🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 149.5 - Minisode 149.5

Rest assured I will refer to myself as Taylor Anne. I'm dropping the photo part so you can all deal with it lol.

Wanna start placing bets that I don't even get tickets again let alone get to throw out a C&O?

• Like 6

Rest assured I will refer to myself as Taylor Anne. I'm dropping the photo part so you can all deal with it lol.

Wanna start placing bets that I don't even get tickets again let alone get to throw out a C&O?

Scheer reads these boards. We KNOW he does. PAUL, WE DEMAND TAYLOR ANNE IS AT THE AUSTIN SHOW. MAKE IT SO! (please)

Let's see if that helps.

• Like 5

I happened to see their tweet at 9:30ish this morning saying they were going on sale at 10, so I was, like, #30 in the queue. I was really shocked they were having it at Stateside, because that's a fucking TINY theater. Glad they moved it to the Paramount, and I hope you get tickets so you can join me!!

• Like 4

I happened to see their tweet at 9:30ish this morning saying they were going on sale at 10, so I was, like, #30 in the queue. I was really shocked they were having it at Stateside, because that's a fucking TINY theater. Glad they moved it to the Paramount, and I hope you get tickets so you can join me!!

I literally saw Paul post on instagram at 9:59 and because of that queue didn't get into the site until 10:32...

I had no idea that I would need to get onto the site so much earlier than the actual time the tickets go on sale.

• Like 3

Scheer reads these boards. We KNOW he does. PAUL, WE DEMAND TAYLOR ANNE IS AT THE AUSTIN SHOW. MAKE IT SO! (please)

Let's see if that helps.

(ALSO MY BEST FRIEND WHO IS GOING WITH ME! JUST SHUT UP AND TAKE OUR MONEY)

• Like 5

I literally saw Paul post on instagram at 9:59 and because of that queue didn't get into the site until 10:32...

I had no idea that I would need to get onto the site so much earlier than the actual time the tickets go on sale.

Yeah, I had a similar experience with buying Rogue One tickets. They were supposed to go on sale at 11:01 PM. Alamo apparently started a queue at some point earlier because I checked the website at 10:50, and there were already 2k people in the queue. But then they also started selling tickets early on the app, so my friend still managed to get us tickets for Thursday night. It took me almost 30 minutes to get through it, so I just ended up getting tickets for Friday night, too. (And then yesterday, I bought La La Land tickets for after the Friday showing...it's going to be a good weekend)

• Like 2

Well a huge FUCK YOU to the Stateside at the Paramount in Austin for their fucked up system of buying tickets because the TWO shows Paul promoted are already sold out.

They made me wait HALF AN HOUR just to get into the site only to find out the tickets were sold out.

I am so fucking pissed off right now.

You should get a VIP ticket for being an very active member of the HDTGM crew. Paul if you are reading this or someone from the show, don't mess with the pink ladys!!

241nj8m.jpg

• Like 5

Man, Paramount and everyone has been super nice about the whole thing and I already feel embarrassed about my anger lol.

This is how much this show means to me that if the venue makes me wait so long that the tickets sell out I will send out angry rants on Twitter and the Earwolf message boards and then laugh about it immediately after lol.

• Like 3

So, I just finished the bowling scene (where young Pamela Adlon is walking home with the British dude), and I was expecting this to be much, much worse based on everyone's reactions here. Don't get me wrong; it's not good. But I am loving every second of this mess.

I could listen to a whole episode just based on the "Score Tonight" musical number. I have so much to say about that whole sequence.

• Like 4

So, I just finished the bowling scene (where young Pamela Adlon is walking home with the British dude), and I was expecting this to be much, much worse based on everyone's reactions here. Don't get me wrong; it's not good. But I am loving every second of this mess.

I could listen to a whole episode just based on the "Score Tonight" musical number. I have so much to say about that whole sequence.

I totally agree! I had never seen it before, but I'm actually going to try to get another viewing in tomorrow morning. It's dumb, but it's fun dumb.

giphy.gif

• Like 1

I totally agree! I had never seen it before, but I'm actually going to try to get another viewing in tomorrow morning. It's dumb, but it's fun dumb.

giphy.gif

OMG. "Cool Rider" is amazing. When she starts spelling it at the end, I laughed out loud. It's so great.

Also, I read that Pat Benetar was one of several actresses considered for Pfeiffer's role. I want to see that movie so fucking bad.

• Like 2

Wait what, is the Austin show sold out now?? Noooooo! I didn't even see the tweets, I've been sick. I'm so bummed...

Wait what, is the Austin show sold out now?? Noooooo! I didn't even see the tweets, I've been sick. I'm so bummed...

They are moving to the bigger venue next door, which they really should have been in to begin with, so there will be more tickets coming soon!

I have a lot of alerts set up to notify me of when this happens so I'll make sure to post here when I hear more!

• Like 1

I put on 'Cool Rider' to torment my wife as she repairs Christmas Tree bulbs and Bridie, my nearly-five year old, materialised next to me, transfixed. She demanded I replay the song four times before I chased her away. Outsmarted.

http://imgur.com/a/AXYcn

• Like 7

They are moving to the bigger venue next door, which they really should have been in to begin with, so there will be more tickets coming soon!

I have a lot of alerts set up to notify me of when this happens so I'll make sure to post here when I hear more!

Omg okay. I guess I better keep a closer eye on twitter too. I'm starting to feel better, so hopefully I won't sleep through important announcements this time.

• Like 4

Man! If everyone on the boards manages to get to the Austin show, and I can't get my shit together to make it happen, I'm gonna be one sad motherfucking panda.

tumblr_inline_mj7jkqo89P1qz4rgp.gif

• Like 4

I put on 'Cool Rider' to torment my wife as she repairs Christmas Tree bulbs and Bridie, my nearly-five year old, materialised next to me, transfixed. She demanded I replay the song four times before I chased her away. Outsmarted.

Now you just gotta make her learn Michelle Pfeiffer's sweet dance moves.

tumblr_llzcm7mzaZ1qc86xvo1_500.gif

When do the tickets go on sale? Asking for a friend.

They haven't announced yet, but you can either follow the venue on Twitter ( @ParamountAustin ), or you can sign up for email alerts here: https://tickets.austintheatre.org/account/shortreg.aspx?_ga=1.192217384.364085568.1477322383

• Like 5

In my mind that worked out something round the lines of, Smokes, Ornament, EHHH!

16joj1x.jpg

The bike was hung by the tree with such care, in hope that some biker named

would soon be there.
  • Like 1

I suspect that a lot the hate is from people who don't usually like musicals (such as myself). If you like musicals you might be more inclined to enjoy Grease 2 in a fun bad way.

• Like 2