🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 118 — Hologram Toes

Will Al/Bob/Derrick ever meet Merrill Shindler? I want that episode just in case I ever ingest poison and need to throw up.

This was a fantastic episode - Eddie did a great job with his character and Patton really, really does shine in his inquisitive role. I didn't even realize until the end that no games were played - they're often my favorite parts of the episodes, but the whole conversation was so entertaining that I didn't feel I missed out on a Would You Rather? or a What Am I Thinking? The Pepitone talk at the end was really funny, especially just wondering how long they could keep it going in front of him.

I know it does do semi-serious interviews a lot of the time, but I don't really know why you'd come to Comedy Bang Bang expecting in-depth interviews with comedians, there's plenty of other podcasts that serve that function and have had more serious interviews with Patton. Also from reading the description beforehand, it kind of gave away that it'd be a kind of sequel to the Andy Daly and Patton episode.

I loved this episode! It's genius listening to Scott and Patton flesh out these characters brought in by Andy Daly and Eddie, two of my favourtite episodes! Also loved James Adomian's restaurant critic!

So glad to see Ska Talkerman's post. He's exactly right. It makes no sense for people to be criticizing the show because Patton isn't the central guest. that's the idea. it's like saying a gross-out comedy is gross, or a romantic comedy is romantic.

For my money, let me set up the scene earlier today: On my lunch break, eating lunch in my car (it gets happier...). I'm listening to this episode, & as soon as Eddie says "Touchie toes." I have a, I kid you not, 2 minute laugh-until-I-cry experience. It was cathartic & beautiful. I haven't laughed that hard in years. Eddie is fantastic.

I'm pretty sure Scott made it obvious with his sarcastic tone at the beginning of the show that...
a. He was poking fun at the commentator from the Oswalt/Daly episode who was upset that Andy Daly's character kept interrupting and talking over Patton.
b. There will not be an in-depth interview with Patton.

This episode was fantastic! Eddie is an amazing character guest and that's cool that Patton is willing to allow room for a character to grow and really go into depth. That is some of my favorite stuff on CBB. The games are always hilarious as well, but I really enjoyed the full episode focus on Al-Bob Derek !. I think it all came together really nicely and it payed off. I thought it was hilarious every time Eddie coughed and groaned into the mic, it didn't bother me at all. I understand why people can't handle it, but I didn't care, I can handle noises.

Question - how was the diner marshal wearing diabetic socks if his feet were amputated?

love the show.

hologram diabetic socks?

Eddie Pepitone is hilarious and I'll second (third?) the recommendation for The Long Shot, a podcast he co-hosts. I'm starting to wish I'd just called in sick to work when he did stand-up here in Chicago the other day.

Love this episode! Thanks Scott and earwolf staff! Please have Eddie back! I think the world would collapse if Eddie and Andy daly were on the same ep

I keep coming back to this one. Unlike the life of a diner marshall, this ep just gets better. Please bring Eddie and Patton back soon!

• Like 1

This is also on my rotation. I love the Patton interview episodes that get interrupted by an insane person. Still hoping Patton comes back and interrupts himself with his George Lucas impression someday.

This is one of my favorite episodes. Patton is extremely to fun to listen to mess around and the in-depth character interview is wildly funny and interesting.

This is one of my favorite episodes. Patton is extremely to fun to listen to mess around and the in-depth character interview is wildly funny and interesting.

seriously. great stuff.

i just re-listened and am surprised at the negative response from a few people in the beginning of this thread.

also. the host with the most (scott) actually posted in this thread... neato!

Eddies was one of those names I would skip over when I first got into the podcast and was trying to go through some of the backlog (I've still got plenty, been bouncing around and relistening to some favorites and ones I previously skipped between new episodes). Not sure whether it was due to being unfamiliar with his work, or just assuming he wouldn't be good in this shows format. I did listen to this one, but I think moreso for Patton at the time.

After going back and hearing this one again and listening to his first appearance as the teamster character, I have come to appreciate him much more, really funny guy. Going to have to listen to his newer episode and the one in between soon.

Sign in to follow this