🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 459 - Giamatti Gives Thanks

Novi-Doggie is upon us and it’s the time of year where we are thankful for everything in our lives. We are thankful that actress Maria Thayer of truTV’s Those Who Can’t and Strangers with Candy fame is here to honestly answer Scott’s questions about her personal life. We are thankful that our old friend and world famous actor Paul Giamatti has returned to the show to let us know the real way he was offered the show Billions. We are thankful for small business owner Gary Urbansky to come visit us by the way of Chicago to tell us all about his hair business. We are thankful for all you listeners. Happy Thanksgiving!

Even though my Thanksgiving was over a month ago because I'm a Snow Mexican, I'm very thankful today for James Adomian.

If you haven't listened to him as Jesse Ventura on Howard Stern, I suggest you go do that right after you're done with this episode.

Big fan of Jim adomian and podcasts and im glad that we could all share this moment together have agood day everyone

• Like 1

Tried to keep myself from spitting out coffee and ended up having it dribble onto my shirt trying to stifle my laughter at the thought of Dom DeLuise as a brutal sexual master.

• Like 3

Tawny Newsome is amazing and I laughed hard at her guy. Also at how confused every white person was. It's nice as the one black lady who listens to get a shout out here and there.

Paul Giamatti was grim perfection, and I love Maria... so pretty.

Bless you, Scott Auckerman, this was... quite the episode.

• Like 6

Poor Giamatti seemed to tear up a lot during this episode. ... Loser.

EDIT: Hahahahaha! Just got to the point where Paul is talking about his odd body shape, radar, and having to fly. Too funny! Bravo James A. on your quick wit and improv. Hilarious... I just want that clip to be a Best Of. .. Now I'm tearing up.

• Like 1

Fantastic episode. Perfect trifecta of interview, established character, and new character.

• Like 4

Some random notes:

Maria sounded like maybe she had done some mary jane before this was recorded, but her constant laughter and inability to answer straightforward questions was very endearing.

Over the last few months, Tawny has become one of my favourite guests on Spontaneanation and now CBB too.

I'm glad to hear Jesse Ventura has made the plug bag his happy home, but I hope he'll escape someday to come back on CBB. More Adomian please!

This being the last episode for this year's Best-Ofs eligibility is fitting, since it's definitely getting my vote. It's going to be another tough year to choose though, requiring several Sophie's choices. Maybe not as hard as last year though.

• Like 3

Im very curious to know if Huawei actually wants "hoo ah weh ee" as their Americanized pronunciation, or if Scotty just didnt learn how to say "Wah Way" and made a crazy guess

• Like 1

Great fun episode from all guests, and Scott was delightfully antagonistic. I may be remembering wrong, but it seemed like Adomian's Giamatti was a little more subtle than times past.

• Like 1

Im very curious to know if Huawei actually wants "hoo ah weh ee" as their Americanized pronunciation, or if Scotty just didnt learn how to say "Wah Way" and made a crazy guess

Hearing him pronounce that gave me a good chuckle thinking about him trying to make his way around Southeast Asia a couple weeks ago.

• Like 1

I may be remembering wrong, but it seemed like Adomian's Giamatti was a little more subtle than times past.

ha, maybe? i mean, he talked about being cooked alive, sleeping in a veal pen, being hunted by predator drones, etc. not sure if that counts as subtle. i busted out laughing at the dom deluise and "under the radar" bits. absolutely amazing.

this was a real treat as i've sorely missed adomian's appearances, and giamatti (from the nick offerman episode way back) was one of my first introductions to his amazing improv and character work.

• Like 1

ha, maybe? i mean, he talked about being cooked alive, sleeping in a veal pen, being hunted by predator drones, etc. not sure if that counts as subtle. i busted out laughing at the dom deluise and "under the radar" bits. absolutely amazing.

this was a real treat as i've sorely missed adomian's appearances, and giamatti (from the nick offerman episode way back) was one of my first introductions to his amazing improv and character work.

To be fair, veganlobster, this appearance was still arguably more subdued than past appearances even with all of that amazing madness. I'm not counting it as a negative, I loved every minute of it, I just think maybe Paul is freaking out less because he's more at peace with his place in the infinite universe and the never-ending wheel of life.

Yes, compared to some of the things Giamatti has said and done in the past... hard to top those. But Adomian was absolutely great, as usual.

There was some cringe-worthy awkwardness at the beginning with the Thayer interview—Scott doesn't normally go so hard at a first timer, ha.

This week, I am thankful for CBB.

• Like 1

I havent commented in years but I came here just to say thank you to James and Scott for bringing back Giamatti who is my all time favorite character. I hope we get to see Adomian more regularly!!

p.s. the squealing & unzipping noise James made during Scott's intro for Giamatti was a glorious and obscure call-back that I appreciated immensely.

"... between one minute and a light year..."

dammit Scott, a light year is a measure of distance, not time.

jesus christ, i thought this show was written by nerds?

also, i thought this show was written?

i may be the problem here.

• Like 3

Sign in to follow this