On 2/2/2020 at 1:18 AM, RyanSz said:

Yeah it was confirmed during the film of Hobbs & Shaw that at least the Rock wouldn't be appearing in this film, Statham hasn't been confirmed or denied so far. I did get a nice chill at the reveal at the end of the trailer, but that along with the reveal that John Cena is apparently Dom's brother, this series has gone from over the top superhero film to soap opera. Also after revealing that somehow Han has been alive and just been hiding out for apparently years, I have to assume that they approached Gal Gadot into coming back as well but were unable to get her because she was filming Wonder Woman 1984, because if two of the three big "deaths" at the end of Fast 6 have now been proven to have not happened, then she should most definitely still be alive.

I was avoiding the trailer for spoilers but since friends, and now the minisode, have ruined that for me, I watched the Fast 9 trailer.

In theory, I'm fine with Han coming back. If Michelle Rodriguez can die (she died in 4 right) then come back, it's no less ridiculous. I think it's weird that a person so dedicated to family never mentioned a brother. I'm even fine with that because Dom's family isn't necessarily blood and that's perfectly normal.

What worries me about these revelations is the writer isn't Chris Morgan. As ridiculous as this series gets, he has been the writer since Tokyo Drift. He's been able to walk the line between awesome and stupid that miraculously works somehow. I don't know if someone else can do that with these characters.

I haven't followed the behind the scenes of this but I kind of wonder if Vin didn't have something to do with Chris Morgan leaving. It looks like Morgan is writing other stuff and maybe he's just busy. So, I'm just speculating.

On 2/7/2020 at 7:44 AM, grudlian. said:

I was avoiding the trailer for spoilers but since friends, and now the minisode, have ruined that for me, I watched the Fast 9 trailer.

In theory, I'm fine with Han coming back. If Michelle Rodriguez can die (she died in 4 right) then come back, it's no less ridiculous. I think it's weird that a person so dedicated to family never mentioned a brother. I'm even fine with that because Dom's family isn't necessarily blood and that's perfectly normal.

What worries me about these revelations is the writer isn't Chris Morgan. As ridiculous as this series gets, he has been the writer since Tokyo Drift. He's been able to walk the line between awesome and stupid that miraculously works somehow. I don't know if someone else can do that with these characters.

I haven't followed the behind the scenes of this but I kind of wonder if Vin didn't have something to do with Chris Morgan leaving. It looks like Morgan is writing other stuff and maybe he's just busy. So, I'm just speculating.

I'm okay with Han being back so long as it can be explained coherently, but it also can end up horrible as it was clear they were answering to the hashtag of "justice for Han" that came about in the last movie, as doing this is a mixed bag of success in terms of fan service, and hopefully they ask why the fuck he wasn't there helping out in the last couple films. With Morgan not being the writer this time around, I wonder if it's a case of "fuck where do I go from here," because at this point the only thing left for them to do in these films is go into space, time travel, or have their cars form a Megazord. I looked at his IMDB and he isn't bogged down with a bunch of screenplays, just the next Conan film and the announced Bride of Frankenstein movie, though with Universal's Dark Universe collapsing after The Mummy fizzled, that may be a while off.

This seems like another candidate for HDTGM.  Gerard Butler vs. a comet.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, DrGuts1003 said:

This seems like another candidate for HDTGM.  Gerard Butler vs. a comet.

GREEEEEENNNNNNLLLLAAAAANNNNDDDD!

• Like 1