๐Ÿ”’ The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ร—

I can't wait for A Wrinkle in Time.

ย 

In the trailer, did they show Aunt Beast and also the mitochondria?

ย 

• Like 1

I never read the book growing up, but I love Ava DuVernay so much, so I'm really pumped for it.

ย 

Also, I kind of want Oprah to dress like that every day.

ย 

All that said, I'm so tired of the "baleful cover of some 80s song" bit that trailers keep doing. We get it. Now please stop.

oh hi paul

ย 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qab3TMg42k

ย 

it must have been a bit surreal making this

Kinda bummed that I have to wait until the end of the year to see it as A24 is looking at an award season release in the hopes of pumping up the chance of Franco getting a Best Actor nomination for the Oscars. If that happens, please dear god have Franco bring Tommy up on stage with him. so that he can make an Oscar speech and break the final seal in order to unleash the apocalypse.

• Like 3

Kinda bummed that I have to wait until the end of the year to see it as A24 is looking at an award season release in the hopes of pumping up the chance of Franco getting a Best Actor nomination for the Oscars. If that happens, please dear god have Franco bring Tommy up on stage with him. so that he can make an Oscar speech and break the final seal in order to unleash the apocalypse.

Wow. It's been taking forever for this to come out. But I can't wait to see Paul, June and Jason!

Wow. It's been taking forever for this to come out. But I can't wait to see Paul, June and Jason!

And the fact that this movie currently has a 92% on RT is making want this to come out even more.

scott eastwood is in it ... oh boy ... that's not filling me with any great hopes for it ... i still haven't rewatched the first one. the acting in that was bad enough without adding eastwood jr in to the mix ... it's basically just power rangers isnt it?

ย 

it's basically just power rangers isnt it?

ย 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pbwgwllquA

More like Evangelion, but sure.

ย 

This looks fucking terrible, though. I seriously was like, "Oh, is this for a video game?" the first time someone sent it to me. I love the first one so much, but I'm really worried about this now.

dude .. i'm stretching my knowledge at power rangers. what's evangelion? is that what power rangers was based on/ripped off from?

Nah, Power Rangers was based on (and used stock footage from) the Super Sentai series, which is a long-running superhero/mecha children's show in Japan. Mecha is kind of its own genre, and there are a ton of subgenres as well. It's kind of like comparing Scanners to Halloween. They're both horror movies, but that's about where the similarity ends. Pacific Rim was a love letter/mashup of mecha/kaiju genre films. A lot of the things people blasted it for (e.g., the chain sword that comes out of nowhere at the very end and hasn't been mentioned a single time the rest of the movie) are conventions of the genres.

ย 

Anyway, short answer: yes, Power Rangers, Super Sentai, Evangelion, and Pacific Rim are all mecha (or at least mecha-derived) properties :)

• Like 2

They just announced at SDCC that "Iron Fist" is getting a second season and Simone Missick (Misty Knight) will join the regular cast.

ย 

Like I *love* her in "Luke Cage" but they're going to make her kiss that wormy asshole. I need all the alcohol right now.

• Like 3

With how that teaser looks for Uprising, it would seem it's a prequel to the first film with John Boyega as a young Idris Elba, but it's a sequel that apparently about what to do with these warbots now that their main opponent is no longer around. I don't know why they went forward with this as the many of the main components that were likable about the first movie (Del Toro, Hunnam, Elba) are gone. At least Charlie Day is still in it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiK2fhOY0nE

As a huge fan of the book, I cannot wait for this movie. From what I can tell it looks like it will succeed where the Ender's Game adaptation failed by capturing the spirit of the source material. I loved the version of "Pure Imagination" as it fits the tone of the book perfectly although I'm wondering how the hell Warner Bros. got the rights to use the various characters/things shown in the trailer like Freddy Kreuger, the Delorian from Back to the Future, and others.

ย 

Also, if you guys missed the leaked trailer for Avengers Infinity War, it was glorious, and surprisingly heavy on the Guardians of the Galaxy. I'm also wondering how this is all going to play into the fact that it's been revealed that Captain Marvel is a prequel to Iron Man and will chronologically be the first film in the MCU. Which makes me wonder where she's been this whole time in the MCU.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiK2fhOY0nE

As a huge fan of the book, I cannot wait for this movie. From what I can tell it looks like it will succeed where the Ender's Game adaptation failed by capturing the spirit of the source material. I loved the version of "Pure Imagination" as it fits the tone of the book perfectly although I'm wondering how the hell Warner Bros. got the rights to use the various characters/things shown in the trailer like Freddy Kreuger, the Delorian from Back to the Future, and others.

ย 

Also, if you guys missed the leaked trailer for Avengers Infinity War, it was glorious, and surprisingly heavy on the Guardians of the Galaxy. I'm also wondering how this is all going to play into the fact that it's been revealed that Captain Marvel is a prequel to Iron Man and will chronologically be the first film in the MCU. Which makes me wonder where she's been this whole time in the MCU.

Honestly, the ONLY thing that I didn't love about that trailer is that the main character isn't at all like he was described in the book. He's supposed to be an overweight kind of loser character (at least in the 'real' world), I wonder how true they are going to stay to Art3mis' physical characterization. But, on the other hand, I also kind of like that it's not going to be "fat schlubby guy makes girl fall in love with him."

ย 

Everything else, though, looks great. I particularly love how they make the indoor parts of the stacks look versus the world of the Oasis as well as the IOI headquarters. Spielberg is still in love with Rylance, and I think he's adaptable enough to make a great Anorak. I really just hope Simon Pegg can nail Ogden Morrow. And when Simon Pegg is my biggest worry in a movie, I think it's doing okay.

I'm also wondering how this is all going to play into the fact that it's been revealed that Captain Marvel is a prequel to Iron Man and will chronologically be the first film in the MCU. Which makes me wonder where she's been this whole time in the MCU.

Yeah I wondering how they're gonna pull this off too, cause I want Brie... actually that's the end of that I just want Brie :P

ย 

But I'm crazy fuckin' excited for Captain Marvel vs The Skrulls!!!

• Like 3

Yeah I wondering how they're gonna pull this off too, cause I want Brie... actually that's the end of that I just want Brie :P

ย 

Brie is the best, and Captain Marvel is one of the handful of MCU movies I'm really excited about.

• Like 2

ย 

I'm now wondering if they are actually thinking of leading to the Secret Invasion storyline, which could really alienate fans if it's revealed that characters we've followed for years are Skree. The timeline is what I'm wondering about most because people freaked out big time with Homecoming because there were some inconsistencies in the timeline with the intro of Spider-Man in the MCU. The one thing I hope they don't do is call SHIELD SHIELD rather than Strategic Homeland Intervention Enforcement and Logistics Division, because that might be the canon-breaking error that could cause nerd WWIII.

• Like 1

I'm also wondering how this is all going to play into the fact that it's been revealed that Captain Marvel is a prequel to Iron Man and will chronologically be the first film in the MCU. Which makes me wonder where she's been this whole time in the MCU.

ย 

My guess is - by the end of her movie - she'll be stuck in space in some kind of suspended animation situation.

• Like 1

My guess is - by the end of her movie - she'll be stuck in space in some kind of suspended animation situation.

Or they could say flying through space actually takes time and stuff! Or she could've been living with the Kree, and learning how to use her powers, or saving people throughout the galaxy.

ย 

Now that I think about it Mar-Vell spent a lot of time trapped in the Negative Zone. They could do that.

ย 

I'm pretty excited about the idea that she is older than the actress playing her, much as Captain America is. Because I was worried Brie wasn't old enough to be a Commander of the Air Force. I want to see her ordering people around. And also punching. All the things I love.

ย 

I'm now wondering if they are actually thinking of leading to the Secret Invasion storyline, which could really alienate fans if it's revealed that characters we've followed for years are Skree. The timeline is what I'm wondering about most because people freaked out big time with Homecoming because there were some inconsistencies in the timeline with the intro of Spider-Man in the MCU. The one thing I hope they don't do is call SHIELD SHIELD rather than Strategic Homeland Intervention Enforcement and Logistics Division, because that might be the canon-breaking error that could cause nerd WWIII.

I also hate Secret Invasion and hope Carol thoroughly punches all the Skrulls in her film so we never have to see them again. Although my current working theory is that Nick Fury, former director of SHIELD, is now off forming SWORD. That would allow him to appear in Infinity War at least somewhat prepared for alien invasion, though I'm sad they are saying Carol isn't in Infinity War now. Boooooo.

ย 

Also wouldn't Captain America: The First Avenger still be the first film chronologically?

• Like 2

ย 

Or they could say flying through space actually takes time and stuff! Or she could've been living with the Kree, and learning how to use her powers, or saving people throughout the galaxy.

ย 

Now that I think about it Mar-Vell spent a lot of time trapped in the Negative Zone. They could do that.

ย 

I was mainly just coming up with a justification for why her character wouldn't be pushing 60 by the time she catches up with the rest of the MCU. Of your reasonings, I think your first point is the least likely since the Guardians don't seem to have trouble getting around, and your Negative Zone theory the most likely - which is kind of what I meant by "suspended animation." Or it could just be that her powers retard the aging process. Who knows?

ย 

My only fear is that she will be the third character (if you count Peter Quill) to be displaced in time. I would really have no problem believing that Danvers would be able to rise through the ranks quickly, though (because she's a bad ass). I'm just worried (and this is really cynical, I know) that this is less of a story decision, and more of a "we need a character to be able to make specific pop culture references/jokes" OR (even worse!) "we're planning on pairing her off with Star Lord and this gives them a (very superficial) connection." I just don't know why all MCU "Captains" have to be from "a different time."

ย 

I would love it if Fury was off making SWORD, but I think him being in her Kree vs Skrull movie, makes him a prime "Secret Invasion" candidate - which sucks. That was maybe the most disappointing "Event" I ever read. Ugh!

• Like 1

ย 

ย 

I'm pretty excited about the idea that she is older than the actress playing her, much as Captain America is. Because I was worried Brie wasn't old enough to be a Commander of the Air Force. I want to see her ordering people around. And also punching. All the things I love.

ย 

ย 

I also hate Secret Invasion and hope Carol thoroughly punches all the Skrulls in her film so we never have to see them again. Although my current working theory is that Nick Fury, former director of SHIELD, is now off forming SWORD. That would allow him to appear in Infinity War at least somewhat prepared for alien invasion, though I'm sad they are saying Carol isn't in Infinity War now. Boooooo.

ย 

Also wouldn't Captain America: The First Avenger still be the first film chronologically?

I liked Secret Invasion as a storyline in comics, but it doesn't work well in movie form, especially for a established franchise like Marvle has created. It would make sense for Fury to be creating SWORD, as it would make sense in where the films have headed and the fact that Fury was revealed as the "Man on the Wall" in the comics who was spending his whole career secretly destroying alien enemies worse than what the superheroes were facing without anyone ever knowing.

ย 

As for Brie not being in Infinity War, I know it's to be taken with a grain of salt, but she is listed on the IMDB cast list for the film, so maybe she's in the credit stinger. Also, apparently Peter Dinklage is listed in the cast, which only adds to the cast list that is one of the most star heavy films I've ever seen.

• Like 2

ย 

I liked Secret Invasion as a storyline in comics, but it doesn't work well in movie form, especially for a established franchise like Marvle has created. It would make sense for Fury to be creating SWORD, as it would make sense in where the films have headed and the fact that Fury was revealed as the "Man on the Wall" in the comics who was spending his whole career secretly destroying alien enemies worse than what the superheroes were facing without anyone ever knowing.

ย 

As for Brie not being in Infinity War, I know it's to be taken with a grain of salt, but she is listed on the IMDB cast list for the film, so maybe she's in the credit stinger. Also, apparently Peter Dinklage is listed in the cast, which only adds to the cast list that is one of the most star heavy films I've ever seen.

ย 

I enjoyed the build up to Secret Invasion, but I didn't like the payoff. Honestly, I didn't think they went far enough. Aside from Spider-woman, all the Skrulls basically turned out to be, like, Jarvis and Dum Dum Dugan. I also hated that New and Mighty Avengers got hijacked and were just spinning their wheels during the duration, telling flashback stories to answer questions that no one was asking.

• Like 1

in case any one is still interested

ย 

Not interested, but thanks for the heads up...

• Like 1