🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 149 - The Lawnmower Man: LIVE! (w/ Neil Casey, Emily Heller)

One thing not touched on was: How was everyone just able to walk in and use the lab whenever they felt like? Also, I would agree that Emily's incessant laughing was distracting. There are a few PodCasts that I have stopped listening to because the hosts crack up constantly. Thankfully HDTGM is not usually one of those.

• Like 1

Cameron H, there's another Cameron H. on Twitter. I asked if if was you and he said "no." There's also a different Judas Priestly on Instagram. Exact same spelling and everything. I don't know who started theirs first, but I didn't think that was allowed.

• Like 1

Cameron H, there's another Cameron H. on Twitter.

giphy.gif

This will not stand! Tell him to change his name!

I just hope he was cool. I don't need some douchebag out there tarnishing my brand. :)

• Like 2

giphy.gif

This will not stand! Tell him to change his name!

I just hope he was cool. I don't need some douchebag out there tarnishing my brand. :)

that's why you need to man up and create twitter account called "TheRealCameronH" or "RealCameronH" then you will show them. Mind you is twitter still a thing?

Mind you for a long time I thought twittering was this..

Velma%20Twerk.gif

• Like 3

that's why you need to man up and create twitter account called "TheRealCameronH" or "RealCameronH" then you will show them. Mind you is twitter still a thing? Mind you for a long time I thought twittering was this..

Velma%20Twerk.gif

Is it wrong that I find this like ridiculously hot?

• Like 3

I'm hoping for a Christmas episode this year.

me too. there's 2 live shows on the 16th so im guessing one or maybe even both will have some holiday stuff in them ... and as long as there isn't a star wars holiday special 2 out there we should be fine

• Like 1

From the mind of director Steve King, LOL comes a new kind of horror!

vxddmf.jpg

You joke but there was a really good horror book set in an IKEA like store called Horrorstor by Grady Hendrix who has quite a few good books like this one and Satan Loves You. The book has kind of a Lovecraftian feel to it and is well done for a first time author.

• Like 1

From the mind of director Steve King, LOL comes a new kind of horror!

vxddmf.jpg

I loved that scene where they wake up and think that they've escaped and everything is fine... until they discover that the TV and the books and the computer are all just hollow cardboard displays. Scary!

• Like 4

Mind you is twitter still a thing?

I joined less than a year ago for the sole purpose of communicating with hosts and fellow listeners of my favorite podcasts. I think I've had enough interactions with Paul Scheer, Matt Gourly, and Amy Nicholson to feel validated as a worthwhile human being.

• Like 4

I'm glad Emily's laugh has become a topic of discussion. Seriously, I thought I was crazy when I shouted "Oh come the fuck on!" during my walk to work this morning.

I'm on Team Emily's Laugh. Her laughter didn't bother me in the slightest. I'll complain when the podcast includes a canned laugh-track or gratuitous off-mic morning zoo-style laughter. A guest laughing on a comedy podcast, though? That's just good times.

• Like 4

I'm on Team Emily's Laugh. Her laughter didn't bother me in the slightest. I'll complain when the podcast includes a canned laugh-track or gratuitous off-mic morning zoo-style laughter. A guest laughing on a comedy podcast, though? That's just good times.

Me too! Also, I find an unbridled belly laugh from a woman to be kind of sexy. Not to be a pig, I'm not trying to reduce her to whether or not I find her attractive; but have we really gotten to a point where we can't even say someone is attractive without being called sexist?

• Like 3

I loved that scene where they wake up and think that they've escaped and everything is fine... until they discover that the TV and the books and the computer are all just hollow cardboard displays. Scary!

there is a second part to that story, later that night!

2mrfamg.jpg

• Like 2

Me too! Also, I find an unbridled belly laugh from a woman to be kind of sexy. Not to be a pig, I'm not trying to reduce her to whether or not I find her attractive; but have we really gotten to a point where we can't even say someone is attractive without being called sexist?

You might even become president.

• Like 6

My father grew up in rural Alberta and in his hometown with population of a few hundred had three if I recall correctly.

How Did This Get Named

809632_01.jpg

Sweet Virtual Balls!! I missed this poster the first time through this thread.

• Like 1

- as mentioned by another user, if his birthday is indeed in December, Jason did not see Phantom Menace on his birthday. I know because it was my birthday, in May, and it was very sad. None of Episode !,II, and III were released in December, but it appears The Force Awakens was released on his birthday (or the Web is wrong about his birthday).

So I couldn't remember if Phantom Menace came out in 99 or 2000 so I went to look it up and I found out that Jason was right all along

Because even though Phantom Menace did premiere in May of 1999 it was already re-released into theaters again on December 3rd, 1999 (my birthday in case anyone was dying to know). So Jason could have gone to see Phantom Menace on his birthday (which is December 18th), but why the hell would he have waited so long to see it!?

• Like 2

So I couldn't remember if Phantom Menace came out in 99 or 2000 so I went to look it up and I found out that Jason was right all along

Because even though Phantom Menace did premiere in May of 1999 it was already re-released into theaters again on December 3rd, 1999 (my birthday in case anyone was dying to know). So Jason could have gone to see Phantom Menace on his birthday (which is December 18th), but why the hell would he have waited so long to see it!?

Oh fuck...Happy Birthday, Taylor Anne! Sorry so late :)

giphy.gif

• Like 1

Oh fuck...Happy Birthday, Taylor Anne! Sorry so late :)

giphy.gif

I swear I wasn't fishing for a happy birthday but I will take it anyway lol. Thank you, Cameron!

• Like 2

I swear I wasn't fishing for a happy birthday but I will take it anyway lol. Thank you, Cameron!

Oh, I know. Awhile ago I went snooping in everyone's profiles trying to get everyone's birthdays so I could be on point, but I never really followed through. Maybe next year...

• Like 2

So on last night's Marvel's Agents of SHIELD an AI android runs amock and I could have sworn the script was punched up by our HDTGM friends. Mack kept dropping nonstop bad movie references of the killer robots/AI variety. At one point they're all gathered around in their HQ talking through some plan when all the phones in the room start ringing all at once and Mack says "Ok, this right here? This i exactly how the Lawnmower man ends..." with a terrified expression. Later, Mack and his lady are talking about ai robots always go on to kill their human overlords and haven't the inventors seen any movies from the 80's? When his lady friend suggests they should force the inventors to watch all the terminators, Mack mentions 'Even salvation?' presumably pointing out the worst of the series. After that they run into a hangar where a Quinjet activates itself and starts shooting at them to which Mack says "She did not go all Maximum Overdrive on us..." lol and finally Mack sneaks up on the android and beheads it with his shotgun mounted axe, zoom in to mack saying "Roll credits."