🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
DaltonMaltz

Episode 1 - Sisters in Death

In 1964, 19-year-old Mary Sullivan was strangled to death in her apartment, the 13th victim of a killing spree that had terrorized Boston for 18 months. Her death remained unsolved for nearly 50 years. The same is true for a dozen more deaths attributed to the Boston Strangler. In our first episode, we meet Mary, as well as the killer’s first victims, and begin to explore the many unanswered questions that continue to haunt the victims’ families, the police who worked on the case, and the reporters who turned it into a national story.

The phrase "I'm from Missouri on that" is derived from a speech given by Representative Willard Vandiver, in which he claims "I'm from Missouri; you have got to show me." implying that Missourians at the time had a reputation for being skeptical in the face of "frothy eloquence." Missouri still claims "The Show-Me State" as its nickname.

• Like 1

Just finding interests in podcasts - and this is my first official listen. And I must say - this is a fantastic way to start!!

Sign in to follow this