🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JackChristensen

I want the show back

I miss the show. I used to look forward to it every week. Now I click back and forth from How Did This Get Made? and I Was There Too, and I feel like something is missing. Then I remember "Oh yeah, The Canon. I wish there were more episodes." This will probably be a very unpopular opinion given the climate out there right now, but I think Devin could even come back. Maybe he could offer an apology to everyone he's hurt at the top of the first episode back. Or maybe Amy could continue the show with another co-host, but hopefully someone who is likely to disagree with her often so that we don't lose the dynamic of the show. I don't know, and it might be too soon for everything to have been worked out. But I really miss The Canon.

• Like 6

This was the best film podcast. No show taught me more about film literacy and grammar, while being thoroughly entertaining and insightful in any myriad of ways. Devin and Amy have a rapport like no one else. Good chemistry is too hard to find. Anyway, I love The Canon. If it's gone, that's a really rough pill, but whatever. If it's possible, then it'd mean the world to make it happen.

• Like 4

I agree with everyone else. Such a great idea for a show and a really entertaining podcast as well. It would be a real shame to see it go.

• Like 2

Someone here a couple months ago turned me on to the Now Playing podcast. That's been getting me through my Canon withdrawl quite well. I'll just re-tweet it:

http://www.nowplayingpodcast.com/

Big archive (click "Archives" to start). Well edited. Lotta "genre" films. If you're hurting for easy-to-listen-to movie discussion podcasts, I highly recommend it.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this