🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Andrew

Earwolf Android app

Any news on when this baby hits the (virtual) shelves? The last Earmail said it was ready now, but I'm still not seeing it?

@Andrew We're short on resources, but are actively searching for developers to help out. Andres, our web expert, did a lot of work to ensure that it'd be fairly straightforward for an Android dev to make a functioning app, we're just looking for the right person.

I wish I could do it myself, but the time it would take for me to get fluent enough with Android development, on top of the multiple projects I'm working on now, would only extend the wait greatly.

Bump. Still no news on the development?
The terrible android app is the only thing keeping me from donating.

Sorry I never updated. We have a very talented developer named Mitch working on a complete version (think iPhone app v2.0) now, it should hopefully be done in a matter of weeks.

Nice. By the way, I would definitely pay for the app - perhaps the free one could only give access to the most recent 20 episodes, and the paid one gives full access? Just an idea.

@Andrew Though it is a great idea, it limits us greatly when we use the app to introduce Earwolf to new people. I can explain what a podcast is to someone and why they should care, but if a big-name guest isn't in the last 20 episodes, then the odds of them actually getting in to it are lower than they could be. This is also the reason I personally argue against removing older episodes from our feeds and making them premium content.

Good news is though, you can easily just donate to Earwolf whatever price you would've purchased the app for!

Bump.

Any recent news on the Android app? I know the iPhone one is up and running, but no news on the Android version.

Just curious

Mitch is still working hard on it. Sorry, we don't have an ETA yet. Thanks for caring enough to ask though, we're really excited to be working it.

That's cool. I don't want to come off as ungrateful or impatient for something that's going to be free (and no doubt awesome too); I'm just excited to get my hands on it eventually!

Don't worry, you don't sound that way. You sound like an awesome person who likes what we do and hopes we can make it easier to listen to. I love people who sound like that.

So, it's been over a year since this has been posted, and still no Android app. What's up?