🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×

13 hours ago, grudlian. said:

None of this is that surprising. Parts of this movie felt like a prestige soap opera. Plus it's an 80s British miniseries which, based on the handful I've seen, they are awfully melodramatic even the ones held up as legitimately great by critics.

But boy is that hair not GLORIOUS!

Widows.jpg.945a994215a14051f3ce49244ce37577.jpg

• Like 2

Talk about a great Christmas surprise seeing this in my Youtube feed.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, RyanSz said:

ZOUKS IS IN IT!!

Where!? I looked for him and I think I missed it!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, taylorannephoto said:

I don't see him either.  At 00:50 there's a heavily bearded man in the background but it doesn't obviously look like Zouks.  Could just be a generic bearded bad guy.

22 hours ago, taylorannephoto said:

He's not in the trailer, I only found out looking at the cast list, he plays an assassin called the Tick Tock Man. In fact, his begging to be in the next John Wick film during the Johnny Mnemonic episode is one of the first bits of trivie the movie has on IMDB.

7 hours ago, RyanSz said:

He's not in the trailer, I only found out looking at the cast list, he plays an assassin called the Tick Tock Man. In fact, his begging to be in the next John Wick film during the Johnny Mnemonic episode is one of the first bits of trivie the movie has on IMDB.

Oh, well yeah I knew he was in it cause it got this big announcement, but I thought you meant he was in the trailer lol! Clearly I think the shot of the clock will be from his scene considering his name, but I was REALLY looking forward to a beard man lol.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, firsttimecallerlongtimelistenr said:

this looks ridiculous ... i can't wait!!!

Was kind of leery when seeing Idris Elba is literally a supervillain, but the chemistry between the Rock and Statham quelled that and I cannot wait to see this movie. Though I think many of the negative comments on the trailer are being written by Tyrese and Vin Diesel who are pissed that this got made.

So the F&F Franchise/Universe whatever just doesn't care anymore, they are embracing the fact they are making superhero movies. What a weird course this franchise has taken.

I love it

On 2/4/2019 at 3:00 PM, Elektra Boogaloo said:

Do the laws of gravity just.... not apply to the Rock?

Clearly, because being the most electrifying man in sports entertainment comes with some special abilities.

3 hours ago, RyanSz said:

Clearly, because being the most electrifying man in sports entertainment comes with some special abilities.

Him?

OhDaly.jpg

• Like 2

11 hours ago, IRONicmerMAN said:

Him?

OhDaly.jpg

John Daley WISHES he was as electrifying as the Rock, even during his Rocky Miavia days.

I don't know about this one, especially as the original franchise is still making movies that have actually been really good in the last couple outings. It just seems like MGM is trying to strike while the iron has been reignited for the original property. Unfortunately no one from the original creative team is involved with this and Brad Dourif is said to not being doing the voice of Chucky which is akin to Robert Englund not playing Freddy Kreuger. Also from what I've read it doesn't appear to be a doll possessed by a killer through voodoo, but rather a glitch in the AI being used within the dolls. I'm definitely seeing the movie, but I'm keeping the expectations low.

7 hours ago, firsttimecallerlongtimelistenr said:

FUCK. YES.

• Like 1

I'm very interested in seeing where this goes as the trailer seems like a real misdirect in how the film will actually play out, plus with the cast as loaded as it is, this should be an peculiar watch, especially with it being a summer release rather than the usual award season time that Tarantino films have been put out in.

On 3/20/2019 at 11:27 PM, RyanSz said:

I'm very interested in seeing where this goes as the trailer seems like a real misdirect in how the film will actually play out, plus with the cast as loaded as it is, this should be an peculiar watch, especially with it being a summer release rather than the usual award season time that Tarantino films have been put out in.

wasn't Inglorious Basterds released in the summer? Or at least late summer? The reason I ask is I saw it on a double bill with Julie & Julia (I was working in a small town with one two screen theater and that was what was showing.) and I could have sworn it was in summer

15 minutes ago, EvRobert said:

wasn't Inglorious Basterds released in the summer? Or at least late summer? The reason I ask is I saw it on a double bill with Julie & Julia (I was working in a small town with one two screen theater and that was what was showing.) and I could have sworn it was in summer

According to IMDB it was released August 21, 2009.

His last two were late December so this does seem very early in the year for him. But I'm wondering if he's trying to take advantage of dead weeks where nothing good comes out. I think Jordan Peele and Marvel have shown that there's no longer a need for certain movies to come out only at a certain time. Although I'm still kinda meh on QT, but the story of the Manson family and Sharon Tate is up there for me in my murder story loving mind so I'm definitely interested to see what he does with all of that.

5 minutes ago, taylorannephoto said:

According to IMDB it was released August 21, 2009.

His last two were late December so this does seem very early in the year for him. But I'm wondering if he's trying to take advantage of dead weeks where nothing good comes out. I think Jordan Peele and Marvel have shown that there's no longer a need for certain movies to come out only at a certain time. Although I'm still kinda meh on QT, but the story of the Manson family and Sharon Tate is up there for me in my murder story loving mind so I'm definitely interested to see what he does with all of that.

Out of curiosity I googled when the Tate Murders occurred, Aug 8 & 9 of '69. I'm wondering if they trying to "cash in" (for lack of a better term--or maybe that is the best term) on the 50th Anniversary of the Tate Murders and the publicity that I'm sure will surround it.  

Just now, EvRobert said:

Out of curiosity I googled when the Tate Murders occurred, Aug 8 & 9 of '69. I'm wondering if they trying to "cash in" (for lack of a better term--or maybe that is the best term) on the 50th Anniversary of the Tate Murders and the publicity that I'm sure will surround it.  

I think that's it exactly. The same with that Ted Bundy Zac Efron movie coming out soon cause we just hit the 30th anniversary of all that shit (it's either of his death or when he was arrested I shamefully can't remember because Bundy is not actually on my top list of murderers).

2 minutes ago, taylorannephoto said:

I think that's it exactly. The same with that Ted Bundy Zac Efron movie coming out soon cause we just hit the 30th anniversary of all that shit (it's either of his death or when he was arrested I shamefully can't remember because Bundy is not actually on my top list of murderers).

Yeah Bundy isn't all that interesting. 

1 minute ago, EvRobert said:

Yeah Bundy isn't all that interesting. 

I want this "Ted Bundy is hot" trend to die in a fire lol.

• Like 1