🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 460 - Persons of Interest

Feliz Novi-Doggie! Musical legend and CBB TV band leader “Weird Al” Yankovic joins Scott to share his thoughts on the series finale of Comedy Bang! Bang!, the possibility of retiring from public life, and a potential all accordion album. Then, Detective James P. Garetty of the Boston homicide department stops by to ask Scott a couple of questions as part of his investigation. Later, local celebrity Kole Kringle arrives to tell us about the different ways he is the opposite of his brother Kris. Finally, we get some much needed fashion tips from fashion designer David!

Vote for the Best of CBB Live 2016 here: http://poll.fm/5pkz5

Vote for the Best of CBB 2016 here: http://poll.fm/5pjur

• Like 3

My favorite part about this episode is how much Drew Tarver's character sounds like Matt Gourley's H.R. Geiger.

• Like 2

James P. Garetty is one of my favourite characters of the year.

• Like 3

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Ryan Gaul is a damned national treasure. I want Scotty to start giving out awards at the best ofs like most improved, MVP, best newcomer, best first-time guest. The only thoughts I really have on them though are that Gaul needs to be honored, his characters are always so absurd and hilarious. Maybe its just me but to me, he understands how to be ridiculous and hilarious at the same time. Sometimes improvisers are very ridiculous with their answers but for some reason that doesn't translate to laughs for me.

Kringle was about to feel like a dud to me until he turned the corner and it became hilarious, I haven't even heard Tarver aside from off-mic laughter yet and this is a memorable ep

• Like 4

As soon as I saw Ryan in lineup, I clicked Play so damn hard and started grinning like crazy. Hilarious as always!

By the way, Dr. Peter Fash and James P. Garetty should totally hang, just imagine their conversations...

"How often do you eat in In-N-Out?"

"You asking me if that's my diet?"

"No, are you on the internet a lot?"

"Oh, yeah, that's me dyin'".

• Like 2

BTW# 2: Was Ryan's comment about going to the movies and "You're paying, I'm bringing popcorn" a jab at Scott's friend from the popcorn story?

• Like 3

Litrally tearing up at Gaul. Amazing.

Gaul has steadily risen to becoming the number 1 character/guest on this podcast in '16.. No one has had better characters or made me laugh as hard as Ryan. His doctor character is hilarious but the financial advisor is by far some of the funniest shit to ever be on this podcast.. I love how all of his characters share a certain wild card absurdity and a bat shit crazy persona shelled inside a seemingly normal occupation. and his off the cuff improv style is great.

• Like 3

Gaul has steadily risen to becoming the number 1 character/guest on this podcast in '16.. No one has had better characters or made me laugh as hard as Ryan. His doctor character is hilarious but the financial advisor is by far some of the funniest shit to ever be on this podcast.. I love how all of his characters share a certain wild card absurdity and a bat shit crazy persona shelled inside a seemingly normal occupation. and his off the cuff improv style is great.

I'm still waiting for Tom Petty's "Live from Zappo's" album, he's gotta get off that grass

My favorite part about this episode is how much Drew Tarver's character sounds like Matt Gourley's H.R. Geiger.

At times a little like Victor Diamond, too, I think.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this