Inhumans, but I have to agree with you - this looks like balls.

I was more excited when the rumor was it was going to be a feature film starring Vin Diesel. I have a feeling that they couldn't get that production together in time, but maybe

needed more characters for Infinity War

so they just threw this thing together...

• Like 1

The first episode is going to be released in cinemas so does that mean it qualifies for HDTGM?

Assuming it's as bad as it looks that is ... it could still be abit of fun. i don't know if that is what they were going for though

• Like 1

like jon snow i know nothing about inhumans so i say this as a neutral .. this looks cack

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sYF1SXcWqQ

Yeah Black Bolt has super volume to his voice, so he doesn't talk much but was a voice of knowledge that people always went to, eventually having him be part of Iron Man's shitty Illuminati. c19a674f4357331721aa1cb0a3e82882.jpg

The reason for the Inhuman's "popularity" over the last few years is because Marvel has been creating new ones every minute in order to have super powered characters in their cinematic universe since the X-Men are owned cinematically by Fox and Marvel decreed to their comic writers that there to be no more new mutants which could be used in Fox films.

My main issue with the Inhumans in the comics at least is that they are more self-righteous and elitist than Iron Man and Mr. Fantastic at their worst. The recent run for Inhumans vs. X-Men doesn't really have me cheering for them as while the gas that turns people Inhuman can kill a mutant, their response has basically boiled down to "eh fuck em, there are more of us now."

• Like 2

The reason for the Inhuman's "popularity" over the last few years is because Marvel has been creating new ones every minute in order to have super powered characters in their cinematic universe since the X-Men are owned cinematically by Fox and Marvel decreed to their comic writers that there to be no more new mutants which could be used in Fox films.

I think more so than that it can be chalked up to including Inhumans in Agents of SHIELD. Daisy Johnson is practically the lead character now and Quake is pretty damn badass to see go at it on screen. When they announced they were going to do Inhumans stuff I thought it was going to be her team of Inhumans going off on their own since they're all about spinoffs (or at least were before they trashed Mockingbird RIP) but what they gave us instead looks real bad and they should feel bad.

I think more so than that it can be chalked up to including Inhumans in Agents of SHIELD. Daisy Johnson is practically the lead character now and Quake is pretty damn badass to see go at it on screen. When they announced they were going to do Inhumans stuff I thought it was going to be her team of Inhumans going off on their own since they're all about spinoffs (or at least were before they trashed Mockingbird RIP) but what they gave us instead looks real bad and they should feel bad.

Oh they've been tee-ing it up for awhile on Agents, but even before that any chance they had to include the characters while removing the X-Men or making the X-Men outright villains has been happening pretty hard in the comic universe, since at the time the Inhumans had less name recognition than the Guardians of the Galaxy. Though this was also when it seemed that the Inhumans were going to be the tent-pole movie of Phase 3 or 4 of the MCU. They seemed to change their mind when the characters as a team weren't hitting it off with readers, unlike single characters like Moon Girl and Ms. Marvel which would be much better suited for a Marvel film, especially since they have a Bacon-esque degree of separation with characters like Captain Marvel, Hulk, and Spider-Man.

Also if you guys haven't read it yet, pick up Spider-Man/Deadpool vol 2. because it has Scott Aukerman and Paul as guest writers and they have some great Easter eggs for Earwolf fans.

2gbcFjM.pngC0WNP1oW8AQBR3c.jpg

• Like 6

I love that panel, especially now that Brie Larson will be Carol. It's meta all over.

I think more so than that it can be chalked up to including Inhumans in Agents of SHIELD. Daisy Johnson is practically the lead character now and Quake is pretty damn badass to see go at it on screen.

Yeah they clearly wanted the Inhumans to be the new mutants since Fox owns the rights. Quake wasn't even an Inhuman in the comics before the show. But--besides Kamala--I don't really think there is an Inhuman that people are really fired up over. Maybe that's just me. The fact that their LEADER can't talk is just awkward for film.

I think the show looks terrible and it makes me feel bad for the actors who are in it. I hope it dies quickly so they don't use Kamala. I want her to get her own movie. (And I totally was fancasting her father with Kumail's dad in "The Big Sick" when I saw it this weekend.)

Has anyone seen "The House"? I was going to maybe try to go sometime this week to support Jason but the reviews have not been great and my roommate doesn't want to see it. Anyone in NYC need a friend?

• Like 5

Has anyone seen "The House"? I was going to maybe try to go sometime this week to support Jason but the reviews have not been great and my roommate doesn't want to see it. Anyone in NYC need a friend?

Zouks is really good, and so is Rob Huebel. The rest.....not so much. Fortunately, Zouks is in A LOT of it.

• Like 4

I thought Farrell did well for what he was bringing to the table as an awkward dad who lets loose when drunk/inebriated while Poehler seemed to be holding back despite the movie being R rated. I also enjoyed that the many side characters were allowed to have their moments during the movie, but yeah Jason is the home run king of the movie.

I will say that Baby Driver is an amazing film and needs to be seen. It's not like prior Edgar Wright films which are a lot of nods to other genre films, but rather an amazing music opus that blends with the action you are seeing on screen. John Hamm steals the show as the father/brotherly figure to Baby in one scene and a psychopathic, heartbroken killer in the next. The weakest part of the movie is Jamie Foxx who chews up scenery way more than he should, but it doesn't completely distract from the scenes that he's in.

As for the Immortals, I don't think the show will run long enough to introduce Kamala unless they completely rush into the Terrigen Mist storyline from the comics. With how bad it looks, I don't seeing it lasting for long, especially when they can bring a character like Ms. Marvel into the MCU rather than a low-rent TV show. Though I wouldn't be surprised if they go that route now that it's been mentioned that after the Defenders comes out, there is going to be more integration between the Marvel shows and the Marvel movies.

• Like 2

I first heard about this movie through Cracked's series of articles about movies that aren't getting the type of mainstream promotion that they should be, it's basically a movie that acknowledges its small budget and makes a fun looking comedy. It has an element of weirdness that reminds me of John Dies at the End, and with comedians like Nick Thune and James Urbaniak, it makes me more excited to see it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzikIwPPle0